Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,210 members, 7,818,707 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:27 PM

Sometimes In April: Rwanda Remembers The Genocide 22 Years After(pics) - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Sometimes In April: Rwanda Remembers The Genocide 22 Years After(pics) (1311 Views)

100 Days Of Hell, Remembering The Rwanda Genocide In Harrowing Photos. / Nude Photos Of Diane Shima Rwigara, Rwanda's Presidential Candidate / Before & After Pics Of Aleppo Reveal What War Did To Syria’s Largest City (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sometimes In April: Rwanda Remembers The Genocide 22 Years After(pics) by intrepid: 4:38am On Apr 07, 2016
Many people who will read this article have heard about the movie with that title. Many may have not only heard about it but watched it too.

I still recall the deep indescribable emotions that overwhelmed me the first time I saw the movie. I had earlier seen “Hotel Rwanda” before it and later, I also saw “Shooting Dogs”. They taught me a lot about life and people. They taught me about what hatred could cause and the capacity of the human heart to perpetrate evil. I knew then man could commit any conceivable evil, no matter how atrocious. It can be considered and can equally be executed.

The Rwandan genocide is one of the heaviest moments in human history.Never will such
evil be allowed to happen again. The commemoration began on the 6th of April.They call the memorial KWIBUKA.

What is KWIBUKA?Find out.

SOURCE

http://whateverlovely..com/2016/04/sometimes-in-aprilrwanda-remembers.html
Re: Sometimes In April: Rwanda Remembers The Genocide 22 Years After(pics) by Burger01(m): 5:08am On Apr 07, 2016
You need to go to Rwanda and see how life is there today... very lovely, peaceful and all day electricity...and these are in spite of the genocide.

After I watched the movies 'Hotel Rwanda' and 'Sometimes in April', I had a different view of life and people.

God bless that country smiley
Re: Sometimes In April: Rwanda Remembers The Genocide 22 Years After(pics) by Sixaxis: 5:40am On Apr 07, 2016
Dats so tru..life about the 'tutsis' and the 'hutus'. The Europeans manipulated the Tutsi elites into the oppression of the Hutus...den helped d Hutus usurp power from the Tutsi and conveniently left the scene..

Very tragic where over 1m lives wer lost
Re: Sometimes In April: Rwanda Remembers The Genocide 22 Years After(pics) by whirlwind7(m): 5:44am On Apr 07, 2016
Sixaxis:
Dats so tru..life about the 'tutsis' and the 'hutus'. The Europeans manipulated the Tutsi elites into the oppression of the Hutus...den helped d Hutus usurp power from the Tutsi and conveniently left the scene..
Very tragic where over 1m lives wer lost

Burger01:
You need to go to Rwanda and see how life is there today... very lovely, peaceful and all day electricity...and these are in spite of the genocide.
After I watched the movies 'Hotel Rwanda' and 'Sometimes in April', I had a different view of life and people.
God bless that country smiley

Compare what happened in Rwanda to that of Nigeria. After the civil war/ethnic cleansing and millions of deaths later, Nigeria is no better than it was 50 years ago.
Does anyone need a soothsayer to see that this country is not, and might never be united? The mass slaughter of southerners was a prelude to the civil war is still going on, with the tacit support of the presidency and the military.
Re: Sometimes In April: Rwanda Remembers The Genocide 22 Years After(pics) by bonechamberlain(m): 6:09am On Apr 07, 2016
when you look at Rwanda, u then know Nigeria as a country is hopeless. the majority where brutal, dealing with the minority, until things turned around and now the minority is in control of the country in Rwanda led by Paul kagame. it has happened and still happening in Nigeria, where a majority tribe feels they own the country, someday things would never be the same.
Re: Sometimes In April: Rwanda Remembers The Genocide 22 Years After(pics) by Missy89(f): 6:36am On Apr 07, 2016
bonechamberlain:
when you look at Rwanda, u then know Nigeria as a country is hopeless. the majority where brutal, dealing with the minority, until things turned around and now the minority is in control of the country in Rwanda led by Paul kagame. it has happened and still happening in Nigeria, where a majority tribe feels they own the country, someday things would never be the same.

You obviously dont understand anything about Rwanda. The minority(Tutsi monarchy) was actually the one that ruled with impunity When Germany was in charge of that country because the Germans think they are racially superior to the Hutus (Majority) That was the bone of contention when The Hutus came to power later.
Re: Sometimes In April: Rwanda Remembers The Genocide 22 Years After(pics) by intrepid: 7:31am On Apr 07, 2016
Exactly. Prior, to the invasion of the white man, these people were living peacefully, though there was still local rivalry as is in many African societies but they didn't hate themselves to the point of one wanting to exterminate the other. As a matter of fact, it seemed like they didn't even recognize any difference among themselves.

The white man helped them see that they weren't one, and many of them regret it today. It was one of the most horrible display of the beast in the human heart.
Re: Sometimes In April: Rwanda Remembers The Genocide 22 Years After(pics) by uckennety(m): 7:38am On Apr 07, 2016
Missy89:

You obviously dont understand anything about Rwanda. The minority(Tutsi monarchy) was actually the one that ruled with impunity When Germany was in charge of that country because the Germans think they are racially superior to the Hutus (Majority) That was the bone of contention when The Hutus came to power later.

Nt german ooooo it's belguim and dts. Not d reason
Re: Sometimes In April: Rwanda Remembers The Genocide 22 Years After(pics) by bonechamberlain(m): 11:32am On Apr 07, 2016
Missy89:

so who is in power now, a hutsi or a Tutsi.
Re: Sometimes In April: Rwanda Remembers The Genocide 22 Years After(pics) by intrepid: 1:25pm On Apr 07, 2016
bonechamberlain:

Rwanda no longer uses that word.They prefer that they are all Rwandans.The country has moved far away and is heading towards a mega country with full development in every field.You need to see what they are after just 22 years
Re: Sometimes In April: Rwanda Remembers The Genocide 22 Years After(pics) by Missy89(f): 3:05pm On Apr 07, 2016
uckennety:

Nt german ooooo it's belguim and dts. Not d reason

Germany was in Charge until Belgium took over in 1919 after the first world war and continued the German policy
Re: Sometimes In April: Rwanda Remembers The Genocide 22 Years After(pics) by Missy89(f): 3:05pm On Apr 07, 2016
bonechamberlain:

Tutsi
Re: Sometimes In April: Rwanda Remembers The Genocide 22 Years After(pics) by bonechamberlain(m): 9:00pm On Apr 07, 2016
intrepid:

Rwanda no longer uses that word.They prefer that they are all Rwandans.The country has moved far away and is heading towards a mega country with full development in every field.You need to see what they are after just 22 years
on point

(1) (Reply)

South Sudan Minister Dresses Like A Gangstar Got Everybody Talking (PHOTOS) / Sasha Obama Spotted In A Bikini At The Beach / At Least Five Dead After GUNMEN Open Fire In Mosque In Quebec City, Canada.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.