Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:54 AM

Have I Been Scammed? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Have I Been Scammed? (612 Views)

Evans The Kidnapper: "What Have I Done? They Have Been Beating Me, No Good Food" / Have You Been Scammed /duped?? Share Your Experience To Save Others. / Have You Ever Been Scammed Before??? Share Your Experience. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have I Been Scammed? by dakerabbi: 8:54pm On Apr 06, 2016
I use a BlackBerry Q10 for my browsing and glo network for my subscription. Sometime last year, I saw an advert here on nairaland on cheap data rates. I took the guy's number and called. He confirmed the rates are correct as advertised. #1500 for 4gig etc. I didn't bother patronising him since glo is far cheaper. 1k for 3g. Later in Feb, this year I lost my glo sim. I started using mtn for browsing and buying data #1300 for 1gig. In 2wks d data wil b gone. It was becoming too much. Yesterday I remembered this guy I saw his advert here and called him. He sounds so real. To make me believe he was serious,he said he'd send d data while I send d money then he'd give me d pin to activate it. So he sent me a text that is titled "DateShare" and d body sounding like MTN. But it just looked like a bulk sms. Anyway I sent him d card #1500 mtn. Then I asked for my pin to activate it. He said I shd dial *460*my number*a pin of another #500 mtn card#. I did that nd I got a message saying system error. I have been calling ds guy and he keeps answering my calls. Telling me switch off phone do ds or that. I am tired of calling him. I kept trying d same system error keeps popping up. He said d message shd be "successful" then d pin. My airtime has finished since yesterday. Have I been scammed or is there really an error? Pls someone help. What should I do?
Re: Have I Been Scammed? by dakerabbi: 8:56pm On Apr 06, 2016
The advert looks like this. It is not this one ooo

Re: Have I Been Scammed? by Obichi98(m): 9:54pm On Apr 06, 2016
May i confirmed to you that there are many scammers using nairaland as their market ground.
The moment they pay for advert with evil intention and got their target,they zoom off and soon return with another user name.
In a nutshell nairaland is a free zone for all kinds of scammers
personal has had my share,can't even remember all...greennaira.com,even recently kingsley dave came here to cut his own cake
One need extral care in this forum cause of too many hawks .
Re: Have I Been Scammed? by SEETHEM: 9:12am On Apr 07, 2016
The same thing happened last week to someone i know. Please nairalanders dont be gullible. We have scammers all around. I will advice you not to bother to call that number again. It will amount to waste of your air time and energy.

My humble suggestion is that moderators should be able to check most of these scammers by censoring all adverts posted on nairaland forum.
Re: Have I Been Scammed? by dakerabbi: 12:05am On Apr 09, 2016
Thanks y'all for your response. I just had to summon courage to subscribe again.

(1) (Reply)

Soldier Allegedly Shoots Dead A Woman On Her Way To Her Daughter’s Wedding / Police Officers And Soldiers Exchange Fire Over Rice Distribution In Maiduguri / OPC To Militants, Fulani Herdsmen: Enough Is Enough

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.