Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,902 members, 7,814,058 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:26 AM

Orubibi Clears The Air On Gaseous Emission From Generators And Borehole Taxes - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Orubibi Clears The Air On Gaseous Emission From Generators And Borehole Taxes (478 Views)

Giraffe Headbutts And Sent A Film-maker Flying 16ft Through The Air ,killing Him / Is This Possible? Picture Of A Girl Hanging In The Air / Nigerian Army “clears The Air” On Video Of Soldiers Lamenting Lack Of Food (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Orubibi Clears The Air On Gaseous Emission From Generators And Borehole Taxes by gbudujames(m): 11:06pm On Apr 06, 2016
The Chairman, BIRS Mrs. Mimi Orubibi clears the air on gaseous emission from generators and borehole taxes. Read her press statement below: THE LAW WAS MADE FOR MAN: EVERY LAW MUST HAVE A HUMAN FACE Upon assumption of office, as the Executive Chairman of Benue Internal Revenue Service (BIRS), I did a thorough study of the Benue Revenue Administration law as amended 2015 as well as other relevant revenue laws. I noticed with dismay, that some provisions of the law were not quite people friendly. I first of all considered it from my own point of view as a tax payer and pondered on the rationale behind the payment of some tax items. For instance, the tax on Boreholes and gaseous emission from generators were some of the tax items I have personally questioned. However, being aware of my incapability to amend laws, I have been making consultations and liaising with relevant authorities towards the amendment of the law. As for the tax on borehole which is under Water Board, I have been discussing with the Honourable Commissioner for Water Resources and we have agreed to sponsor the bill for its repeal. It is a truism, that some of the rates in the law are too high, others too small and the ones on Borehole and Gaseous emission on generators NOT people friendly, as decried by taxpayers recently. Though, aware of the inhuman face of the aforementioned tax items, I had to pass through the process of verifiability through testing before taking any step. This testing has indeed yielded a result – outright rejection by the public. Worthy of mention is the fact that prior to the passage of this law; inputs were made by various Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs) as well as consultation with relevant stakeholders via public hearing. These MDAs presented the revenue items they were collecting on and the House of Assembly captured all in the law. I hereby call on all taxpayers to cooperate with the BIRS as she moves to amend the state Revenue Law by coming out in mass to align their voices with that of the service when called upon for public hearing. Mrs. Mimi Adzape-Orubibi, FCTI EXECUTIVE CHAIRMAN

- See more at: http://www.benueforum.com/2016/04/mrs-mimi-orubibi-clears-air-on-gaseous_6.html#sthash.aGbwGByR.dpuf

(1) (Reply)

Help Am Dyin / True Life Stories - The Originals…part 1 / Woman Caught Doing Something Horrible To Corpse In Funeral Home -VIDEO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.