Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,090 members, 7,859,961 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 10:13 PM

The Power Working In Impossibilities - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Power Working In Impossibilities (664 Views)

The Power Behind Sex / Possibilities And Impossibilities / The Easiest Way To Deal With Impossibilities Is To Believe God. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Power Working In Impossibilities by igeakanmu: 4:25pm On Jul 30, 2009
THE POWER WORKING IN IMPOSSIBILITIES
BY OLUWANISOLA SEUN EMMANUEL
EZINE ARTICLE EXPERT AUTHOR
SHARED WITH NCCF (CROSS RIVER STATE, BIBLE STUDY UNIT)

Impossibility means that something cannot happen or be done. It means also an extremely difficult situation to deal with. Possibility means something can be done or likely to happen or exit. Possibility and impossibility are two opposite words. It is paradoxical to say that an impossible thing is possible (by the lay of nature).

To human beings, not everything is possible as some of the slogans go. ‘It is not possible’, ‘It is incredible’, ‘Tell me is a lie’, ‘You are kidding me’, etc. This list is endless. These are some of the words that describe impossibilities.

Let’s take a typical example here. Assuming a woman without womb, how can she get a baby of her own? Imagine a dead man rising up after four days that he has been buried! These things are impossible to man but to God all things are possible. God can do everything. He makes life out of death and usefulness out of uselessness. He brings out hope from hopelessness or dejection and likewise kings and princes from nobody.

God has the power not to only change impossibility to possibility but also bring out something from nothing. He works most often in impossibility to show man the riches of His power and glory. His ways are fearful. People tend to appreciate God more when things they thought are ever permanent are changed by God in the twinkling of an eye.

God doesn’t want us to capitalize on impossibilities but want us to act on them by calling on Him to work out the possibilities from them. You should not limit yourself with sayings like, ‘It is not possible’, ‘I can’t imagine it’, ‘How possible’, etc. However, what should be your mindset is that I can do all things through Christ that strengthen me.

There are quite power working in impossibilities which every Christian must know and learn how to use. They are:
• The power of the spoken word of God (Gen 7:4, 19:14)
• The power in God’s covenant (Gen 18:10-14)
• The power of unity of minds and souls (Gen 11:5-7)
• The faith/believe of the concerned (Matt 21:18-22, Heb 11:7)
• The spirit of obedience (Jn 2:1-11)
• The wise use of gift through His grace (2Kg 2:7-cool
• The power of revelations of steps (Jericho, Job 6:1-5)
• The spirit of the Lord coming on one in power (Judges 14:5-6)
• The power of prophesy (1Kgs 21:23-24; 2Kgs 9:35-37)
• The power of prayer (Matt 14:17-19, Eze 37:3-10)

There are lots of reasons why God chooses to work in impossibilities and they include:
• To glorify Himself (Exo 14:15-18)
• To make people believe in Him (Jn 11:41-45)
• To show how powerful He is in transformation
• To draw people unto Himself (Jn 11:14-45)
• To show that nothing is too hard for Him (Gen 18:13)

(1) (Reply)

Is Religion Good For The Next Generation? / Anger As Pastor Displays Casket At Crusade / The Carried Cross

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.