Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,636 members, 7,813,100 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:59 AM

Another Igbo Girl Offered Admission In 8 Ivy League Schools! - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Another Igbo Girl Offered Admission In 8 Ivy League Schools! (854 Views)

Chinaza Asiegbu Accepted Into 8 Ivy League Schools In US. Photos / Nigerian New Jersey Teen Gets Accepted By All 8 Ivy League Schools / Augusta Uwamanzu-Nna Accepted By Eight Ivy League Schools (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Another Igbo Girl Offered Admission In 8 Ivy League Schools! by PRXPERT: 12:52pm On Apr 06, 2016
Igbo Girl Accepted in All Eight Ivy League Schools By N.J. Burkett Monday, April 04, 2016 05:42PM ELMONT, Long Island (WABC) -- A high school student from Long Island is celebrating the rare feat of being accepted to all eight Ivy League schools. But for Augusta Uwamanzu-Nna, the Elmont High School valedictorian, there are no secrets and no shortcuts to academic success. "I think the main thing that has shaped me into the individual I am now is just tenacity and persistence," she said. Uwamanzu-Nna is the daughter of Nigerian immigrants who instilled in her self-confidence, humility and a respect for education. "Though I was born here in American, I visited Nigeria many times," she said. "And I've seen that my cousins don't have the same opportunities that I have. So definitely, whatever I do, I want to make sure that it has an impact on Nigeria." Science is her passion, and she was an Intel finalist for her research on cement that could help prevent underwater oil rigs from rupturing. Michelle Flannory is Augusta's research adviser. "She knows that you have to work," she said. "Is she naturally talented? Yes, but she definitely pursues excellence." Augusta, she says, takes constructive criticism constructively. "I've struggled with numerous classes in the past," Augusta said. "But I guess what allowed me to be successful, ultimately, in those classes, at the end, is my persistence and my tenacity." And she's justifiably proud of her GPA, a whopping 101.6. On Monday, Augusta received an invitation to the White House Science Fair. And as for college, she says it is great to have choices, but she hasn't decided. But of course, she will thrive no matter where she goes.
Re: Another Igbo Girl Offered Admission In 8 Ivy League Schools! by PRXPERT: 12:53pm On Apr 06, 2016
oya cc lalasticlala come ooh food don done! it yav appen again!
Re: Another Igbo Girl Offered Admission In 8 Ivy League Schools! by PRXPERT: 12:55pm On Apr 06, 2016
see the link here. abc7ny.com/education/elmont-hs-valedictorian-celebrates-acceptance-at-all-8-ivy-league-schools/1275824/
Re: Another Igbo Girl Offered Admission In 8 Ivy League Schools! by Xonology: 12:56pm On Apr 06, 2016
Put picture & source
Re: Another Igbo Girl Offered Admission In 8 Ivy League Schools! by PRXPERT: 12:59pm On Apr 06, 2016
Xonology:
Put picture & source
na video dey dia

You remember the previous guy? www.newsday.com/long-island/nassau/harold-ekeh-elmont-high-school-senior-sweeps-ivy-league-admittance-and-more-1.10191096?obref=obinsite
same high school ooh
and another Chioma onuoha, then this..
we don't do interviews we read books!
Re: Another Igbo Girl Offered Admission In 8 Ivy League Schools! by thesicilian: 1:05pm On Apr 06, 2016
When they do well they are Igbos, but when they commit crimes they are Nigerians.
Re: Another Igbo Girl Offered Admission In 8 Ivy League Schools! by PRXPERT: 1:13pm On Apr 06, 2016
thesicilian:
When they do well they are Igbos, but when they commit crimes they are Nigerians.
you dey vex abi?
she is on cnn bbc, Newyork times, oya knack head for ground!! cc lalasticlala wetin happen na? na sleep carry you so? if you are doubting it check out another link
m.nydailynews.com/new-york/long-island-teen-accepted-ivy-league-schools-article-1.2589597
Re: Another Igbo Girl Offered Admission In 8 Ivy League Schools! by thesicilian: 1:21pm On Apr 06, 2016
PRXPERT:

you dey vex abi?
she is on cnn bbc, Newyork times, oya knack head for ground!! cc lalasticlala wetin happen na? na sleep carry you so? if you are doubting it check out another link
m.nydailynews.com/new-york/long-island-teen-accepted-ivy-league-schools-article-1.2589597

So were these ones also. what's your point?
1. Nigerian Doctor, Edwin Njoku accused of ra.pe by female patient - 2012

http://www..com/talk/topic,95523.0.html

2. FBI’s Most Wanted Nigerian Fraudster Tobechi Onwuhara Arrested in Australia - 2013

https://www.fbi.gov/washingtondc/press-releases/2013/ringleader-of-multi-million-dollar-home-equity-line-of-credit-fraud-scheme-sentenced-to-70-months-in-prison-after-years-as-a-fugitive#disablemobile
Re: Another Igbo Girl Offered Admission In 8 Ivy League Schools! by PRXPERT: 1:29pm On Apr 06, 2016
thesicilian:

So were these ones also. what's your point?
1. Nigerian Doctor, Edwin Njoku accused of ra.pe by female patient - 2012

http://www..com/talk/topic,95523.0.html

2. FBI’s Most Wanted Nigerian Fraudster Tobechi Onwuhara Arrested in Australia - 2013

https://www.fbi.gov/washingtondc/press-releases/2013/ringleader-of-multi-million-dollar-home-equity-line-of-credit-fraud-scheme-sentenced-to-70-months-in-prison-after-years-as-a-fugitive#disablemobile
see painment! l cc Richie abeg come and see this bad belle. push this to frontpage
Re: Another Igbo Girl Offered Admission In 8 Ivy League Schools! by PRXPERT: 3:06pm On Apr 06, 2016
cc fynestboi, olawoleboi, Richie y'all have decided to ignore this wonderful news, because it's a good news right?? you went straight to push inconsequential news on frontpage! but ignore this type of news... nonsense!

(1) (Reply)

FUTO SUG President, Writes Open Letter To Gov. Rochas Okorocha Due To Bad Roads / OAU Will NOT Conduct Entrance Exam ( Pics) / Futminna 2016/2017 Pre Admission Screening Exercise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.