Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,747 members, 7,955,845 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 04:51 PM

Hit And Run Driver Knocks Down RRS Rider (photo) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Hit And Run Driver Knocks Down RRS Rider (photo) (1075 Views)

FUTA Female Student Killed By A Hit And Run Driver On Her Way From Church (Graph / Pastor Knocks Down Customs Official, While Trying To Evade Duties Check (Photo) / Man In Festac Knocks Down Thief Who Robbed & Zoomed Off On A Bike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hit And Run Driver Knocks Down RRS Rider (photo) by Flirtyjane(f): 9:11pm On Apr 07, 2016
Pictured is the driver who hit the RRS rider...Operatives of the Rapid Response Squad (RRS) of the Lagos State Police Command arrested him for a traffic offence and for knocking down an official of the law.

The driver, Yusuf Ogunbiyi, 35, an auto-technician was chased and arrested at his workshop in Ogundele Street, Off Ikosi Road by another team of RRS riders closed to the scene of the incidence.

Ogunbiyi, who drove a Toyota Sienna, 2003 model with the registration number LSD 573 DR, said he was going to Oregun from Mowe. ‘I got to 7up, I didn’t know the outlet from Ikosi Road was One Way, I entered it and I was waived down by a Traffic Police Officer and a LASTMA official but I tried to evade them, unknowingly to me, an RRS rider was equally trying to stop me but the vehicle too close to him, I swerved off immediately with a bid to escaping crushing him.

But, I ended up knocking him off the road with the bumper. I was too shock and afraid, even though my colleagues in the car told me to stop, I sped off. They traced me to my workshop and that was where I was arrested”, he explained.

I am sorry for everything, I didn’t know that place is one way. I just finished my apprenticeship and looking for funds for my graduation. The RRS rider, Corporal Nasir Abdul who sustained injuries,was seen limping at the RRS headquarters, Alausa, Ikeja. He has been taken to Accident Emergency Centre, at Old Toll Gate, near Ojota for treatment.

===> http://www.metropillar.com/2016/04/hit-and-run-driver-knocks-down-rrs.html

Re: Hit And Run Driver Knocks Down RRS Rider (photo) by akanniade10(m): 9:41pm On Apr 07, 2016
undecided
Re: Hit And Run Driver Knocks Down RRS Rider (photo) by amunkita(m): 11:19pm On Apr 07, 2016
Thumps up niccuh..

Just that u made a mistake of not leaving the vicinity immediately u parked..
Re: Hit And Run Driver Knocks Down RRS Rider (photo) by oluseyiforjesus(m): 7:25am On Apr 08, 2016
Wat is d punishment for "I don't knw" offenders?
Re: Hit And Run Driver Knocks Down RRS Rider (photo) by tafabaloo(m): 8:22am On Apr 08, 2016
Lolzzzzz

The poster above me don romance ganja weed...
Re: Hit And Run Driver Knocks Down RRS Rider (photo) by gwmlogistic: 3:39pm On Apr 08, 2016
He should be allowed to go since he said it was not intentional, since everytime a police shoots a civilian it's always accidentally discharge and cop walks. So this should be termed accidentally knocking down. My thoughts

(1) (Reply)

See What They Did To This Boy For Stealing Petrol In Mushin (photos+video) / Alleged Murdered Absu Girl Found Alive / Young Man Allegedly Scams Female Undergraduate On Facebook (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.