Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,555 members, 7,819,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:07 AM

Should The Past Administration Really Be Blamed? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Should The Past Administration Really Be Blamed? (1305 Views)

Happening Now - BSS Uncovers Bombs Planted All Over SE, To Be Blamed On IPOB / Obasanjo To Buhari: "Stop Dwelling In The Past" / Historical Nigeria: A Rare Look Into The Past In Fascinating Photos. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should The Past Administration Really Be Blamed? by helphelp: 10:01am On Apr 07, 2016
Should the past GEJ administration really be blamed for the present hardship in the country?

What if the past election was won by GEJ, would the current situation in the country be this bad?

Please drop your comments with reasons.

Cc @lalasticlala

2 Likes

Re: Should The Past Administration Really Be Blamed? by TippyTop(m): 10:20am On Apr 07, 2016
APC have spent 10months blaming GEJ, when do they intend on starting their own work?

1 Like

Re: Should The Past Administration Really Be Blamed? by helphelp: 10:23am On Apr 07, 2016
TippyTop:
APC have spent 10months blaming GEJ, when do they intend on starting their own work?

I tire ooo

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should The Past Administration Really Be Blamed? by obailala(m): 10:39am On Apr 07, 2016
helphelp:
Should the past GEJ administration really be blamed for the present hardship in the country?
What if the past election was won by GEJ, would the current situation in the country be this bad?
Please drop your comments with reasons.
TippyTop:
APC only blames GEJ when GEJ supporters blame a 10-months old Buhari regime for Nigeria's woes.

For instance, how does one explain the bizarreness of GEJ supporters blaming Buhari/Fashola (who just had first budget passed 2 weeks ago) for our poor power infrastructure even when their hero GEJ spent over $10billion on power but handed over darkness? ... I would appreciate a reasonable explanation for this bizarre case.

If jonathanian can just shut up or criticise sensibly and stop making uncanny wailing references to how GEJ was a messiah who would have saved Nigeria, I can assure you the APC would forget if GEJ ever existed.

3 Likes

Re: Should The Past Administration Really Be Blamed? by OPCYOUTH: 10:42am On Apr 07, 2016
All past leaders should be blamed and not just the past administration.

1 Like

Re: Should The Past Administration Really Be Blamed? by TippyTop(m): 10:47am On Apr 07, 2016
obailala:
APC only blames GEJ when GEJ supporters blame a 10-months old Buhari regime for Nigeria's woes.

For instance, how does one explain the bizarreness of GEJ supporters blaming Buhari/Fashola (who just had first budget passed 2 weeks ago) for our poor power infrastructure when their hero GEJ spent over $10billion on power but handed over darkness?

When electricity improved in June last year, you lot attributed it to Buhari's body language. When we warned you people that Buhari was taking too long in appointing ministers your ilk called us names.
I hope you're enjoying your change?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should The Past Administration Really Be Blamed? by obailala(m): 10:51am On Apr 07, 2016
TippyTop:

When electricity improved in June last year, you lot attributed it to Buhari's body language. When we warned you people that Buhari was taking too long in appointing ministers your ilk called us names.
Oh... Are you by any means trying to justify the bizarreness of GEJ supporters blaming Buhari/Fashola for power failure?.... So while Buhari wasted time appointing ministers, the $10billion worth power infrastructure built by GEJ and the $16billion infrastructure built by OBJ collapsed in 10 months so therefore we shall all blame a Buhari whose budget hasn't even been signed?

1 Like

Re: Should The Past Administration Really Be Blamed? by TippyTop(m): 11:02am On Apr 07, 2016
obailala:
Oh... Are you by any means trying to justify the bizarreness of GEJ supporters blaming Buhari/Fashola for power failure?.... So while Buhari wasted time appointing ministers, the $10billion worth power infrastructure built by GEJ and the $16billion infrastructure built by OBJ collapsed in 10 months so therefore we shall all blame a Buhari whose budget hasn't even been signed?
Fashola is meanwhile using the much maligned template of last administration.
Thought Fashola bragged he would fix the energy sector within 6months?
If anyone needs to be blamed, I think it should be solely on the shoulders of that APC heavyweight known as Obasanjo.

