Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,890 members, 7,817,617 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:38 PM

How Do I Use A Dedicated VPS I Bought - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / How Do I Use A Dedicated VPS I Bought (1378 Views)

Should I Build From Scratch Or Use A Framework? / Python: Should I Use Tkinter Or Pyqt? / Selling My Laptop Stand For Coding, I Bought From Amazon (photo). Interested? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Use A Dedicated VPS I Bought by HazzanTazzan(m): 2:32pm On Apr 07, 2016
Pls help...
I got delivery of my VPS from 123systems and im on the control panel page using my firefox browser.
On the control panel, my status shows online.
Does that mean my vps is active on my operating system and all sites visited will show the IP configured on the VPS?
Is there any other installation I need to do?
Please give some details if you know about this.
Thanks
Re: How Do I Use A Dedicated VPS I Bought by Djade007: 3:33pm On Apr 07, 2016
What os did you choose?. I will suggest using Ubuntu 14.10
Re: How Do I Use A Dedicated VPS I Bought by incredible6(m): 8:40pm On Apr 07, 2016
What do you want to use the vps for..
It seems you want to change your ip
Well then you would have to install openvpn or some other vpn apps...
Head over to Google immediately.. am too lazy to provide link atm..

And if the purpose of your vps is for Web hosting. Go and install zpanel..

Follow instruction dearly else your money Don bye bye..
Re: How Do I Use A Dedicated VPS I Bought by holuphisayor(m): 5:34pm On Apr 08, 2016
Let me help you out.

You need to install desktop environment on your vps to be able to view it. You cant use your vps from control panel. You need something like putty to run the commands
Re: How Do I Use A Dedicated VPS I Bought by danidee10(m): 4:52am On Apr 09, 2016
Djade007:
What os did you choose?. I will suggest using Ubuntu 14.10

No...No that's not an LTS...what happened to 14.04
Re: How Do I Use A Dedicated VPS I Bought by danidee10(m): 4:56am On Apr 09, 2016
HazzanTazzan:
Pls help...
I got delivery of my VPS from 123systems and im on the control panel page using my firefox browser.
On the control panel, my status shows online.
Does that mean my vps is active on my operating system and all sites visited will show the IP configured on the VPS?
Is there any other installation I need to do?
Please give some details if you know about this.
Thanks

Assuming you have ur os installed (you should have selected the os you want while setting it up)

You should be able to ssh to your machine through the ip

ssh root@your_server_ip

Your password should you setup as the master password for the VPS

If you don't have ssh access(I doubt it)....open a ticket and contact the support team so they can assist you

When you get in don't forget to create a new user account....you shouldn't play around with the root account

Then you can start by installing apache or any Web server of your choice. If you're not familiar with Linux you can install a cpanel that'll make administration of your vps hosting easier (if you're not it's a fantastic opportunity to learn Linux so don't install any cpanel smiley)

Or just use windows as ur os........Pls don't

I really don't understand your question about the VPS ip

Goodluck smiley
Re: How Do I Use A Dedicated VPS I Bought by Djade007: 6:47am On Apr 09, 2016
danidee10:

No...No that's not an LTS...what happened to 14.04

Yh Ubuntu 14.04 instead
Re: How Do I Use A Dedicated VPS I Bought by HazzanTazzan(m): 8:43am On Apr 09, 2016
danidee10:

Assuming you have ur os installed (you should have selected the os you want while setting it up)

You should be able to ssh to your machine through the ip

ssh root@your_server_ip

Your password should you setup as the master password for the VPS

If you don't have ssh access(I doubt it)....open a ticket and contact the support team so they can assist you

When you get in don't forget to create a new user account....you shouldn't play around with the root account

Then you can start by installing apache or any Web server of your choice. If you're not familiar with Linux you can install a cpanel that'll make administration of your vps hosting easier (if you're not it's a fantastic opportunity to learn Linux so don't install any cpanel smiley)

Or just use windows as ur os........Pls don't

I really don't understand your question about the VPS ip

Goodluck smiley

Thanks for this but it all sounds gibberish to me as I dont know...
My tutor who abandoned me initially has responded and she told me to install bisevit and config with her help.
The app connects but after setting mozilla to manual config with 127.0.0.1 1080, mozilla refuse to browse.

Any help with that?
Re: How Do I Use A Dedicated VPS I Bought by Nobody: 1:09pm On Apr 10, 2016
HazzanTazzan:

Thanks for this but it all sounds gibberish to me as I dont know...
My tutor who abandoned me initially has responded and she told me to install bisevit and config with her help.
The app connects but after setting mozilla to manual config with 127.0.0.1 1080, mozilla refuse to browse.

Any help with that?

Clear IPTables cache and it should be 8080

(1) (Reply)

Photos: World Class Android Music Player Created By A Nairalander / Need Help With Python Server Side Programming / LKG-FS200 Fingerprint Reader SDK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.