Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,991 members, 7,817,919 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:00 PM

Court Orders FG To Allow Dasuki Access To His Lawyers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Orders FG To Allow Dasuki Access To His Lawyers (8027 Views)

ECOWAS Court Orders FG To Pay N88bn Civil War Damages / Obanikoro Arrives EFCC Office With His Lawyers / ECOWAS Court Orders FG To Pay N15m For ‘Unlawfully’ Arresting Dasuki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Court Orders FG To Allow Dasuki Access To His Lawyers by masterblogger(m): 2:49am On Apr 07, 2016
An Abuja High Court has ordered the federal government to allow former National Security Adviser (NSA), Col. Sambo Dasuki (rtd), access to his lawyer during working hours to enable him defend himself in the charged brought against him by government.

Justice Hussein Baba-Yusuf gave the order following the application by Dasuki’s lead counsel, Mr. Joesph Daudu (SAN), that they had no access to him.

Daudu had told the court that because they had no access to him, they could not get enough information for his defence.

Dasuki, Shuaibu Salisu, former Director of Finance, Office of the National Security Adviser, and Aminu Baba-Kusa, former NNPC Executive Director, were arraigned for the diversion of N13.6 billion meant for purchase arms.
The others were Acacia Holding Limited and Reliance Referral Hospital Limited.

At the resumed hearing yesterday, Mr. Adebisi Adeniyi, who held the brief for Mr. Rotimi Jacobs (SAN), informed the court that they were ready with their witnesses.

Dasuki’s counsel, Daudu, objected and applied for long adjournment because the defence had no access to Dasuki and had an application before the Court of Appeal.

He said the application before the appellate court was for stay of proceedings.

But Adeniyi opposed the application for longer adjournment and prayed the court not to grant Daudu’s application.
Adeniyi reminded the court that the Department of State Services (DSS) said it had never received any request for access from anybody.

The prosecuting counsel said there was no concrete evidence before the court on why such application should be granted.

After listening to the counsel, Baba-Yusuf ordered that Dauski should be made available to his lawyers to enable them get information from him that would aid them in his defence.
The court adjourned the case till May 3, 2016 for continuation.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2016/04/07/court-orders-fg-to-allow-dasuki-access-to-his-lawyers/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=facebook

Re: Court Orders FG To Allow Dasuki Access To His Lawyers by odiereke(m): 3:04am On Apr 07, 2016
I will talk to d Federal government to allow him access to his lawyers, but d case is really dragging to long. Let his to be concluded so as to move to this Episode 2: Panama Book Episode.

3 Likes

Re: Court Orders FG To Allow Dasuki Access To His Lawyers by Xclusivegrin007(m): 3:07am On Apr 07, 2016
Panama
Re: Court Orders FG To Allow Dasuki Access To His Lawyers by westlius(m): 3:22am On Apr 07, 2016
Make d court no worry dere self na supreme court wey dey 4 duara way dss dey obey now

6 Likes

Re: Court Orders FG To Allow Dasuki Access To His Lawyers by westlius(m): 3:23am On Apr 07, 2016
Make d court no worry dere self na supreme court judge wey dey 4 duara way dss dey obey now

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Orders FG To Allow Dasuki Access To His Lawyers by babdap: 3:46am On Apr 07, 2016
No peace for the wicked.

1 Like

Re: Court Orders FG To Allow Dasuki Access To His Lawyers by edo3(m): 5:28am On Apr 07, 2016
Dansiki still dey cell? I thought he was flown abroad on health ground..
Re: Court Orders FG To Allow Dasuki Access To His Lawyers by KissCODE(m): 5:31am On Apr 07, 2016
Why would you deny someone access to his lawyers... I onder how you wanthim to flow with the case.

Maybe buhari wants his lawyers to get frustrated and leave him prison. So that APC will use their propaganda machine to tell the world.. DASUKI‘S LAWYERS ABANDONS HIM TO HIS FATE...

Will this governemnt even obey a court order...

Dasuki enjoy your fellow northern brother...

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Court Orders FG To Allow Dasuki Access To His Lawyers by TPAND(f): 5:40am On Apr 07, 2016
Buhari should stop bastardizing our judicial system. Everything should not be in his Favour. Allow Dansuki see his lawyers, it's a right every criminal gets, and Dansuki is no exception.

Amnesty international should better caution our president. The bad blood against Dansuki and Kanu is unjust.

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Court Orders FG To Allow Dasuki Access To His Lawyers by chriskosherbal(m): 5:49am On Apr 07, 2016
Dasuki
Re: Court Orders FG To Allow Dasuki Access To His Lawyers by ERODEDEAST(f): 7:30am On Apr 07, 2016
The DULLARD should continue to exhibit his Ignorance.

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Court Orders FG To Allow Dasuki Access To His Lawyers by tamonokare: 8:09am On Apr 07, 2016
Buhari has convicted this man already.

