Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,096 members, 7,828,832 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:47 PM

Airtel A Scam In Network.. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Airtel A Scam In Network.. (1745 Views)

Jumia Is A Scam..... (PICS) / Airtel's N200 For 20GB Data: Another Scam In The Making? / The New Data Plan Scam In Town (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Airtel A Scam In Network.. by kennykendo(m): 7:28pm On Apr 06, 2016
In a country were everything is imported, thereby making the cost of living high and the standard of living low, Airtel; an imported network is in the league if exploiting every single subscriber on its network when it gets the chance. I have been silently watching and following threads where people complaining of the inhumane exploitative activities the dubious network carries out on them.I was only thinking that there were complaining without understanding if their lines had subscriptions they weren't aware of. My assumptions were and are still wrong, because I have fallen victim to their claws.

1. Fraudulent Deductions: Airtel network claims to give you 200% of your recharge if you recharge N200 and above on their network (Talk true tariff to be precised I don't know about other tariffs). 5days ago I recharged my line with N500 on my line I was given a bonus of N1000 I called a friend but she didn't pick so I slept off because I was just coming back from work and I was so tired. The next morning I switched on my phone (forgot to mention I switched it off that night before sleeping), to make a call but the number was off so I texted a one page message "call me when you switch on" .I was charged N4 from my main account but my bonus account was now reading N950 shocked Ah I checked myself and I don't remember spending my airtime let alone the bonus and I was robbed of my hard earned bonus..this continued till I exhausted everything on that line. Again sometime in the month of January, Airtel kept deducting N20 daily from me for a text they usually send as"Thank you for using _R_D service you have been charged N20.I didn't know what it was for but I went online found a deactivation code, I applied it and bam! It stopped 3weeks later it started again, I called CC, they gave me the same code..I tried it ..but they continued. I had to break the sim as it wasn't my main line.

2. Unusable Bonuses: has any Airtel subscriber ever dialled *223# to see Airtel Calls:N200 but you still can't use it? Yes I have..I even called customer care 2x and they both answered "Sorry sir there is nothing we can do about it". I called the 3rd person which leads to the next point.Sometimes other bonuses are given but they end up being unusable or your main account is being charged from. tongue

3. Rude Customer Care Service:: 'For quality assurance purposes, this call may be recorded' this is what you hear after getting the voice prompt that you are being transferred to a call centre agent. I know that all the calls answered by CCAs may not be scrutinized even after recording.. I remember a case where I was complaining about unwholesome data charge that nearly made me mad..the customer care agent was trying to lecture me on Google play services and the way it sucked data..I wonder how that was possible considering the fact that I was using a factory reset tab that had no Google account on it just that I use the tab go browse the Internet: Nairaland, my mails, Facebook,LinkedIn etc all from browsers no apps installed for such purposes, before I could talk to them, the dude hung up on me. sad angry.I called back another person picked the next 3,minutes of conversation was solely from the agent, before I could say anything he hung up. Airtel needs to brush up itself in this.

4. Dubious Data charge: I so hate Airtel for this..I bought a new android phone for my mum as a birthday gift, with an Airtel line as well as 3Gb N1500 plan..which was meant to last for a month..2weeks into the usage she called me and complained about the thing not browsing she said she had given it to my brother who tried the line in his own phone and laptop but still nothing. I called my bro he told me he accessed data balance and it was said it was exhausted. angry angryI was shocked.. I had to travel home to verify, I got hold of the phone checked data usage to my surprise my mum who is in her late 50s wey no sabi download anything except Facebook, Whatsapp and to use the Google search engine to check out Nollywood celebs and their updates,
with no Google Account on the phone had only used 980mb angry what about the balance? I called CC but they argued and hung up on me..I went to their office in my area I showed them the data usage monitor and all they could say was they are sorry.it was one of them who told me in private that that plan double charges and I felt bad for my mum who didn't enjoy her gift. I had to do the normal 1.0 plan for her which never lasted for one full month.

I have equally discovered fraud in their time based plan..if you do the 1hr plan for N200, you will enjoy hitch free unlimited downloads, but try the 30 mins plan..as it gets to 15mins automatically your download stops. This has happened to me 4x on occasions where i just needed to download a few things that wouldn't be more than 120mb..as well others have discovered this and are complaining.

My verdict: Airtel is crappy all round even the so called fast internet is a mirage, because the KB/K plan is fluctuating and is never stable making it easy for them to steal legally from a subscriber. People are dropping Airtel sims, dumping the network is the latest.. A group of Twitter users dedicate their time hating Airtel on Twitter. They better handle things now if not..they will have a taste of their own medicine.. They should learn from MTN's scandal..
NCC is blindfolded when it comes to their jobs..they only pull public stunts when the public is furious with them..they are nothing but a ceremonial functionary existing in El Dorado.
Airtel The Smartphone ScamHold Network

P.S I know many Airtel CCRs are N'landers if it's possible to pass this message up to the fight tables, you guys should..do the needful

I drop my pen.
Re: Airtel A Scam In Network.. by Nobody: 9:56pm On Apr 06, 2016
Useless network... Worst
Re: Airtel A Scam In Network.. by Nobody: 10:17pm On Apr 06, 2016
I mistakenly borrowed my bro AIRTEL sim subscribe for their night plan, as i sub and got confirmation.

I no fit open one web page, talk more of download na I just go sleep...

