Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,154 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:53 PM

Julius Berger To End Flooding On Aba-Port Harcourt Road - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Julius Berger To End Flooding On Aba-Port Harcourt Road (27591 Views)

Port-Harcourt Road, A Major Road In ABA Has Turned To "River Niger" / Pictures Of Arab Contractors Working On Aba Road Umuahia / Good Change Hits Owerri/port Harcourt Road (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Julius Berger To End Flooding On Aba-Port Harcourt Road by smses: 4:31pm On Apr 06, 2016
Only in port Harcourt(photos)

1 Like

Re: Julius Berger To End Flooding On Aba-Port Harcourt Road by ireneidiva(f): 4:51pm On Apr 06, 2016
flyca:
This is 2016 for Pete's sake. There shouldn't be open gutter drainages
Does that look like an 'open gutter' drainage to you?

1 Like

Re: Julius Berger To End Flooding On Aba-Port Harcourt Road by ireneidiva(f): 4:53pm On Apr 06, 2016
tundeayo2020:
Sometimes I wonder how advanced Biafra would have been if it had survived the civil war. Considering how hardworking 95% of the IBOs I've mingled with over the years.
What has this got to do with this thread?
Re: Julius Berger To End Flooding On Aba-Port Harcourt Road by sikes04(m): 4:55pm On Apr 06, 2016
spotlessduke:
shebi those yeebos like cheap things na !!
what is this one saying? undecided
Re: Julius Berger To End Flooding On Aba-Port Harcourt Road by ojnnaco(m): 5:08pm On Apr 06, 2016
Abagworo:
Government should focus on enlightenment campaign against dumping refuse in manholes which I have discovered is the cause of recent flooding along Aba road. Another option is to seal up the manholes using detachable metal covers to prevent people from dumping refuse inside.
Re: Julius Berger To End Flooding On Aba-Port Harcourt Road by MadCow1: 5:09pm On Apr 06, 2016
www.nairaland.com/attachments/3573055_12919785868961053213681528409560826482232n_jpeg64716778f001b9963db5c32ad300f652

I wait to see what Wike does with this road..

Amaechi already had those roads figured out!! The problem beyond even refuse clogging up the drains are known!! The solution was rather expensive for just a short gap measure..

Let me see what Wike and the crooked Julius Berger cooks up.

Meanwhile, so after Cyril Dum Wite was caught with fake Soldiers and over 4 Million Naira Cash on the re-run election day, he is free and walking around Rivers State.. grin grin grin #Free&Fair Elections My ass...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Julius Berger To End Flooding On Aba-Port Harcourt Road by Kenechi1: 5:27pm On Apr 06, 2016
Abagworo:
Government should focus on enlightenment campaign against dumping refuse in manholes which I have discovered is the cause of recent flooding along Aba road. Another option is to seal up the manholes using detachable metal covers to prevent people from dumping refuse inside.
Or they could build sidewalks over the manholes.
Re: Julius Berger To End Flooding On Aba-Port Harcourt Road by phantom(m): 5:31pm On Apr 06, 2016
billyoung:
Isn't this the same guy who was caught with money trying to rig during rivers rerun. He was beaten like a thief and made to sit on the ground with other criminals. Lemme get a link to the video/pics.

https://www.nairaland.com/2999263/cyril-dum-wite-arrested-during-rerun#43915796

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin i also noticed!

1 Like

Re: Julius Berger To End Flooding On Aba-Port Harcourt Road by ipasol80: 6:10pm On Apr 06, 2016
billyoung:
Isn't this the same guy who was caught with money trying to rig during rivers rerun. He was beaten like a thief and made to sit on the ground with other criminals. Lemme get a link to the video/pics.
https://www.nairaland.com/2999263/cyril-dum-wite-arrested-during-rerun#43915796

It's actually the same man, it's the kinda society we find ourselves in, you can do anything and walk away as long as the government favours you.
Re: Julius Berger To End Flooding On Aba-Port Harcourt Road by ajealadick(m): 6:46pm On Apr 06, 2016
But I thought this Wike's special adviser was in military custody having being caught with other armed youths in military uniforms during the last rerun election. Was there a prison break?
Re: Julius Berger To End Flooding On Aba-Port Harcourt Road by emi14: 7:17pm On Apr 06, 2016
Why Jonathan left that road untouched?
Re: Julius Berger To End Flooding On Aba-Port Harcourt Road by Abagworo(m): 8:00pm On Apr 06, 2016
martyns303:
Ameachi did pretty well in his first tenure, he hired indigenous construction companies to build roads, the downside to this is that these companies lack track records and the roads soon dilapidated, then he went the dark side and everything stopped working.

Wike is using JB and those guys make some of the best roads.

Which Amaechi Road is bad? Why was there less flooding during Amaechi time? The reason is simply because there was functional refuse evacuation system which has collapsed under Wike and we all know why. The head of waste management is a politician rather than an expert as used by Amaechi. To correct this Felix Obua should be given a more befitting appointment while competent hand is employed. Not everything is politics. Have you passed through Ada George Road lately? In a few months time the indiscriminate refuse dumping will block the drainage and scarce resources will be wasted in avoidable issue.