14 Likes

Re: Court Orders FG To Allow Dasuki Access To His Lawyers by Nobody: 8:55am On Apr 07, 2016
Though am totally against Dasuki's yam eating spree but one fact remains undeniable in democracy and that is the fundamental right of every citizen to fair hearing in a competent court. This privilege we must grant him too!

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Court Orders FG To Allow Dasuki Access To His Lawyers by Nobody: 8:55am On Apr 07, 2016
So he can't even speak with his lawyer... Lols

2 Likes

Re: Court Orders FG To Allow Dasuki Access To His Lawyers by codemaster2much: 8:56am On Apr 07, 2016
And may or it If in fell I make good in is it when I dey?
Re: Court Orders FG To Allow Dasuki Access To His Lawyers by tolexy007(m): 8:56am On Apr 07, 2016
grin Only if buhari go gree.....
Re: Court Orders FG To Allow Dasuki Access To His Lawyers by wolesmile(m): 8:57am On Apr 07, 2016
Abeg, who read the news?
Re: Court Orders FG To Allow Dasuki Access To His Lawyers by Integrityfarms(m): 8:57am On Apr 07, 2016
How can you beat a child and prevent him from crying Where is democracy??

How on earth will the FG deny Dasuki from seeing his lawyers even when his detained

What sort of Government are we practicing PMB is destroying our Democratic structure and institution?

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Court Orders FG To Allow Dasuki Access To His Lawyers by Dindondin(m): 8:57am On Apr 07, 2016
oo
Re: Court Orders FG To Allow Dasuki Access To His Lawyers by Nobody: 8:57am On Apr 07, 2016
This APC FG still won't obey the court Order.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Orders FG To Allow Dasuki Access To His Lawyers by Welder(m): 8:58am On Apr 07, 2016
TPAND:
Buhari should stop bastardizing our judicial system. Everything should not be in his Favour. Allow Dansuki see his lawyers, it's a right every criminal gets, and Dansuki is no exception.
Amnesty international should better caution our president. The bad blood against Dansuki and Kanu is unjust.

On Point
Integrityfarms:
How can you beat a child and prevent him from crying Where is democracy??
How on earth will the FG deny Dasuki from seeing his lawyers even when his detained
What sort of Government are we practicing PMB is destroying our Democratic structure and institution?

So on point. I couldn't have said it any better.

Its shocking the present government claims to be fighting corruption yet condones corruption with the flagrant disregard for rule of law and the entire judiciary.

#GodHelpNigeria

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Orders FG To Allow Dasuki Access To His Lawyers by eazydon(m): 8:58am On Apr 07, 2016
Jungle
Re: Court Orders FG To Allow Dasuki Access To His Lawyers by 5starmilitant: 9:01am On Apr 07, 2016
Enangson:
This APC FG still won't obey the court Order.

Buhari dey hear people word?

4 Likes

Re: Court Orders FG To Allow Dasuki Access To His Lawyers by Abrahamtaylour: 9:01am On Apr 07, 2016
Dasuki is really a strong man to have survived until now without a heart attack
Re: Court Orders FG To Allow Dasuki Access To His Lawyers by macaranta(m): 9:02am On Apr 07, 2016
Denying someone access to his lawyers..maybe I woke up in the wrong country.

1 Like

Re: Court Orders FG To Allow Dasuki Access To His Lawyers by slimfit1(m): 9:02am On Apr 07, 2016
He can take his time he is in prison so I'm fine when he is ready for proper prosecution make then tell us.
Re: Court Orders FG To Allow Dasuki Access To His Lawyers by hotdi(m): 9:03am On Apr 07, 2016
Recycled news
Re: Court Orders FG To Allow Dasuki Access To His Lawyers by MrCounselor: 9:03am On Apr 07, 2016
Hope he's not in an executive cell sha o.

But let him see his lawyer. I can't see him winning that easily.
Re: Court Orders FG To Allow Dasuki Access To His Lawyers by harmless011: 9:03am On Apr 07, 2016
Please don't laugh at me oh!
See how I have been surviving fuel scarcity and lack of electricity:
1. I will go to my bank early enough
2. I will greet everyone with smiles plastered on my face,
3. I will plug my phone to charge, my power bank, and rechargeable lamp
4. I will drink water from dispenser,
5. I will sit for sometime to enjoy AC, while watching Buhari blab on CNN.
6. Then i will withdraw N1000
7. I will thank the bank staff and return home.
8. The next day i will go and join queue to pay back the N1000 into my account and repeat 3, 4, & 5.
Is not my fault, is CHANGE oh!

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Orders FG To Allow Dasuki Access To His Lawyers by ozoemenaca: 9:03am On Apr 07, 2016
APC has no blue print on governance, what you are watching is nollywood titled "Chain mistaken for Change" Part 1 Please watch out for part 2 after Dasuki episode. Produced by National Working Committee of APC, Marketed By Lie Mohammed and Distributed by State Chapters of APC. Funny Country this is just the beginning.

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kwara Holds Open Bid For Renovation Of 31 Public Schools / Ifeanyi Okowa Felicitates With Atiku On His 76th Birthday / Niger State Government Sues Over Naira Redesign Policy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.