Day time thief...
Re: Airtel A Scam In Network.. by Youngpo413: 12:44am On Apr 07, 2016
Still the best
Re: Airtel A Scam In Network.. by Youngpo413: 12:48am On Apr 07, 2016
kennykendo:
In a country were everything is imported, thereby making the cost of living high and the standard of living low, Airtel; an imported network is in the league if exploiting every single subscriber on its network when it gets the chance. I have been silently watching and following threads where people complaining of the inhumane exploitative activities the dubious network carries out on them.I was only thinking that there were complaining without understanding if their lines had subscriptions they weren't aware of. My assumptions were and are still wrong, because I have fallen victim to their claws.

1. Fraudulent Deductions: Airtel network claims to give you 200% of your recharge if you recharge N200 and above on their network (Talk true tariff to be precised I don't know about other tariffs). 5days ago I recharged my line with N500 on my line I was given a bonus of N1000 I called a friend but she didn't pick so I slept off because I was just coming back from work and I was so tired. The next morning I switched on my phone (forgot to mention I switched it off that night before sleeping), to make a call but the number was off so I texted a one page message "call me when you switch on" .I was charged N4 from my main account but my bonus account was now reading N950 shocked Ah I checked myself and I don't remember spending my airtime let alone the bonus and I was robbed of my hard earned bonus..this continued till I exhausted everything on that line. Again sometime in the month of January, Airtel kept deducting N20 daily from me for a text they usually send as"Thank you for using _R_D service you have been charged N20.I didn't know what it was for but I went online found a deactivation code, I applied it and bam! It stopped 3weeks later it started again, I called CC, they gave me the same code..I tried it ..but they continued. I had to break the sim as it wasn't my main line.

2. Unusable Bonuses: has any Airtel subscriber ever dialled *223# to see Airtel Calls:N200 but you still can't use it? Yes I have..I even called customer care 2x and they both answered "Sorry sir there is nothing we can do about it". I called the 3rd person which leads to the next point.Sometimes other bonuses are given but they end up being unusable or your main account is being charged from. tongue

3. Rude Customer Care Service:: 'For quality assurance purposes, this call may be recorded' this is what you hear after getting the voice prompt that you are being transferred to a call centre agent. I know that all the calls answered by CCAs may not be scrutinized even after recording.. I remember a case where I was complaining about unwholesome data charge that nearly made me mad..the customer care agent was trying to lecture me on Google play services and the way it sucked data..I wonder how that was possible considering the fact that I was using a factory reset tab that had no Google account on it just that I use the tab go browse the Internet: Nairaland, my mails, Facebook,LinkedIn etc all from browsers no apps installed for such purposes, before I could talk to them, the dude hung up on me. sad angry.I called back another person picked the next 3,minutes of conversation was solely from the agent, before I could say anything he hung up. Airtel needs to brush up itself in this.

4. Dubious Data charge: I so hate Airtel for this..I bought a new android phone for my mum as a birthday gift, with an Airtel line as well as 3Gb N1500 plan..which was meant to last for a month..2weeks into the usage she called me and complained about the thing not browsing she said she had given it to my brother who tried the line in his own phone and laptop but still nothing. I called my bro he told me he accessed data balance and it was said it was exhausted. angry angryI was shocked.. I had to travel home to verify, I got hold of the phone checked data usage to my surprise my mum who is in her late 50s wey no sabi download anything except Facebook, Whatsapp and to use the Google search engine to check out Nollywood celebs and their updates,
with no Google Account on the phone had only used 980mb angry what about the balance? I called CC but they argued and hung up on me..I went to their office in my area I showed them the data usage monitor and all they could say was they are sorry.it was one of them who told me in private that that plan double charges and I felt bad for my mum who didn't enjoy her gift. I had to do the normal 1.0 plan for her which never lasted for one full month.

I have equally discovered fraud in their time based plan..if you do the 1hr plan for N200, you will enjoy hitch free unlimited downloads, but try the 30 mins plan..as it gets to 15mins automatically your download stops. This has happened to me 4x on occasions where i just needed to download a few things that wouldn't be more than 120mb..as well others have discovered this and are complaining.

My verdict: Airtel is crappy all round even the so called fast internet is a mirage, because the KB/K plan is fluctuating and is never stable making it easy for them to steal legally from a subscriber. People are dropping Airtel sims, dumping the network is the latest.. A group of Twitter users dedicate their time hating Airtel on Twitter. They better handle things now if not..they will have a taste of their own medicine.. They should learn from MTN's scandal..
NCC is blindfolded when it comes to their jobs..they only pull public stunts when the public is furious with them..they are nothing but a ceremonial functionary existing in El Dorado.
Airtel The Smartphone ScamHold Network
you are very correct, pls I need the code for the N200 bonus on ever recharge.
Re: Airtel A Scam In Network.. by Nobody: 3:52am On Apr 07, 2016
Lalasticlala I know Airtel and the other networks advertise on Naira land and so it would be bad business to promote negative reviews about them but please put this thread in front page. I can personally identify with over 90% of issues the Op has raised and he is very correct. Airtel is just a scam network and they have started infecting other networks with their virus. Seun please do the needful. The interest of Nigeria and Nigerians is bigger than one network.
Re: Airtel A Scam In Network.. by Edd1e(m): 4:25am On Apr 07, 2016
very useless network. subscribed for the 1hr midnight plan only to get *limited network* on ma modem... 1.00kb of data, I no gree use...

(1) (Reply)

Whatsapp To Stop Working On Blackberry From 31st December 2016. / Get 7.5gb Free Data. / Mobile Battle 2017 ( The Best Of Mobile Phones 2017)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.