Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,966 members, 7,814,259 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:03 AM

Ben Murray-bruce Again - Corruption Is Not Nigeria's Problem (picture/video) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ben Murray-bruce Again - Corruption Is Not Nigeria's Problem (picture/video) (1280 Views)

Ben Murray-Bruce Visits Goodluck Jonathan (Photos) / Yorubas Now Want Oduduwa, And Not Nigeria- Gani Adams / I’m A Born-again Corruption Fighter Now, There’s No Going Back – Jibrin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ben Murray-bruce Again - Corruption Is Not Nigeria's Problem (picture/video) by tan2: 8:45am On Apr 08, 2016
For merit sake, this post below was copied from http://www.aeroberry.com/ben-bruce-corruption-is-not-our-problem-video/

Ben Murray-Bruce has done another dust – raising short video clip which he titled, ‘ Common Sense Series On Merit Vs Tribe & Religion.’ As is particular to him, it is filled with a lot of interesting, controversial and sensible points. Personally I would say he made a lot of sense generally. If you watch the video you may agree or disagree with me. For the interest of those who may not be able to watch his three minutes video below, I am going to enumerate some of his interesting points.

No government can make progress if they sacrifice merit on the basis of tribe, religion and quota.
Nigeria’s civil service is sick and full of corruption because it is not founded on merit.
Quota system is the reason Nigerians are not as patriotic as they should be.
Naturally. your loyalty would be anchored on what got you where you are. Religion, tribe, quota system are the basis of employment in Nigeria, therefore Nigerians are more tribalistic than patriotic.
We need a new Nigeria founded on merit and excellence and not on quota system and mediocrity.
We must introduce meritocracy instead of nepotism.
Corruption is not the problem of Nigeria, it is the symptom of a more basic cause.
Nigeria’s problem is lack of unity caused by policies such as the quota system.
Do you agree with him ? Did he make sense to you ? We may agree or disagree with some of his points, however, he made a great point overall. It was a “common sense” talk.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qH2dTTDvnkI

Re: Ben Murray-bruce Again - Corruption Is Not Nigeria's Problem (picture/video) by Pheals(f): 8:49am On Apr 08, 2016

using 2200 to subscribe in this hard economy !! On my Mtn sim u say make I use amh watch video ......Bro na scissors Mtn go use cut my mb

1 Like

Re: Ben Murray-bruce Again - Corruption Is Not Nigeria's Problem (picture/video) by AZAJOBINSON(m): 8:50am On Apr 08, 2016
We all know even the said quota system favours only the Hausa, Igbo and Yorubas. Until meritocracy is adopted in Nigeria, the minority groups will have to stay put. Thank you Oga Bruce for this one.
Re: Ben Murray-bruce Again - Corruption Is Not Nigeria's Problem (picture/video) by tan2: 8:53am On Apr 08, 2016
Pheals:

[b][/b]

You are funny
Re: Ben Murray-bruce Again - Corruption Is Not Nigeria's Problem (picture/video) by vedaxcool(m): 8:53am On Apr 08, 2016
I suspect climbing other men's wife is to blame for Nigeria's problems.

Sorry won't watch a video from Moronu bruce who because of tribalism , greed and religious bigotry had no commonsense to offer during the years of the locusts.

2 Likes

Re: Ben Murray-bruce Again - Corruption Is Not Nigeria's Problem (picture/video) by Kanyekels(m): 8:57am On Apr 08, 2016
vedaxcool:

Sorry won't watch a video from Moronu bruce who because if tribalism , greed and religious bigotry had no commonsense to offer during the years of the locusts.

vedaxcool...... Please who are you?..... Are you EFCC chairman?
Re: Ben Murray-bruce Again - Corruption Is Not Nigeria's Problem (picture/video) by Nobody: 8:57am On Apr 08, 2016
He is right, corruption is universal. Every country has some corrupt people, but with meritocracy people who have skills set are matched with the right skills. Look at Fashola as a case in reference. He was made Minister of Works, Housing and Power due to tribe, religion and quota and he has performed abysmally.

