Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,774 members, 7,851,641 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 02:43 AM

BREAKING: Iceland’s Prime Minister Resigns Over #panamapapers Scandal - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING: Iceland’s Prime Minister Resigns Over #panamapapers Scandal (600 Views)

Kano Speaker Resigns Over Emir Sanusi’s Removal Saga - / #panamapapers: Buhari’s Silence Worrisome, Lackadaisical And Repugnant / PanamaPapers Exposes Enrico Monfrini, Nigerian Public Officers May Be Prosecuted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BREAKING: Iceland’s Prime Minister Resigns Over #panamapapers Scandal by Nobody: 5:14pm On Apr 06, 2016
The Prime Minister of Iceland, Sigmundur
Gunnlaugsson, announced his resignation from public
office moments ago, according to the BBC. This marks the first major political fallout from the Panama Papers leak which is considered to be the largest data leak in history.
On Monday the International Consortium of Investigative
Journalists (ICIJ), along with journalists across the world,
exposed how the wealthy and political elite have been
concealing their money in shell companies using the law
firm Mossack Fonseca in Panama.
The revelations coming from this reporting have touched
every quarter of the world implicating prominent leaders
including the son of former UN Secretary General Kofi
Annan, Nigeria’s Senate President Bukola Saraki, and
numerous others.
Mr. Gunnlaugsson is accused of concealing millions of
dollars of his family’s assets. His resignation comes after a major showing of protesters in the Iceland capital
Reykjavik.
According to the BBC, the Agriculture and Fisheries Minister Sigurður Ingi Jóhannsson is believed to be the next Prime Minister. Mr. Jóhannsson announced on state television RUV that Mr. Gunnlaugsson had resigned.

saharareporters.com/2016/04/05/breaking-iceland’s-prime-minister-resigns-over-panamapapers-scandal

Re: BREAKING: Iceland’s Prime Minister Resigns Over #panamapapers Scandal by Nobody: 5:15pm On Apr 06, 2016
Lalasticlala please help me ask saraki when he is also going to resign his position and vacate his seat as Nigeria's Senate President.

#OperationSarakiMustGo
Re: BREAKING: Iceland’s Prime Minister Resigns Over #panamapapers Scandal by ojnnaco(m): 5:18pm On Apr 06, 2016
In Nigeria the reverse is the case. make I hear say Saraki resigned, court don close ? Greedy and selfish set of politicians ..
Re: BREAKING: Iceland’s Prime Minister Resigns Over #panamapapers Scandal by Nobody: 5:26pm On Apr 06, 2016
ojnnaco:
In Nigeria the reverse is the case. make I hear say Saraki resigned, court don close ? Greedy and selfish set of politicians ..
Relax and watch bro. This is saraki's final destination, his journey ends here.
Its either he resign and vacate his seat as Nigeria's Senate President or he resign to Kuje Prison.
Re: BREAKING: Iceland’s Prime Minister Resigns Over #panamapapers Scandal by viyon02: 5:44pm On Apr 06, 2016
Hummmmmm that is the country where normal humans are living; i know his fellow criminal will not resign here in naija

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Iceland’s Prime Minister Resigns Over #panamapapers Scandal by ojnnaco(m): 8:19am On Apr 07, 2016
KINGinVALHALA3:

Relax and watch bro. This is saraki's final destination, his journey ends here.
Its either he resign and vacate his seat as Nigeria's Senate President or he resign to Kuje Prison.
Lolsss. I for see him fetching water in Kuje but let just wait and see

(1) (Reply)

My Observation Of Ojuelegba Underbridge / Olubadan Suspends Onido, Places Eze Ndigbo Under Baales / Nigeria's Dollar Crunch Adds To Fuel Crisis- Financial Times

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.