Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,290 members, 7,829,661 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:13 AM

UNILAG Shut Down Indefinitely Over Fuel Crisis - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNILAG Shut Down Indefinitely Over Fuel Crisis (493 Views)

OAU Suspends Professor Richard Akindele Indefinitely Over Sex For Mark / UNILAG Shut Down Over Students' Protest / ANSU Shuts Down Indefinitely, After Graduate Was Tortured To Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

UNILAG Shut Down Indefinitely Over Fuel Crisis by GurlFriend: 8:52am On Apr 08, 2016
The ongoing fuel crisis and incessant lack of power supply in the country is affecting all sectors of life in Nigeria, making it difficult to perform day to day activities including getting an education.

The University of Lagos had been shut down indefinitely with immediate effect. The reason given by UNILAG Senate Committee for shutting it down is cited as ongoing agitation by the student body over poor electricity, water supply & the difficulty faced by students living off campus to get to classes due to the fuel crisis.

Students were warned to vacate the hostels by 10am this morning and some students have informed the wider public about being forced out of their hostels as early as 7am this morning by armed Rapid Response Squad police officers.

See below the press release ordering immediate closure of the university and tweets from students being forced off the campus

http://www.lailasblog.com/2016/04/unilag-shut-down-indefinitely-over-fuel.html

1 Share

Re: UNILAG Shut Down Indefinitely Over Fuel Crisis by GurlFriend: 8:53am On Apr 08, 2016
some tweets from the affected students

cc lalasticlala

Re: UNILAG Shut Down Indefinitely Over Fuel Crisis by younghartz(m): 8:57am On Apr 08, 2016
make una come back home na
Re: UNILAG Shut Down Indefinitely Over Fuel Crisis by Nobody: 9:14am On Apr 08, 2016
Unilag gate as at this morning

Re: UNILAG Shut Down Indefinitely Over Fuel Crisis by megawax8: 9:40am On Apr 08, 2016
The Economy is in a state but the worst part is that i can't see a honest step to improve the livelihood of the citizen by the Government. Its getting awfully difficult to do anything. Its education now, lets pray our oxygen isn't gone soon because apparently, everything we need for survival is being taken away.

#GodHelpNigeria
Re: UNILAG Shut Down Indefinitely Over Fuel Crisis by StealthyMe(m): 9:40am On Apr 08, 2016
To say i was one of those who believed in this administration and canvassed for them makes me annoyed with myself.
Its an utter aberration to what we had thought we would enjoy. I mean, i didn't expect change to magically happen, but when change, at least you'll have an inkling.

Well, abeg Buhari do something
Re: UNILAG Shut Down Indefinitely Over Fuel Crisis by Sunnymatey(m): 11:17am On Apr 08, 2016
Dis is a vry serious issue that can lead to the resignation of a leader in a civilized society, but here it's counted as an acheivement.
Re: UNILAG Shut Down Indefinitely Over Fuel Crisis by Sunnymatey(m): 11:29am On Apr 08, 2016
Imagine that strike had not been declared yet institutions are begining to shut their gates.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

32nd Convocation: BUK To Award Degrees To 7, 446 Graduands – VC / Mastercard Foundation Scholarship For African Undergraduates To Study In Ghana / Post Jamb For Uniben And Auchio

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.