Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,273 members, 7,864,395 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 05:27 PM

Another Nigerian Teenager Gets Accepted By All Eight Ivy League Schools - Pics - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Another Nigerian Teenager Gets Accepted By All Eight Ivy League Schools - Pics (497 Views)

Chinaza Asiegbu Accepted Into 8 Ivy League Schools In US. Photos / Nigerian New Jersey Teen Gets Accepted By All 8 Ivy League Schools / Augusta Uwamanzu-Nna Accepted By Eight Ivy League Schools (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Another Nigerian Teenager Gets Accepted By All Eight Ivy League Schools - Pics by Parkac(m): 1:13pm On Apr 06, 2016
For the second year in a row, an Elmont Memorial High School student has been accepted to all eight Ivy League schools.

It will be recalled that last year, the Long Island high school’s salutatorian Harold Ekeh chose to attend Yale University after having his pick of all eight Ivy League schools.
This year, Augusta Uwamanzu-Nna, Elmont’s valedictorian, will face the same decision. Uwamanzu-Nna was also accepted to the four additional schools to which she applied.

“My recent accomplishments reflect the hardworking ideals of the town of Elmont, my supportive parents and my dedicated teachers. I am elated, but most importantly, I am thankful,” she said in an interview.

Ekeh and Uwamanzu-Nna are both Nigerian. Ekeh was born in Nigeria and came to the United States when he was 8. Uwamanzu-Nna is the daughter of Nigerian immigrants.

“Though I was born here in America, I visited Nigeria many times,” Uwamanzu-Nna told CNN affiliate WABC. “And I’ve seen that my cousins don’t have the same opportunities that I have. So definitely, whatever I do, I want to make sure that it has an impact on Nigeria.”

Uwamanzu-Nna plans to pursue a science-related major. She was a finalist in the 2016 Intel Science Talent Search for her research on cement that could help prevent underwater oil rigs from rupturing. On Monday, she received an invitation to the White House Science Fair.

She is hoping to attend a school where she is able to combine her varied scientific interests, which include biochemistry and environmental studies, she said in the press release.

Uwamanzu-Nna hasn’t made a final decision on what school she will attend, but with acceptance to 12 schools, she has a tough decision to make.

Source: http://campusportalng.com/education/nigerian-teenager-gets-accepted-eight-ivy-league-schools/32660/

Re: Another Nigerian Teenager Gets Accepted By All Eight Ivy League Schools - Pics by Parkac(m): 1:15pm On Apr 06, 2016
First pix; Augusta Uwamanzu-Nna. Second pix; Harold Ekeh... Making Nigeria proud. Cc: Seun, Lalasticlala
Re: Another Nigerian Teenager Gets Accepted By All Eight Ivy League Schools - Pics by SweetieConstie(f): 1:22pm On Apr 06, 2016
WOW!!! Congratulations to her! grin
Re: Another Nigerian Teenager Gets Accepted By All Eight Ivy League Schools - Pics by Parkac(m): 2:36pm On Apr 06, 2016
SweetieConstie:
WOW!!! Congratulations to her! grin
Indeed

(1) (Reply)

Done! / Pls Help!!!!!! Unijos Registration 2015/2016 / Let's Come Together And Swear For Jamb Officials..help Me Oh!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.