Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,731 members, 7,817,010 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:50 PM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! (63842 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Sauron1: 8:09pm On Aug 10, 2009
allboyz:

DK - would be high in dat!
and where's ENGLAND?

There's no point for baseless arguments.
The Germans are the bigger football nation. . . .England are just somewhere below those big boys.

chic2pimp:

I somehow agree with that statement however with senna spain has a better chance of being sucessful than without him.

At best, they will make the semis and lose via penalty shoot-outs to play the 3rd/4th play-offs.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by chic2pimp(m): 8:13pm On Aug 10, 2009
@ krayola. U are right. Muscle is a must for a team like barca. Every succesful barca team in recent memory always have them(thiago motta,edmilson,van bommel and now yaya toure). Without them,they would be half as sucessful as they currently are as teams would bully them into submission.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by chic2pimp(m): 8:15pm On Aug 10, 2009
~Sauron~:

There's no point for baseless arguments.
The Germans are the bigger football nation. . . .England are just somewhere below those big boys.

At best, they will make the semis and lose via penalty shoot-outs to play the 3rd/4th play-offs.
I don't know why but I have a sneaky feeling that either spain or england would make it through to the finals.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by allboyz(m): 8:18pm On Aug 10, 2009
My Fav for the world cup next yr is : BRAZIL. . . they always have a team. . . Just the manager. . . .
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by tommyex(m): 9:19pm On Aug 10, 2009
1. Silvestre is useless as seen in the Valencia game

2. Our current personnel cannot play 4-3-3.

Bendtner is not made to play wide, he is a central striker. RVP is not meant to play central striker, only support striker in a 4-4-2 or 4-5-1.

Thanks DEBOSKY, u know at times i think wenger is either blind or foolishly stubborn, i feel he is a good trainer and needs assistance in some techinical things, i can remember few years back when he just could not make changes at all, like play like play he will start with that liquid formation against everton n RVP is be useless upfront of course,

Pls let pray for a working brain for Mr Wenger,
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Krayola2(m): 9:29pm On Aug 10, 2009
They dont even have the midfield players fr it . Denilson and Song can't hold their own IMO. I don't know why Wenger trusts them so much.  . I can bet my life n that they won't win shit with those guys on the field. . .
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by chic2pimp(m): 9:42pm On Aug 10, 2009
RAFA BENITEZ APPARENTLY NAMES FIVE PLAYERS HE THINKS ARE BETTER THAN RONALDO undecided undecided undecided cool.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by debosky(m): 12:15am On Aug 11, 2009
We can win with Song and Denilson, we just need to use them properly. With Arsenal's current squad, we must play 4-5-1 most of the time and occasionally 4-4-2.

Eduardo/Bendtner as the arrow head, RVP behind, AA and Nasri/Walcott wide and Cesc/Ramsey with Denilson/Song.

That side will score goals and keep defensive stability. Anything else at the moment is a waste of time. Without a very strong CM to pair up with Cesc, we should stick to a 4-5-1 for most games and go 4-4-2 in Europe.

As I've maintained since the start of this window, we are 2 players short of a winning team - a CB and a DM.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Borat1: 12:45am On Aug 11, 2009
Its funny how the gunners are jumping on themselves hoping for one major signing before the close of the TW when they could end up losing their most prized asset. chai
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by chic2pimp(m): 4:13am On Aug 11, 2009
~Borat~:

Its funny how the gunners are jumping on themselves hoping for one major signing before the close of the TW when they could end up losing their most prized asset. chai
i really can not attribute any blame to fabregas wanting to leave. His agemates are busy winning trophies and adding to their medal collection while wengay simply keeps saying next year would be our year[b]. OLODO RABATA OJU EJA LO MO JE[/b]. Will someone pls let me know wot calendar he is using where next year never comes.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Nobody: 4:16am On Aug 11, 2009
what we need is a steely back 4 like Manchester United, a strong DM and we're good to go. We have way too much attacking talent.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Nobody: 7:53am On Aug 11, 2009
~Borat~:

Who said anything about Cesc leaving. . .Why don't you crawl back to Kazakhstan with Azamat before Nursultan Tuyakbay steals your iPod grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by HNIC(m): 8:13am On Aug 11, 2009
ahonohai:

Who said anything about Cesc leaving. . .Why don't you crawl back to Kazakhstan with Azamat before Nursultan Tuyakbay steals your iPod grin
@ ahonohai
You get time ooh
I have stopped reading posts from his type.
Can't be expending energy countering hooey everyday
Just leave 'em to their ignorance.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by tkb417(m): 8:17am On Aug 11, 2009
debosky:

We can win with Song and Denilson, we just need to use them properly. With Arsenal's current squad, we must play 4-5-1 most of the time and occasionally 4-4-2.