1 Like

Re: Should The Past Administration Really Be Blamed? by OLADD: 11:02am On Apr 07, 2016
obailala:

For instance, how does one explain the bizarreness of GEJ supporters blaming Buhari/Fashola (who just had first budget passed 2 weeks ago) for our poor power infrastructure even when their hero GEJ spent over $10billion on power but handed over darkness? ... I would appreciate a reasonable explanation for this bizarre case.

If jonathanian can just shut up or criticise sensibly and stop making uncanny wailing references to how GEJ was a messiah who would have saved Nigeria, I can assure you the APC would forget if GEJ ever existed.

It's better you keep quite if you don't have anything meaningful to say. It was not Jonathanians that started the blame game but Lai Mohammed, Buhari, Tinubu and other irresponsible APC leaders who scammed Nigerians to get power. Obama inherited an almost failed United States but he never for one day blamed his predecessor for the rots. Instead, he hit the ground running and the rest is now history. If you care to know, the result of $10b allegedly spent by Jonathan on power is the all-time-high 5000mw generation capacity inherited by Buhari and his directionless govt but he failed to consolidate on that feat due to his ineptitude, naivety and crass incompetence. A govt that brings hardship on its citizenry in just 10 months deserves to be criticized and condemned. Retrieve your conscience from Satan.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should The Past Administration Really Be Blamed? by obailala(m): 11:06am On Apr 07, 2016
TippyTop:

Oh yes, I am enjoying my change very much, the most important part of the change I enjoy is knowing that GEJ is history and seeing his confused supporters wail endlessly. Just imagine a man who spent trillions of massive wealth but the nation has absolutely nothing to show for it in terms of power, health, jobs etc, yet his confused bigoted supporters expect me to regret voting him out.

As for any hardships being faced today, I am not an empty skull so I am fully aware it is all caused by the drop in oil prices and any remedy to it as regards diversification of the economy would take a substantial time (I am patient). When I supported Buhari, I knew I wasn't supporting a miracle worker hence I am not expecting a miracle overnight. I voted for change not magic and I don't expect 16 years misrule and ruin to be fixed in a year.
Re: Should The Past Administration Really Be Blamed? by Nobody: 11:06am On Apr 07, 2016
Of course, Yes. The question is, to what extent? When you stretch the blame beyond the limits of rational thinking, making a game off it, you become both literally and metaphorically a mad man.

1 Like

Re: Should The Past Administration Really Be Blamed? by TippyTop(m): 11:07am On Apr 07, 2016
[s]
obailala:

Oh yes, I am enjoying my change very much, the most important part of the change I enjoy is knowing that GEJ is history and seeing his confused supporters wail endlessly. Just imagine a man who spent trillions of massive wealth but the nation has absolutely nothing to show for it in terms of power, health, jobs etc, yet his confused bigoted supporters expect me to regret voting him out.

As for any hardships being faced today, I am not an empty skull so I am fully aware it is all caused by the drop in oil prices and any remedy to it as regards diversification of the economy would take a substantial time (I am patient). When I supported Buhari, I knew I wasn't supporting a miracle worker hence I am not expecting a miracle overnight. I voted for change not magic and I don't expect 16 years misrule and ruin to be fixed in a year.
[/s]

Enjoy your change in darkness.

2 Likes

Re: Should The Past Administration Really Be Blamed? by obailala(m): 11:19am On Apr 07, 2016
OLADD:

It's better you keep quite if you don't have anything meaningful to say. It was not Jonathanians that started the blame game but Lai Mohammed, Buhari, Tinubu and other irresponsible APC leaders who scammed Nigerians to get power. Obama inherited an almost failed United States but he never for one day blamed his predecessor for the rots. Instead, he hit the ground running and the rest is now history. If you care to know, the result of $10b allegedly spent by Jonathan on power is the all-time-high 5000mw generation capacity inherited by Buhari and his directionless govt but he failed to consolidate on that feat due to his ineptitude, naivety and gross incompetence. A govt that brings hardship on its citizenry in just 10 months deserves to be criticized and condemned. Retrieve your conscience from Satan.
GEJ spent over $10billion to increase power generation which was at over 4000mw to 5000mw. Then when he was handing over in May 29th, total generation crashed to 1327mw.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/183496-nigerias-power-generation-at-all-time-low-crashes-to-1327mw.html

And then Buhari takes over and power jumps up to 5000mw in months (you praise GEJ) and then after some months again it falls to zero (you blame Buhari). You have the shameless guts to hail GEJ as a hero for building 5000mw but turn around to blame Buhari when you know pretty well that the rotten power infrastructure he inherited fluctuates like crazy?... You must be very proud of this your strange wisdom.