Minister of Labor is a medical doctor, and was selected based on ethnic group and party of affiliation. Look at Amaechi as Minister of Transport, the only experience he has is driving El Rufai and other APC stalwarts.

Which party is NOI, which part is Deziani, which party is the rest of the technocrats that Jonathan brought to man our economy, none was selected based on quota or tribe, it was largely based on experience.

Corruption happens because people who deserved the jobs based on merit couldnt get it.

CBN today hires children of the rich, who have no related experiences to the job, yet Nairaland is home of the kids of the poor who will even kill for the masters while the kids of the masters are on reddit and quora.

I stay removed from this madness called Nigeria, and I dont know why Ben Bruce is wasting his energy trying to raise a dead cow.

1 Like

Re: Ben Murray-bruce Again - Corruption Is Not Nigeria's Problem (picture/video) by Kanyekels(m): 8:59am On Apr 08, 2016
vedaxcool:

Sorry won't watch a video from Moronu bruce who because if tribalism , greed and religious bigotry had no commonsense to offer during the years of the locusts.

vedaxcool..... Please who are you?.... Are you EFCC chairman?
Re: Ben Murray-bruce Again - Corruption Is Not Nigeria's Problem (picture/video) by EastanPower(m): 9:00am On Apr 08, 2016
This is what majority of Igbos have been clamouring for.

Merit should be supreme and quota system dropped.

1 Like

Re: Ben Murray-bruce Again - Corruption Is Not Nigeria's Problem (picture/video) by EasternLeopard: 9:03am On Apr 08, 2016
It is what I have been telling people. The problem is the system not corruption. Unfortunately, Yoruba media outlets have repeated this lie to the point that even the wise Igbos and Nigerdeltans have fallen for it.

Thank God some Igbos and Nigerdeltans have retrace their steps back to the Truth.
Re: Ben Murray-bruce Again - Corruption Is Not Nigeria's Problem (picture/video) by EasternLeopard: 9:08am On Apr 08, 2016
BiafranNigerian:
He is right, corruption is universal. Every country has some corrupt people, but with meritocracy people who have skills set are matched with the right skills. Look at Fashola as a case in reference. He was made Minister of Works, Housing and Power due to tribe, religion and quota and he has performed abysmally.

Minister of Labor is a medical doctor, and was selected based on ethnic group and party of affiliation. Look at Amaechi as Minister of Transport, the only experience he has is driving El Rufai and other APC stalwarts.

Which party is NOI, which part is Deziani, which party is the rest of the technocrats that Jonathan brought to man our economy, none was selected based on quota or tribe, it was largely based on experience.

Corruption happens because people who deserved the jobs based on merit couldnt get it.

CBN today hires children of the rich, who have no related experiences to the job, yet Nairaland is home of the kids of the poor who will even kill for the masters while the kids of the masters are on reddit and quora.

I stay removed from this madness called Nigeria, and I dont know why Ben Bruce is wasting his energy trying to raise a dead cow.

Truth must be told even if it is the last second to death.
Re: Ben Murray-bruce Again - Corruption Is Not Nigeria's Problem (picture/video) by EastanPower(m): 9:14am On Apr 08, 2016
EasternLeopard:
It is what I have been telling people. The problem is the system not corruption. Unfortunately, Yoruba media outlets have repeated this lie to the point that even the wise Igbos and Nigerdeltans have fallen for it.

Thank God some Igbos and Nigerdeltans have retrace their steps back to the Truth.

Ben Bruce appears to be a very intelligent man, I will support him if he decides to run for the presidency.
Re: Ben Murray-bruce Again - Corruption Is Not Nigeria's Problem (picture/video) by psucc(m): 9:15am On Apr 08, 2016
We have also changed. All videos and audios should be transcribe to text. Suviving CHANGE IS CHANGE ITSELF
Re: Ben Murray-bruce Again - Corruption Is Not Nigeria's Problem (picture/video) by dayowunmi(m): 9:17am On Apr 08, 2016
And nepotism and tribalism all belong to corruption because corruption is deviation from the correct way or normal way of doing something, it's much more than bribery, placing someone in a position he's undeserving of is corruption, and Mr Bruce, I GOT ONE QUESTION FOR YOU, HOW COME YOUR POLITICAL ACTIVISM JUST CAME ALIVE AFTER YOUR KINSMAN LOST THE PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION? am curious as to why you had little or no "common sense" series under uncle Joe, is that not a shade of tribalism?