Eduardo/Bendtner as the arrow head, RVP behind, AA and Nasri/Walcott wide and Cesc/Ramsey with Denilson/Song.
That side will score goals and keep defensive stability. Anything else at the moment is a waste of time. Without a very strong CM to pair up with Cesc, we should stick to a 4-5-1 for most games and go 4-4-2 in Europe.

As I've maintained since the start of this window, we are 2 players short of a winning team - a CB and a DM.
are these set different from those the barren lot?
oh oh, u have an assasin now?
u people are funny?
make we siddon dey look how Everton go do you for weekend grin

chei, the league don start
grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by edoyad(m): 8:28am On Aug 11, 2009
grin grin grin
"League don start". I love the sound of that.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Nobody: 8:36am On Aug 11, 2009
tkb417:

are these set different from those the barren lot?
oh oh, u have an assasin now?
u people are funny?
make we siddon dey look how Everton go do you for weekend grin

chei, the league don start
grin

The Arsenal team like debosky said is 2 signings away from being a championship winning side. . . that is the positive we gooners are looking at.

Take Bendtner for example, his goals tally has been improving

2006/2007 (Birmingham City - Loan) 48 Apps 13 Goals 9 Assists
2007/2008 (Arsenal) 40 Apps 10 Goals 7 Assists
2008/2009 (Arsenal) 50 Apps  15 Goals 3 Assists

However much we may rile him, he still delivers the goods. . .and he's just 21

We clearly don't need a 30 goal a season striker if Van Persie, Bendtner, Eduardo all chip in at least 15 goals with Arshavin, Nasri and Walcott supporting them with a couple each our worry will be how many we ship in at the back. That's where the argument for depth and solidity in the DM and CB roles. . .We need to stop leaking goals from setpieces, high balls and counter attacks
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by tkb417(m): 8:52am On Aug 11, 2009
Ahonohai
its cool. left to me, i want Arsenal to be competitive so just that we can have a good league this season

If we aint gonna win, i'll prefer Arsenal to win

Liverpool, NO ( we are tied on 18-18 and they shldnt get to 19 or 20 b4 us)
Chelsea , NO For obvious reasons. The man will come and start shouting he came and won it his first season

Arsenal- No probs if guys will win again. Its not gonna affect anything. Maybe, the trophy will bring back the runaway gaynners
Loyiks, banderas, Kitaun, ritchie and some others

let get it started smiley
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Nobody: 10:11am On Aug 11, 2009
tkb417:

Ahonohai
its cool. left to me, i want Arsenal to be competitive so just that we can have a good league this season

Chelsea , NO For obvious reasons. The man will come and start shouting he came and won it his first season

Arsenal- No probs if guys will win again. Its not gonna affect anything. Maybe, the trophy will bring back the runaway gaynners

let get it started smiley

Well said. . .Merseyside are you watching?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by tkb417(m): 10:20am On Aug 11, 2009
yes in my house

in fact, im gonna kill maself with a lotta soccer this weekend to douse the long wait for the new season
im sure im seeing even the less interesting ties.
this weekend is strictly footie
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by sirwebs(m): 10:51am On Aug 11, 2009
Can't wait for the weekend too. How did we get through the summer? Phew!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by tocdee(m): 10:57am On Aug 11, 2009
tkb417:

Ahonohai

Arsenal- No probs if  guys will win again. Its not gonna affect anything. Maybe, the trophy will bring back the runaway gaynners

let get it started  smiley

Nice. Now go back to sleep!!  grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by proudly9ja(m): 11:38am On Aug 11, 2009
Arsene is concentrating on making his 4-3-3 work. If we get a good DM to partner Cesc, I do not mind this formation at all but if not, its better we stick to our 4-5-1. The only problem is, like we saw last season, with Ade gone, a 4-5-1 may not really work again as Edu, RVP, Bendtner cannot run the attack line on their own. Therefore, the option left is a 4-4-2.

