Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,671 members, 7,809,537 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:59 AM

Do You Support Mercy Killing? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Do You Support Mercy Killing? (721 Views)

Help Save Mercy!!! She Needs A Kidney Transplant / Should 'Mercy Killing Be Approved In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Support Mercy Killing? by kindworld(m): 5:56pm On Apr 06, 2016
Euthanasia is the deliberate advancement of a person's death for the benefit of that person. In most cases euthanasia is carried out because the person asks to die, but there are cases where a person can't make such a request.

A person who undergoes euthanasia is usually terminally ill.Euthanasia can be carried out either by doing something, such as administering a lethal injection, or by not doing something necessary to keep the person alive (for example failing to keep their feeding tube going).

In my opinion it's not moral to kill a person even if they are terminally ill because this person need a chance to live along and see his life, but there are people that disagree.
I have a debate with my college about this topic and I'd like to hear if you agree or disagree with euthanasia.

Thank yousmiley
Re: Do You Support Mercy Killing? by SUPERPACK: 6:05pm On Apr 06, 2016
kindworld:
Euthanasia is the deliberate advancement of a person's death for the benefit of that person. In most cases euthanasia is carried out because the person asks to die, but there are cases where a person can't make such a request.

A person who undergoes euthanasia is usually terminally ill.Euthanasia can be carried out either by doing something, such as administering a lethal injection, or by not doing something necessary to keep the person alive (for example failing to keep their feeding tube going).

In my opinion it's not moral to kill a person even if they are terminally ill because this person need a chance to live along and see his life, but there are people that disagree.
I have a debate with my college about this topic and I'd like to hear if you agree or disagree with euthanasia.

Thank yousmiley
people should be allowed to do it if they have lost hope of survival, and also their religious faith, certain disorders are too painful for. people to live with, have u ever heard of Persistent vegetative state or locked-in syndrome you can google it, will you be happy to live the next 20 years unable to move any other part of the body except the eyes, plus exorbitant financial cost, Have a rethink.
Read the story of Jean pierre Adams below, you will cry for him.
http://www.edition.cnn.com/2016/01/04/football/football-jean-pierre-adams-coma/
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/6843937/The-Forgotten-Footballer-Heartbreaking-story-of-the-France-star-whos-been-in-a-coma-for-33-YEARS.html
Re: Do You Support Mercy Killing? by Nobody: 6:13pm On Apr 06, 2016
Euthanasia argument has been going on for ages among scholars, religions, governments.
People ask for it mostly due to excruciating pain and death seems a relief. Watching someone you love suffer can be terrible.
If a patient begs for it constantly, the loved ones might give in, in such a case who am I to decide if it's right or wrong?
When it's abused I can say it's wrong, but in cases like the aforementioned. Let's leave that for the maker of life. May we and our loved ones never experience such a quagmire.

1 Like

Re: Do You Support Mercy Killing? by kindworld(m): 6:26pm On Apr 06, 2016
SUPERPACK:

people should be allowed to do it if they have lost hope of survival, and also their religious faith, certain disorders are too painful for. people to live with, have u ever heard of Persistent vegetative state or locked-in syndrome you can google it, will you be happy to live the next 20 years unable to move any other part of the body except the eyes, plus exorbitant financial cost, Have a rethink.
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/6843937/The-Forgotten-Footballer-Heartbreaking-story-of-the-France-star-whos-been-in-a-coma-for-33-YEARS.html

I can see your point.
Re: Do You Support Mercy Killing? by alfredb(f): 6:26pm On Apr 06, 2016
Amen o
Re: Do You Support Mercy Killing? by kindworld(m): 6:34pm On Apr 06, 2016
SUPERPACK:

But is it not tantamount to murder?
Again, I think life is sacred.
My opinions were Informed by my faith anyways
Re: Do You Support Mercy Killing? by SUPERPACK: 7:00pm On Apr 06, 2016
kindworld:

But is it not tantamount to murder?
Again, I think life is sacred.
My opinions were Informed by my faith anyways
i share ur faith, and i mentioned it previously, it must be carried out after agreement by both parties, meaning religion and sciences must agree to disagree. killing someone is nt murder,
according to the dictionary.
Murder: the unlawful premeditated killing of one human being by another.
Murder is determined by law nt by just killing somebody, Remember the police, soldiers and prison warders kill people and it is backed by the law.
Before mercy killing can be carried out it must be enshrined in the constitution of the country, and once that is done, it becomes lawful and is no more qualified to be called murder.
Re: Do You Support Mercy Killing? by Varagous(f): 7:20pm On Apr 06, 2016
Am of the school of thought that miracles are real and still happen... why give up when you can pray! when the doctors says its impossible that's when you should believe in God

1 Like

Re: Do You Support Mercy Killing? by kindworld(m): 9:05pm On Apr 06, 2016
SUPERPACK:
i share ur faith, and i mentioned it previously, it must be carried out after agreement by both parties, meaning religion and sciences must agree to disagree. killing someone is nt murder,
according to the dictionary.
Murder: the unlawful premeditated killing of one human being by another.
Murder is determined by law nt by just killing somebody, Remember the police, soldiers and prison warders kill people and it is backed by the law.
Before mercy killing can be carried out it must be enshrined in the constitution of the country, and once that is done, it becomes lawful and is no more qualified to be called murder.

I see your point sha.

(1) (Reply)

HIV/AIDS Breakthrough_functional Cure Found / 8 Things Every Person Should Do Before 8 A.M. / Pile, Anal Fissures, Hemorrhoids (protrude Anus) & Anus Lump

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.