Obama did not exchange blames with his predecessors because obviously, empty headed supporters of his predecessors did not jump online on a daily basis wailing about how an Obama who just took over months ago was responsible for the failed economy.
Re: Should The Past Administration Really Be Blamed? by obailala(m): 11:28am On Apr 07, 2016
TippyTop:

Fashola is meanwhile using the much maligned template of last administration.
Thought Fashola bragged he would fix the energy sector within 6months?
If anyone needs to be blamed, I think it should be solely on the shoulders of that APC heavyweight known as Obasanjo.
There was a roadmap to power sector reforms which was originated by Yaradua and completed by GEJ. Every scholar knows there's nothing wrong with the template and no one maligned the template. The only issue was the inability, lack of political will and incompetence of the originators of this template to even implement the map they drew. Steps are being taken to implement the roadmap, part of which is the review of power tariffs, a task which GEJ and his people couldn't implement. Now it's all a mess because the privatisation aspect of the roadmap was messed up because as usual, GEJ and his PDP vultures sold our power infrastructure to their cronies, most of which have no business being in the power sector business in the first place. Now that is a major problem Fashola has to contend with.

Now to expose another of your delusions, you say OBJ takes all the blame for spending $16billion, yet your GEJ takes absolutely no blame for spending an additional $10billion yet still giving Nigerians darkness. By the way, that OBJ did not support GEJ in 2015 elections does not make him an APC member, sink that into your memory.
Re: Should The Past Administration Really Be Blamed? by 2sexycom(m): 11:31am On Apr 07, 2016
obailala:
Mr man, he ask a question. You should have answered him with logical statements, not beating around the bush.
Re: Should The Past Administration Really Be Blamed? by Gratia(f): 11:33am On Apr 07, 2016
All the Ancient and modern politicians should be blamed.

1 Like

Re: Should The Past Administration Really Be Blamed? by 2sexycom(m): 11:44am On Apr 07, 2016
obailala:

I wanted GEJ out but that does not mean I shouldn't speak the truth when needs be.

Were we buying fuel at 200 per liter during GEJ's tenure? Were people sleeping at feeling stations? Were cost of goods and services as high as it is now?

Was dollar as high as 300 naira? Did we had massive loses of jobs?

Man, this is no longer logical reasoning but sycophancy as you have displayed here and it's apparently unpatriotic to take such stance.

Buhari has been traveling with scarce foreign reserve and $23million has been spent. Hope you know what $23Million can do to our power sector? Hope you know what it can do to education, health, industry and other sectors if it was spent on just one of those?

He keep talking about corruption as if we are not aware but is that a more reason to bring the economy to its knee?

Please learn to separate sentiments when discussing issues like this, after all its the family that benefit most from their regimes, not the man on the street.

1 Like

Re: Should The Past Administration Really Be Blamed? by 2sexycom(m): 11:44am On Apr 07, 2016
Gratia:
All the Ancient and modern politicians should be blamed.
abi o
Re: Should The Past Administration Really Be Blamed? by obailala(m): 11:44am On Apr 07, 2016
TippyTop:
[s][/s]

Enjoy your change in darkness.
The last time I checked, we transited from darkness to darkness. After spending over $26billion (OBJ $16bn and GEJ $10bn+), we were still in darkness. So telling me to enjoy my darkness makes no sense. The road you suggest we take also led us through darkness for decades so please tell me something else.
Re: Should The Past Administration Really Be Blamed? by enlightenedmind: 11:46am On Apr 07, 2016
Who else is to blame? Who else? No tell me who do we blame? The British? Abacha?
Re: Should The Past Administration Really Be Blamed? by obailala(m): 11:47am On Apr 07, 2016
2sexycom:
Mr man, he ask a question. You should have answered him with logical statements, not beating around the bush.
I answered his question in the next comment. Here's my response below:

obailala:

Re: Should The Past Administration Really Be Blamed? by DaBullIT(m): 11:51am On Apr 07, 2016
Wailer will not stop

But this thing is just logic

You can bring a house down one day , but you can't build it one day , worst of all 16 years of destroying is not child's play

It that does not work for you

Technically Buhari is just starting his governance Why ?? Because he has been using GEJ's outlined Budget

If this Budget is passed and you do not see any difference, then you can start blaming Buhari for everything .