Back to the 4-3-3, I really don't understand why Arsene keeps playing Bendtner on the wings In the Valencia game, when the crosses came in from Eboue and later from Traore, there was noone upfront cos RVP would have drifted and Nicolas Bendtner was far from the box. Our best player in the air is unarguably Bendtner. If there's anyone I want in the box when the crosses come in, its Bendtner. Keeping him on the wings is waste of personnel and considering that we are also wasting personnel by playing Denilson or Diaby in DM position plus Silvestre in CB position, its almost like we are playing 8 men agains 10!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Ibime(m): 12:07pm On Aug 11, 2009
How does RVP fit into Arsenes 4-3-3 system?. . . . is there any sustained future for him in such a system?

I saw him struggling against Atletico Madrid trying to play upfront on his own. . . . Debosky places him as an AM in 4-3-3, but how about Arshavin, Rosicky, even Nasri and Ramsey?. . . . RVP has no place at Arsenal under any 4-3-3 system.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by eldee(m): 12:36pm On Aug 11, 2009
Ibime:

How does RVP fit into Arsenes 4-3-3 system?. . . . is there any sustained future for him in such a system?

I saw him struggling against Atletico Madrid trying to play upfront on his own. . . . Debosky places him as an AM in 4-3-3, but how about Arshavin, Rosicky, even Nasri and Ramsey?. . . . RVP has no place at Arsenal under any 4-3-3 system.
Van Persie was born into the 4-3-3 system.
Remember the World Cup where Holland used the 4-3-3??
He didn't need to be CF, he just stayed behind RVN . . .

As Debo rightly pointed out . . .
FW: Van Persie - Eduardo-Arshavin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by allboyz(m): 2:26pm On Aug 11, 2009
eldee:

Van Persie was born into the 4-3-3 system.
Remember the World Cup where Holland used the 4-3-3??
He didn't need to be CF, he just stayed behind RVN . . .

As Debo rightly pointed out . . .
FW: Van Persie - Eduardo-Arshavin

and the bench? or will those 3 play all 90mins?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by edoyad(m): 2:38pm On Aug 11, 2009
Brothers and sisters,
no matter the formation we play, we need size in that mid-field (and even the team too).
Can you remember a time our back line had Campbell and Toure. Mid field : Viera, Silva, Edu . Attack : Henry, Bergkamp.
None of the above is below 6ft 2ins. Now i'm not saying we can't work with the present guys but when we did the invicibles we had on average about the biggest men in the premiership. While Barca can shine in a less physical la liga, we saw them struggling against a big Chelsea side that should have won that tie.
Even Aragones like y'all mentioned had to bring in Senna to strengthen (goodness ! All my life I've been spelling it strenGHT) an abundantly talented but physically deficient side.
We have to be honest with our selves that we wont win all our games with beauty but muscle out some results at those lower table sides.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by dayokanu(m): 2:39pm On Aug 11, 2009
Arsenal is doomed regardless of whom they buy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by kememulade(m): 2:41pm On Aug 11, 2009
dayokanu:

Arsenal is doomed regardless of whom they buy

Bayern is doomed irregardless of whether Ribery stays or leaves grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by dayokanu(m): 2:44pm On Aug 11, 2009
Tell me the last time Arsenal won the league? Obama was not in politics

Lets have this discussion when Arsenal wins a trophy never mind CL trophy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by MrCrackles(m): 2:53pm On Aug 11, 2009
dayokanu:

Tell me the last time Arsenal won the league? Obama was not in politics

A donkey has one bleating style. . . .Dayokanu, you are a donkey!
Obama was not in politics the last time Arsenal won a league seems to be the same ol same for you now innit?
Pathetic. . . .
You should be more worried about the assemblage of morons and lacklustre set you have at the Allianz
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by edoyad(m): 2:56pm On Aug 11, 2009
While the most potent strike force in germany have added Martins to their ranks, Munchen have brought in a man who even though he started all of Germany's games at the Euros, couldn't register his name on the score sheet. I believe they call him Mario Gomiss, in honour of his missing tendencies. Remember how he failed to score against an open net in the Euro2008.
After when Barca or Zenith traumatize them, they'll start blaming it on poor Luis Vanghaal.
Shameful Bavarians tongue tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by edoyad(m): 3:11pm On Aug 11, 2009
Premiership starts resumes in 4 days, what are the chances we'll see someone new before then ?
If we dont see someone new it means August games will be with what we have at our disposal right now.
Even if we bring "the one" before 31st, how long before he'll become a regular ?
If none of the above occurs, where will Arsenal be by January transfer window ?
My heart says we'll still be in contention for the league but. . . . .

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (100)

Chelsea Vs Arsenal (3 - 1) On 4th February 2017 / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Vs Chelsea: Community Shield (4 - 1) penalties On 6th August 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.