Re: Julius Berger To End Flooding On Aba-Port Harcourt Road by mercenary: 8:04pm On Apr 06, 2016
Lilimax:
Nice decision!.
But I thought I read on this Forum that Julius Berger have winded up their business in Nigeria undecided
I hardly believe most news I read online these days smiley
guess u're not in dis planet... Go find out how those guys built d roads in Akwa Ibom... And den go 2 old Port Harcourt city and see what those guys have done in how many months... With JB in Rivers state Wike brought 2 rubbish everything d lizard ever did in Rivers state.
Re: Julius Berger To End Flooding On Aba-Port Harcourt Road by slimtik(m): 10:03pm On Apr 06, 2016
Whatever Julius Berger wanna do on Aba Road please please please they should have a firm traffic management plan in place unlike what we have been experiencing on Peter Odili Road for the past weeks. Julius Berger please try and hasten up work on Peter Odili road and open/fix alternative routes. What happened to punitive measures biko?
Re: Julius Berger To End Flooding On Aba-Port Harcourt Road by dozai: 10:35pm On Apr 06, 2016
slimtik:
Whatever Julius Berger wanna do on Aba Road please please please they should have a firm traffic management plan in place unlike what we have been experiencing on Peter Odili Road for the past weeks. Julius Berger please try and hasten up work on Peter Odili road and open/fix alternative routes. What happened to punitive measures biko?
I taya for that place oh. Just asphalt overlay. I keep asking what they re really doing for so long a time. causing hectic log jams on a very busy road.
Re: Julius Berger To End Flooding On Aba-Port Harcourt Road by tundeayo2020: 10:39pm On Apr 06, 2016
ireneidiva:

What has this got to do with this thread?
pardon my comment, I was just thinking out loud
Re: Julius Berger To End Flooding On Aba-Port Harcourt Road by Silverkeitz(m): 10:43pm On Apr 06, 2016
Re: Julius Berger To End Flooding On Aba-Port Harcourt Road by Nobody: 11:02pm On Apr 06, 2016
spotlessduke:
shebi those yeebos like cheap things na !!
SHAME, U DONT HAVE.UGLY £UNT
Re: Julius Berger To End Flooding On Aba-Port Harcourt Road by COMPAQ(m): 5:15am On Apr 07, 2016
martyns303:
Ameachi did pretty well in his first tenure, he hired indigenous construction companies to build roads, the downside to this is that these companies lack track records and the roads soon dilapidated, then he went the dark side and everything stopped working.

Wike is using JB and those guys make some of the best roads.

This is so untrue!! I live in port Harcourt andbi don't know which roads you refer to that are dilapidated. Let me remind you of the roads Amaechi dualised

Old ABA road
Rumuola road
Trans Amadi road to slaughter
Stadium road
Elekahia road
Stadium road - rumuola link road
Okporo road
Azikiwe road (by government house)
Forces avenue
Nnlg road to Eastern by pass roundabout
The road that passes beside rainbow town
The other end of elekahia road to nlng axis

And I'm sure a few more in parts of town I don't visit and NONE of these roads is dilapidated!!
Re: Julius Berger To End Flooding On Aba-Port Harcourt Road by bigval(m): 10:15am On Apr 07, 2016
Lilimax:
Nice decision!.
But I thought I read on this Forum that Julius Berger have wound up their business in Nigeria undecided
I hardly believe most news I read online these days smiley
sorry, it made my eyes sore. Good job wike
Re: Julius Berger To End Flooding On Aba-Port Harcourt Road by iwatchandlisten(m): 11:22am On Apr 07, 2016
Abagworo:

Which Amaechi Road is bad? Why was there less flooding during Amaechi time? The reason is simply because there was functional refuse evacuation system which has collapsed under Wike and we all know why. The head of waste management is a politician rather than an expert as used by Amaechi. To correct this Felix Obua should be given a more befitting appointment while competent hand is employed. Not everything is politics. Have you passed through Ada George Road lately? In a few months time the indiscriminate refuse dumping will block the drainage and scarce resources will be wasted in avoidable issue.

My dear, this Aba road flooding, St. john area and First Bank-Market Junction axis, is an age old challenge. It has long been there, it defeated Amaechi. Was there any year during Amaechi's 8 years as Governor that we didnt have flooding at those sections of Aba road? Now lets see whether Wike will let that challenge defeat him. He has faced up to the problem, we pray he succeeds where others did not succeed, its for our own interest.

The same way Wike is bringing succour to those who ply the Eleme Junction - Onne axis of East-West road through creative out-of-the box thinking, which engendered partnership with major companies operating in that area. I remember Amaechi kept saying it was a federal road, even though Rivers people were 'seeing pepper' on that route. But even though it has remained a federal road, Wike has initiated the process of getting it permanently better. Now Rivers people dont spend long productive man-hours again on that road (doing a 15 - 20 minutes drive for 3 - 5 hours).We thank God for his mercies.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari Congratulates Turkey On Referendum / Photos From Lucky Igbinedion's 60th Birthday Party / Constitutional Amendment: See The Nine Key Areas Senate, House Of Reps Disagree.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.