Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,831 members, 7,837,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 01:11 PM

Nigeria: A Nation Begging For Salvation (part 1) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria: A Nation Begging For Salvation (part 1) (431 Views)

Unpaid Salaries: Bayelsa Workers Turn To Begging For Survival - Punch / Nigeria: A Nation Begging For Salvation (part 1) By: Ayo Ayedun / IPOB : Kanu Not Begging For Freedom. Thisday. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria: A Nation Begging For Salvation (part 1) by sakalisis(m): 6:12pm On Apr 06, 2016
NIGERIA: A NATION BEGGING FOR SALVATION (PART 1)
For a very long time now, I have been watching the unfolding in our dear nation, thus my pen has been empty of ink and so, a certain docility and restraint have engulfed my writing space politically. While everyone was criticizing the government of the day early, I withheld my anathema for the ruling party's culture of ceremonial crookedness, hoping that the father of the nation would move mountains due to his quantum of experience and eagerness to make things happen. Now, Nigeria as a nation is on her knees deeply begging to be salvaged from this undreamt-of hardship. Even though they rode to power based on their enormous deceptions and vicarious propaganda, all thanks to Lai Mohammed.

AGATU MASSACRE AND RIVERS ELECTIONS
These mindless herdsmen have been stronger in this nation ever than before. One wonders if the position of the president amidst them (being their life patron) is what gives them the raging gut and vehement effrontery they now possess. They’ve been more ruthless, cruel and intolerable in their activities. Several lives were claimed in Agatu land of Benue State all because the people of the community resisted their heinous acts and pillaging. Rivers State rerun elections only showed the battle of recklessness between Governor Nyesome Wike and Transport Minister, Rotimi Amaechi. When two elephants fight, the grasses suffer. While the duo were slugging it out to determine who is stronger politically in the state, several lives were lost. One could not have not imagined the display of shame of the gubernatorial candidate, Peterside Dakuku as well. What a pitiful situation!

THE LINGERING FUEL CRISIS AND DETERIORATING POWER SUPPLY
I was to buy few liters of petrol yesterday, I could not believe my eyes when I saw people struggling to get fuel for #200 per liter, not knowing before dusk today, it would have skyrocketed to #300 per liter. As if that was not enough, people were buying petrol in polythene bags, buckets, motorcyclists were even removing their fuel tanks to queue. Nigerians are risking their lives to get fuel at NNPC mega stations, not minding any hazard that could erupt, not minding the harshness of the sun on the long queues. In spite of all this inundating hardship, the president seems not to be bordered and prefers to kowtow to nations which are ready to inflict any form of subservience on us. The hypocrisy and cynicism of the APC stalwart, Senator Bola Tinubu last week with regards to the petroleum junior minister, Ibe Kachikwu was just a smokescreen. He could have directed it to his senior minister, President Muhammadu Buhari. Then, we would have known he meant business. They said the refineries were working at the start of this administration and were ready to churn out jobs to the teeming youths, all to prove that the “new sheriff in town” came with a stern “body language” to make things work, where are the refineries now? Where is the improved power supply now? I was infuriated last week when the unskillful spokesman for presidency, Femi Adesina was saying Nigerians should go and protect the gas pipelines from vandals if they needed power in their homes. What a level of irresponsibility and highhandedness! As of Tuesday evening, Shiroro Power Station (600MW) of Niger State and Sapele II (225MW) of Delta State were shut down.

WHEN WE COMPLAIN
They are always ready to defend themselves against any form of criticism because it is inimical to their system. Those that have tried to rear their heads ended up being bullied, maligned and subjugated. When sincere questions arise from within the populace, they tell us they can't clear the mess of 16 years of PDP misrule in a short while. The few goods that happened in the past years have been jeopardized and truncated, such as the electoral process, the agricultural reforms etc. If the Independent National Elcectoral Commission, INEC today could not conduct elections in Bayelsa State of 8 local government areas, how can the commission conduct elections in 774 local government areas of the federation by 2019? One can now see why people like Femi Fani-Kayode and Governor Ayo Fayose cannot stop speaking. The crass ineptitude of this administration and exasperating rascality of the APC government is becoming unbearable. Only ignoramuses can continue to believe these agents of charlatanism. Hence, let the president continue with his unending junketing and incessant globetrotting while the mess at home thickens and becomes more odoriferous. He must be reminded that 4 years or 8 years are quantifiable and transient, time waits not for him nor his cohorts. For me, I shall not waver when moment for truth beckons. As I drop my pen, I await them to seek for my identity and then waylay me all to eliminate my gut as they have done to Nnamdi Kanu, Oliseh Metuh, Ayo Fayose and the likes. I humbly submit.

AYO AYEDUN
​​​​​​​
Re: Nigeria: A Nation Begging For Salvation (part 1) by Nobody: 6:17pm On Apr 06, 2016
I'll be waiting for part 1000grin
Re: Nigeria: A Nation Begging For Salvation (part 1) by slimfit2(m): 9:56am On Apr 07, 2016
Wait.. I know the country you are describing.. Let me check my dictionary - it's Nigeria Joh!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Please Guys, Help Me Out!!! (photo) / Financing Our Future By Kemi Adeosun / President Buhari Is Not The Man To Bring The Change; A Prophesy? (episode 2)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.