If that does not work for you either

Consider the fact that People are intentionally making it hard on Buhari's government all because he's from the North
Re: Should The Past Administration Really Be Blamed? by obailala(m): 12:02pm On Apr 07, 2016
2sexycom:
I wanted GEJ out but that does not mean I shouldn't speak the truth when needs be.

Were we buying fuel at 200 per liter during GEJ's tenure? Were people sleeping at feeling stations? Were cost of goods and services as high as it is now?

Man, this is no longer logical reasoning but sycophancy as you have displayed here and it's apparently unpatriotic to take such stance.

Buhari has been traveling with scarce foreign reserve and $23million has been spent. Hope you know what $23Million can do to our power sector? Hope you know what it can do to education, health, industry and other sectors if it was spent on just one of those?

He keep talking about corruption as if we are not aware but is that a more reason to bring the economy to its knee?

Please learn to separate sentiments when discussing issues like this, after all its the family that benefit most from their regimes, not the man on the street.
Put on your thinking cap man, all the things you just mentioned are effects of a lack of forex which is a consequence of the drastic drop in oil prices. You can't be comparing a regime which sold oil for over $110 to one selling oil at $30-$40, it is a pointless comparison. If you must compare then and now, the closest reasonable comparison is the last 6 months of the last regime when the Naira fell by 35% from around N160 to N220/$, CBN forex reserves fell drastically by $10bn in 6 months, FG ran out of cash and had to borrow in early 2015 to offset FG workers salaries, there was a massive shortage of forex and fuel importers couldn't be paid their entitlements for almost a year leading to the worst fuel scarcity in Nigerian history - Yes that fuel crisis of May 2015 was the worst cos even banks had to close for business due to a total lack of fuel and fuel even sold for as much as N400 then. We easily forget things in Nigeria. It was purely an effect of oil price drop and remember even as at May 29th 2015, oil still sold for over $60 (remember it later fell to about $27 in Jan 2016).

What I'm trying to say is simple, Buhari isn't responsible for the lack of forex and the the attendant consequences. It is his duty however to steer the nation out of this mess, he is not a magician who can conjure forex overnight, any steps taken to remedy this situation as regards diversifying the economy will take years to mature.

1 Like

Re: Should The Past Administration Really Be Blamed? by OLADD: 12:04pm On Apr 07, 2016
obailala:
GEJ spent over $10billion to increase power generation which was at over 4000mw to 5000mw. Then when he was handing over in May 29th, total generation crashed to 1327mw.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/183496-nigerias-power-generation-at-all-time-low-crashes-to-1327mw.html

And then Buhari takes over and power jumps up to 5000mw in months (you praise GEJ) and then after some months again it falls to zero (you blame Buhari). You have the shameless guts to hail GEJ as a hero for building 5000mw but turn around to blame Buhari when you know pretty well that the rotten power infrastructure he inherited fluctuates like crazy?... You must be very proud of this your strange wisdom.

Obama did not exchange blames with his predecessors because obviously, empty headed supporters of his predecessors did not jump online on a daily basis wailing about how an Obama who just took over months ago was responsible for the failed economy.

Still shows you've made up your mind to have your conscience sold to Satan permanently. Every discerning mind knew Jonathan's govt was sabotaged by APC agents towards the tail end of his administration hence, the 1327MW. One thing you'll toil all day to dispute is the fact that the foundation for the 5000MW attained few weeks into Buhari's deceitful govt was laid by Jonathan but as I said earlier, Buhari failed to consolidate on that achievement due to his kindergarten policies.

