Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,833 members, 7,813,785 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:22 PM

What Is The Implication Of CBN Withdrawing N1trn From Circulation? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What Is The Implication Of CBN Withdrawing N1trn From Circulation? (504 Views)

Firstbank Records N1trn Transactions Via USSD Platform / Benefits Of CBN's New FOREX Policy / New Monetary Policy Pulls Out N744bn From Circulation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Implication Of CBN Withdrawing N1trn From Circulation? by donk147: 6:47pm On Apr 05, 2016
The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) has disclosed it readiness to pull out up to N1 trillion from circulation in a bid to stabilise the economy.

Already, N525 billion has been pulled out less than one week after the policy which seeks to tighten money supply, while additional N219 billion is slated to be pulled out next week

http://www.leadership.ng/news/514901/cbn-withdraw-n1trn-circulation
Re: What Is The Implication Of CBN Withdrawing N1trn From Circulation? by Ekugbeh(m): 7:19pm On Apr 05, 2016
This is to mob excess cash flow in d economy.
No cause for alarm, since it is a kind of regulation. It is done when there is much circulating naira in the economy xo as to stabilise it as they already put it.
Re: What Is The Implication Of CBN Withdrawing N1trn From Circulation? by fistonati(m): 7:25pm On Apr 05, 2016
I hope govt will put box for us to put the money at the petrol stations
Re: What Is The Implication Of CBN Withdrawing N1trn From Circulation? by Paulpaulpaul(m): 7:36pm On Apr 05, 2016
The economy will be literarily dehydrated.

Deflation is the economic term, as it is now, we don't have enough naira in circulation hence the present hardship.

To my secondary school economics knowledge
Re: What Is The Implication Of CBN Withdrawing N1trn From Circulation? by thesicilian: 7:46pm On Apr 05, 2016
How does that even work in the first place, as in, how does mopping up excess cash stabilise the economy? And what constitutes excess cash?

(1) (Reply)

HP Elitebook For Sale / What Biz Can I Do With This My Covered Pick Up / Join This BBM Channel Several Web-app You Can Make Money From C004D1135

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.