Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,763 members, 7,820,653 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:52 PM

What Will Ever Make Nigerians Protest - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Will Ever Make Nigerians Protest (1963 Views)

Nigerians Protest In UK Over Killing Of Benue People By Fulani Herdsmen(pics,vid / Is $1 To N500 Ok?: Nigerians Protest At CBN Headqueters, Abuja (Photos) / Nigerians Protest At CBN Office Over Bad Policies Of Gov Godwin Emefiele (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Will Ever Make Nigerians Protest by ATERI(m): 4:07am On Apr 09, 2016
DeanSim:
I weep wholeheartedly for this country which we don't seems to cherish dearly. Our number 1 enemy is disunity. It might seems stupid or negative but let's be realistic. Our hearts are not one sincerely.

Another problem is the poverty stricken mentality among majority of us. It saddens me that we are so immune to darkness, poor pipe borne water, lack of shelter, low-quality education and bad infrastructures.

I guess, we lack metrics for development. We don't objectively have a platform where we can analyze phenomena whether there is progression or otherwise. Do we have data or have the culture of collecting and maintaining one.

That Occupy Nigeria will forever be memorable to me. Some fellow youth died for that cause and what happen? What's the result? It doesn't worth it.

Since I was born, almost every homes have been providing their own stable facilities to survive. It is getting worse and becoming a culture.
I have concluded that, I will contribute only my part with wisdom to further make this country a better place for us to live and take strategy careful steps to influence the government where possible and promote good governance.
Our political system and governance is below average.

The point I was making in my first piece is worthy of repetion: nothing foreign is going to bring about change in Nigeria, because we have tried it all. Occupy started in America as a way of drawing attention to the unjust world order that puts the control of the world and its resources in the hands of 1%. For anything to work in Nigeria, it must be unique and special. It musn`t have been used elsewhere, so as to catch everyone by surprise.
Re: What Will Ever Make Nigerians Protest by orisa37: 6:32am On Apr 09, 2016
NLC didn't allow the Governments under OBJ, Yaradua and GEJ breathing space at all. But now, they are themselves choked and can't breathe . See the irony?

1 Like

Re: What Will Ever Make Nigerians Protest by babyfaceafrica: 6:49am On Apr 09, 2016
Just be careful about revolution and protest...it didn't bring about a positive change in libya and sudan..its even worse....we need to think!!!!
Re: What Will Ever Make Nigerians Protest by ijedallar: 6:57am On Apr 09, 2016
Ask Tinubu,Lai Mohammed and Oby Okwesili
Re: What Will Ever Make Nigerians Protest by modath(f): 8:00am On Apr 09, 2016
ATERI:

Very well said! One of the things that can bring people together,surprisingly quickly, is an empty stomach. Hunger never uses a foreign language that people would find difficult to understand. In today`s world, a hungry and angry graduate in Kaduna is now in touch with the one in Osogbo who went to the same school with the one in Enugu; this can nullify some of the variables we often focus on revolution. Once you have no food, no job and not sure of a roof over your head tomorrow, you have nothing to lose.

You've made strong points (was planning to engage you on the 1st point before I saw this & didn't want to make it to lengthy) but you need to understand that "hunger" is a relative term.......

Definition of hunger exceeds the pedestrian view of a strong & compelling need for food/nourishment. Hunger is really a NEED.. what is then critical is how to define individual /Regional/collective goals & aspirations.

What Ade hungers for may not be be Azu's, Audu may even view Azu's hunger as mere vanity!! As it stands now, the hunger of each region do not tally, so revolution is not something that is likely to happen in this land.

Moreover, the Arab Spring debacle does not a good model of revolution make, years after the fracture isn't near healing..
Re: What Will Ever Make Nigerians Protest by truthlegend(m): 11:52am On Apr 09, 2016
modath:

You've made strong points (was planning to engage you on the 1st point before I saw this & didn't want to make it to lengthy) but you need to understand that "hunger" is a relative term.......

Definition of hunger exceeds the pedestrian view of a strong & compelling need for food/nourishment. Hunger is really a NEED.. what is then critical is how to define individual /Regional/collective goals & aspirations.

What Ade hungers for may not be be Azu's, Audu may even view Azu's hunger as mere vanity!! As it stands now, the hunger of each region do not tally, so revolution is not something that is likely to happen in this land.

Moreover, the Arab Spring debacle does not a good model of revolution make, years after the fracture isn't near healing..
you are on point,but the negative aftermath of the Arab spring in some countries can't happen here coz we are multi ethnic and religious.
Re: What Will Ever Make Nigerians Protest by Anwunilala(f): 12:54pm On Apr 09, 2016
[quote author=enlightenedmind post=44505245]It is not just about protesting. We need to understand and agree what we are protesting for before we start. So what is it?

we need to protest against the rot in some sectors of this country. Situations like employment of children of the high and mighty into CBN due to favoritism. In sane countries that would have raised so much dust. The media talked about it for some days and now everything has been swept under the carpet.
I WEEP FOR MY COUNTRY

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Will Ever Make Nigerians Protest by mars123(m): 2:44pm On Apr 09, 2016
what we need now is a social media protest that will blow like olajumoke.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Pipeline Vandals Should Be Shot On Sight! / Stella Oduah Purchased, Registered Her Own Oil Tanker. / Tag This Photo Of Fayose and Tinubu.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.