2 Likes

Re: Ben Murray-bruce Again - Corruption Is Not Nigeria's Problem (picture/video) by Obiwiz(m): 9:24am On Apr 08, 2016
vedaxcool:

Oga, u dey vex o. Why na? Abi u dey in support of quota system?
Re: Ben Murray-bruce Again - Corruption Is Not Nigeria's Problem (picture/video) by justice2016: 9:32am On Apr 08, 2016
OMG Ben said it all . It has been in my mind long time . I am beginning to love this man . He is coming out slowly and becoming bold . We need people like this man . Our problem is religion and tribalism that's all .
Re: Ben Murray-bruce Again - Corruption Is Not Nigeria's Problem (picture/video) by Goke7: 9:32am On Apr 08, 2016
Oga Bruce, it is your party the pdp that has killed Nigeria with the politics of religion and ethnicity as evident in the 2015 elections, even your GEJ's wife called some fellows born throwaway children.

Deal with the yeye politics of religion and ethnicity in your pdp first and Nigeria will be better.

Enough of the hypocrisy, your party divided Nigeria more.

1 Like

Re: Ben Murray-bruce Again - Corruption Is Not Nigeria's Problem (picture/video) by nasiest(m): 9:38am On Apr 08, 2016
Stupid 'olodo' twitter Senator

1 Like

Re: Ben Murray-bruce Again - Corruption Is Not Nigeria's Problem (picture/video) by Nobody: 9:51am On Apr 08, 2016
Nigerian Name: Ben Murray-Bruce
Senate Position: Backseat
Saraki Position: Frontseat
Skin color: Imported
And you say corruption is not Nigeria's problem?

1 Like

Re: Ben Murray-bruce Again - Corruption Is Not Nigeria's Problem (picture/video) by malton: 10:08am On Apr 08, 2016
I repeat,

Being corrupt is not just bad for the soul, it also harms the economy.

Research has found that in countries with a lot of corruption, less of their gdp goes into investment and they have lower growth rates. Corrupt countries invest less in education, a sector of the economy that pays big economic dividends but small bribes, than do clean countries, thereby reducing their human capital. They also attract less foreign direct investment.

These guys are trying to make graft the rule rather than the exception. Such a shame!

1 Like

Re: Ben Murray-bruce Again - Corruption Is Not Nigeria's Problem (picture/video) by vedaxcool(m): 11:38am On Apr 08, 2016
Obiwiz:

Oga, u dey vex o. Why na? Abi u dey in support of quota system?

Just stating it as it is!
Re: Ben Murray-bruce Again - Corruption Is Not Nigeria's Problem (picture/video) by vedaxcool(m): 11:43am On Apr 08, 2016
Kanyekels:

vedaxcool...... Please who are you?..... Are you EFCC chairman?

Just a regular guy don't know what the fuss about me!
Re: Ben Murray-bruce Again - Corruption Is Not Nigeria's Problem (picture/video) by ANTONINEUTRON(m): 11:52am On Apr 08, 2016
I no go comment now.

I get work to do.

When i hammer reach zuckerberg, jon koum, Warren buffet, otedola, bill gate, dangote level;
Wey if i comment, one blogger go screenshot am, create thread and e go enter FP.

Na dat time i go comment.

NO FORGET oo!! shocked

(1) (Reply)

Why Should Nigeria Pay Back China -Yuan -Loan Deal In $USD? Convinced Nigerians / Fulani Herdsmen Confess To Membership Of Boko Haram / Which PDP Convention Should I Attend?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.