Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,745 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:54 AM

I Am Too Big To Be Edo Governor - Ex Jonathan's Aide - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Am Too Big To Be Edo Governor - Ex Jonathan's Aide (1157 Views)

Plot To Sack Saraki By Governor & Ex-Governor Turned Minister Thickens- Vanguard / How Edo Governor, Obaseki, Wasted N2billion On Maize Farming - Aroms Aigbehi / 11 Ex-Jonathan's Ministers May Join APC - The Nation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Too Big To Be Edo Governor - Ex Jonathan's Aide by Bengist247(m): 4:34pm On Apr 06, 2016
Chief Mike Oghiadome has disputed claims in some quarters in Edo state that he is eyeing the governorship seat in the state.
Mike Oghiadohme and Goodluck Jonathan during the good old days

Mike Oghiadohme and Goodluck Jonathan during the good old days
Oghiadome, 60, was the deputy governor of Edo state, from 1999 to 2007 and chief of staff to former President Goodluck Jonathan from 2011 to 2014.

During the inauguration of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) convention committees yesterday, April 5, Oghiadomhe said he is too big to contest for the post of governor.

Using football as an analogy, Oghiadome said: ”You don’t play the local league after you have played the international league. I just finished playing international league.”

When probed further about the powerful influence state governors have the amount of resources they control, Oghiadomhe said: ”As chief of staff to the president, I had more influence than a governor and I was a deputy governor for 8 years.”

When queried about the candidate he supports in view of the upcoming governorship primary election for the Edo PDP, Oghiadomhe said: ”I am a party leader, I cannot support anyone. However, whoever emerges from the process will get my support.”

Meanwhile, at the event, the PDP chairman, Alhaji Ali Modu Sheriff, took a swipe at the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) for its constant criticisms of the PDP even after one year in government.

”Instead of the APC addressing the problems of the country, the ruling party has kept blaming the PDP for lack of petrol in the country,” Sheriff said.
http://www.bengist247.com/2016/04/i-am-too-big-to-be-edo-governor-ex.html?m=0

Re: I Am Too Big To Be Edo Governor - Ex Jonathan's Aide by Inspectahdeck(m): 4:56pm On Apr 06, 2016
After stealing monies worth edo state IGR.

Nigerian politicians and their rubbish talk.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Too Big To Be Edo Governor - Ex Jonathan's Aide by 989900: 5:01pm On Apr 06, 2016
African senile-mentality.

International league player with local mindset.

Re: I Am Too Big To Be Edo Governor - Ex Jonathan's Aide by nickxtra(m): 5:20pm On Apr 06, 2016
Nobody will even vote, not even your kins that celebrated your sack as Chief of Staff to the President
Re: I Am Too Big To Be Edo Governor - Ex Jonathan's Aide by hedonistic: 5:24pm On Apr 06, 2016
The source leaves much to be be desired.
Re: I Am Too Big To Be Edo Governor - Ex Jonathan's Aide by OlujobaSamuel: 6:45pm On Apr 06, 2016
local league? like the way England, Brazil, Germany, Spain players are all fighting to play for even a relegation team in their country just to get call up. These our politicians eehn, some of dem no go see sense use when dey need it to save their souls from death.
Re: I Am Too Big To Be Edo Governor - Ex Jonathan's Aide by Bengist247(m): 7:25am On Apr 07, 2016
Too big indeed, when money is involved
Re: I Am Too Big To Be Edo Governor - Ex Jonathan's Aide by oluseyiforjesus(m): 7:39am On Apr 07, 2016
EFCC coming 4 u

(1) (Reply)

Another NLC Faction Demands N90,000 As Minimum Wage / Where Is Joseph Mbu? / PHOTOS: Heavy Security At Governor Ajimobi's Residence As He Shuts Schools

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.