In the case of Obama, contrary to your mischievousness, it was your lying president (Buhari) that started the blame game when he hoaxed the world with the tale of empty treasury. Nigerian economy is now on ground zero due to Buhari's directionlessness, incompetence, unpreparedness and absolute naivety. A man that spent 12 years fighting for the presidency should not take 10 months to find his bearing in govt. Simple.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should The Past Administration Really Be Blamed? by Bayswater: 12:10pm On Apr 07, 2016
2sexycom:

Trailer jam!
Re: Should The Past Administration Really Be Blamed? by obailala(m): 1:50pm On Apr 07, 2016
OLADD:

Still shows you've made up your mind to have your conscience sold to Satan permanently. Every discerning mind knew Jonathan's govt was sabotaged by APC agents towards the tail end of his administration hence, the 1327MW. One thing you'll toil all day to dispute is the fact that the foundation for the 5000MW attained few weeks into Buhari's deceitful govt was laid by Jonathan but as I said earlier, Buhari failed to consolidate on that achievement due to his kindergarten policies.

In the case of Obama, contrary to your mischievousness, it was your lying president (Buhari) that started the blame game when he hoaxed the world with the tale of empty treasury. Nigerian economy is now on ground zero due to Buhari's directionlessness, incompetence, unpreparedness and absolute naivety. A man that spent 12 years fighting for the presidency should not take 10 months to find his bearing in govt. Simple.
Sorry you are the one who has sold his mind to God knows what. What do you mean by APC sabotaged GEJ's government on the very week GEJ was to handover?... What sort of discerning mind would think that APC was sabotaging power infrastructure after they had already won elections and a week before GEJ was to hand over to Buhari?.... Is this all your wisdom could cough out in form of a defence?... Your type of discernment is truly rare.

GEJ laid the foundation for 5000mw, the real questions should be, how much infrastructure did GEJ actually add to what he met for us to get to 5000mw?.... Secondly, you do not need any special kind of wisdom to know that for the power to fluctuate erratically from 4000-2000-1327-5000-3000-0-3000mw etc, then there must be something wrong with the power infrastructure which is still yet to be fixed. Then you jump and claim that a BUhari who inherited this mess 10months ago is fully responsible, yet you accuse someone else of blame game?.... Just listen to yourself and tell me the things you are spewing makes any iota of sense to you?

Talking about the empty treasury, are you a kid that you do not know the meaning of 'a virtually empty treasury'?.... A nation with 170million people with a very high taste for foreign goods and we had less than $30billion as forex reserves. Do you need more than just common sense to know that that amount was next to nothing when compared to the forex demands of Nigerians?.... The amount left in the CBN reserves could barely meet a 3-months import quota and you think Buhari was lying when he said he met a virtually empty treasury?... I really just can't fathom the IQ level of some of the people on this site, or are you just feigning ignorance in order to have what to say?

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/05/external-reserves-cant-pay-for-more-than-3-months-of-imports/

2 Likes

Re: Should The Past Administration Really Be Blamed? by 2sexycom(m): 2:57pm On Apr 07, 2016
Bayswater:

Trailer jam!
EVEN TRAIN JOIN...

1 Like

Re: Should The Past Administration Really Be Blamed? by BushidoBlue(m): 4:57pm On Apr 07, 2016
2sexycom:

Some people can never... ever... reason objectively...

That guy na dia captain..
Re: Should The Past Administration Really Be Blamed? by plendil: 6:37pm On Apr 07, 2016
OLADD:

It's better you keep quite if you don't have anything meaningful to say. It was not Jonathanians that started the blame game but Lai Mohammed, Buhari, Tinubu and other irresponsible APC leaders who scammed Nigerians to get power. Obama inherited an almost failed United States but he never for one day blamed his predecessor for the rots. Instead, he hit the ground running and the rest is now history. If you care to know, the result of $10b allegedly spent by Jonathan on power is the all-time-high 5000mw generation capacity inherited by Buhari and his directionless govt but he failed to consolidate on that feat due to his ineptitude, naivety and crass incompetence. A govt that brings hardship on its citizenry in just 10 months deserves to be criticized and condemned. Retrieve your conscience from Satan.

$10 billion for 5,000MW? shocked shocked shocked Abeg make shame dey catch una small.. . . embarassed embarassed embarassed

(1) (Reply)

Igbos Have No Leader / 12 Killed As Subsidy Protests Turn Bloody(Flash Back) / Marginalisation Outrcry Gets Loud As Apc, Pdp Battle For Esan Land

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.