Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,473 members, 7,812,465 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:50 PM

How To Look Flawless And Chic This Heat Period - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / How To Look Flawless And Chic This Heat Period (1551 Views)

Eye Catching Ankara Styles That Will Make You Look Chic This Week / Get A Flawless And Glowing Skin / Look Chic This Weekend...quality Wears And Affordable Too. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Look Flawless And Chic This Heat Period by glowzy: 11:18am On Apr 07, 2016
Someone jokingly remarked on social media that it seems like the last person

to enter hell fire forgot to shut the gate hence the increasing rise in temperature.

Am starting to believe he/she is right in making that statement, if not what could

be the reason for the scorching sun roasting ones skin like it wants to bake it,

the sweats pouring out of ones skin like the rain heralding the start of seed sowing,

hot flushes, shiny oily face, itching scalp from sweats and hair sealed up by weavons,

darkening skin tone and seriously recently its hard to keep a flawless make-up because

the heat will not only melt out all the make-up but also give you a reason to wipe sweat

off your face at every few minutes interval and in a short while you are left wondering

about the where about of your once perfectly applied make-up.

Does this sound familiar to you?

" mmmhhhhh.....yeah I know it does describe a teeny-weeny bit of what

you are going through right now".

Chill out and see how you can manage to still look chic and picture perfect

at every minutes of the day irrespective of the so called global warming.

Skip Oil-Based Moisturizers

You must have seen and heard enough reasons of why your skin needs moisturizer

and why you shouldn't skip its use.....ok thats right!!! but if you are presently in

Nigeria and you have dry skin, my friend you don't need to apply moisturizer, the

sun and heat will automatically bless you with oily shiny skin free of charge and if

you have oily skin already like me, your guess is as good as mine~~~moisturizer and

oil-based products becomes your worst enemy while you silently pray for the next

harmatan season to come sooner than expected.

Applying oil-based moisturizers this heat period will cause your skin to sweat more

than usual, make your face too oily for make-up to hold on for long without fading

away.

But if you are brave enough and think your skin can take more moisture by all means

use non oil moisturizer, I would suggest water based (mostly in gel form) because it

would keep your skin hydrated without looking too shiny and best of all water based

moisturizer can double as a foundation and base for your make-up application.

Heat Proof Make-up tips

Make-up melts away easily in humid and high temperature, and if you are still using

fake foundations and concealers this period because you want to save some change,

you won't like your look after sun and sweat finish seperating the Mary from Kay

on your face.

~Your top most priority when applying make-up should be~~~to apply make-up

that will not melt out easily and can last all through the day- for this reason you would

need to stock up on not only quality but sweat-resistant foundation that can defy the

humidity and sweatiness that comes with the day's hot weather.

I was able to find out two best heat-proof foundations in the market and will put

up the brands name here just for you: Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation and Mac

Pro Longwear Nourishing Waterproof Foundation.

~Avoid heavy make-up and foundations layering this heat period as this can make you

sweat easily and melt away as it would require you to wipe your face more often leaving

you with a messy face. Apply foundations and concealer thinly and make sure to blend

blend and blend it out perfectly with your brush.

"Don't forget Lessssss make-up is Bessssst this heat period"

~Use primer on your face before foundation and on the eyes before applying eye

shadow, primer helps the skin hold make-up for long and it also prevents make up

from fading out due to humidity, sweat, and excess oil.

~If you are not a fan of blotting papers, Well now is the perfect time to make it your

bestiee~~~ get a pack of blotting paper, once you start perspiring or notice excess

shine on your face, resist the temptation to apply powder on your sweaty face, do this

instead~~~gently pat (don't wipe) a piece of blotting paper over your face to soak up

the sweat and oil . Applying additional powder on a sweaty made-up face will give a

caked and tired look at the same time emphasizing all the lines, acne blemishes and

wrinkles you want to keep private.

~Water resistant mascara like Maybelline collosal volume is a good choice this heat

period, it can hold for as long as you want it to, its water-proof and won't slip out no

matter how much you sweat in fact you would need to soften it with oil before removal

at night. Liquid eye liner last longer than the usual pencil liner, pencil liner is moisture

affected and can smear into your face during all the sweating and heat waves.

Clothing Choice

Wear light clothes fabrics that absorb moistures and keep you comfy all through the day

cotton clothes are light and absorbent. For the duration of this heat period (Who knows

when its going to end?) keep away from black colored clothes, dark colored clothing

have a sort of cupid love and attraction to the sun fueling more heat into your body.

The weather is already too hot for comfort and whenever I make the mistake of putting

on a black top or dress, the heat I experience operates on a higher level. For now my

black wears are relegated to night wears. Sleeveless clothes are a life saver this heat

period~~~allows your body to trap the little available fresh air still in existence

Hair Style Choice

Going the ole[/i] natural way with convenient styles like wearing your natural hair out, braids,

weavings that allows your scalp to breathe and allows regular washing is the "koko"

if you don't want to experience the itchings and scratching that follows after a hot

sweaty day with weavon on and God help you! if you have dandruff~~~[i] small

madness
is the only term to describe the experience that comes with it.

Sun screen

Protect you skin from the sun, get a sun screen of up to 70 spf and your skin will thank

you now and in future years to come.

Water

Don't wait until you are thirsty before drinking water, profuse sweating that comes with

this heat period cause dehydration which in turn results to dry and scaly looking skin.

Drink loads and loads of water. Start your day with water first thing in the morning and

all through the day, this will keep your body and skin hydrated.

http://ebonytalknaija..com.ng/
Re: How To Look Flawless And Chic This Heat Period by Pheals(f): 11:23am On Apr 07, 2016

walk naked ....sleep naked grin cheesy that's the best advice

Re: How To Look Flawless And Chic This Heat Period by glowzy: 11:35am On Apr 07, 2016
Pheals:

[b][/b]

lol cheesy but walking unclad will not fix your make-up when going out for the day///
Re: How To Look Flawless And Chic This Heat Period by Pheals(f): 11:39am On Apr 07, 2016
glowzy:
lol cheesy but walking unclad will not fix your make-up when going out for the day///

u want to c me naked grin grin grin !!! Make up in this heat ..no light no fuel

Re: How To Look Flawless And Chic This Heat Period by glowzy: 1:08pm On Apr 07, 2016
you ehhnnnn grin grin grin. you dey go work unclad?unclad na only for house oh and that one can only happen if you live alone or with your husby without children around
Pheals:

[b][/b]

(1) (Reply)

See This Trending Crazy Swag!!(photos) / Let Us Help You Boost Your Brand / 11 Ways Polka Dot Outfits Can Help You Slay All Day Everyday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.