Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,893 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:50 PM

Kayode Ogundamisi Slams Mo Abudu For Asking Artists To Sign 'slave Contract' - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Kayode Ogundamisi Slams Mo Abudu For Asking Artists To Sign 'slave Contract' (22829 Views)

Vivian Chiologi: Married At 50 & Gave Birth At 51 - Mo Abudu Celebrates Friend / Mo Abudu Celebrates Her Driver Of 20 Years (Photos) / Picture Of Mo Abudu At The "Premiere Of "Wedding Party 2" Has Got Fans Talking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kayode Ogundamisi Slams Mo Abudu For Asking Artists To Sign 'slave Contract' by GurlFriend: 5:05pm On Apr 08, 2016
Journalist and online commentator Kayode Ogundamisi has slammed media personality and founder of Ebony Life Tv, Mo Abudu for what he calls 'Slave Contract' which Nigerian artists have to sign before they audition for Ebony Life TV programmes.

n a series of revealing tweets, he called out the 'Moments with Mo' producer, asking her if, she as a British citizen would be willing to sign such a contract.

Basically the contract asks the person auditioning to waive every moral right they have over their creative talents, as long as it is affiliated with Ebony Life TV. They are asked to forfeit their rights as protected by the Performance Protection Rights of 1967.

In other words, once you sign the contract, Ebony Life owns your talent and can use it any how they deem it fit. You will not be able to complain or negotiate because you have relinquished every right (protected by the national and international copyright and royalty laws) you have over your talent.

Read the tweets and controversial contract below

http://www.lailasblog.com/2016/04/journalist-slams-mo-abudus-ebony-life.html

2 Likes

Re: Kayode Ogundamisi Slams Mo Abudu For Asking Artists To Sign 'slave Contract' by GurlFriend: 5:07pm On Apr 08, 2016
Read the contract, then compare with a foreign one

Re: Kayode Ogundamisi Slams Mo Abudu For Asking Artists To Sign 'slave Contract' by GurlFriend: 5:09pm On Apr 08, 2016
Kayode continues to call out Mo Abudu. We are still awaiting a response

1 Share

Re: Kayode Ogundamisi Slams Mo Abudu For Asking Artists To Sign 'slave Contract' by dacovajnr: 5:11pm On Apr 08, 2016
Well it's gonna be upto the artist whether to sign or not and that's why Education is important...Similar to that of the Misinterpretation of the Aburi accord Whereby the Educated Ojukwu tried to out smart his uneducated counterpart grin

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kayode Ogundamisi Slams Mo Abudu For Asking Artists To Sign 'slave Contract' by GurlFriend: 5:12pm On Apr 08, 2016
Re: Kayode Ogundamisi Slams Mo Abudu For Asking Artists To Sign 'slave Contract' by tempex88(m): 5:15pm On Apr 08, 2016
Lala do d needful.
Re: Kayode Ogundamisi Slams Mo Abudu For Asking Artists To Sign 'slave Contract' by dulux07(m): 5:16pm On Apr 08, 2016
We r always taking advantage of each other. No wonder the country is like this.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kayode Ogundamisi Slams Mo Abudu For Asking Artists To Sign 'slave Contract' by MRBrownJ: 5:50pm On Apr 08, 2016
sadly many would sign such miserable contract, in their lust and desperation for exposure on TV/media.
so what such contract means is that you could be auditioning for a comedy TV series, and they use the tapes for a show about gays/lesbians in Nigeria... even 20yrs from now. LOL!

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kayode Ogundamisi Slams Mo Abudu For Asking Artists To Sign 'slave Contract' by thefakestan: 6:24pm On Apr 08, 2016
Who u don sign

Mr. Kayode

ThefakeStan

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Kayode Ogundamisi Slams Mo Abudu For Asking Artists To Sign 'slave Contract' by AntiWailer: 6:25pm On Apr 08, 2016
Na by force ?

Who you help ?
Re: Kayode Ogundamisi Slams Mo Abudu For Asking Artists To Sign 'slave Contract' by Integrityfarms(m): 6:25pm On Apr 08, 2016
Its indeed a slave business!

That my body is itching me does not mean that I should use a sharp broken bottle to scratch it!

This is Kwaruption!

#inthevoiceofPMB

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kayode Ogundamisi Slams Mo Abudu For Asking Artists To Sign 'slave Contract' by Akshow: 6:27pm On Apr 08, 2016
She put gun for their head to sign the contract by force

4 Likes

Re: Kayode Ogundamisi Slams Mo Abudu For Asking Artists To Sign 'slave Contract' by 2sexycom(m): 6:30pm On Apr 08, 2016
dulux07:
We r always taking advantage of each other. No wonder the country is like this.
na today u dey know?
Re: Kayode Ogundamisi Slams Mo Abudu For Asking Artists To Sign 'slave Contract' by codemaster2much: 6:31pm On Apr 08, 2016
Funny how e take Avetsge of the weak . And for the weak pls feel free to say no
Re: Kayode Ogundamisi Slams Mo Abudu For Asking Artists To Sign 'slave Contract' by Nobody: 6:32pm On Apr 08, 2016
I'm lying if I say I understand or care to know what this news is about. I'm only making this comment to mark my presence.

On topic: this old woman should focus on that channel. I tried watching it out of boredom for two days straight and nearly pulled out my beards in frustration. The programs are dull and get repeated twice a day. The only selling point the channel has is 'the spot' while the former glory 'Moments with Mo' is only a shell of its former self.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kayode Ogundamisi Slams Mo Abudu For Asking Artists To Sign 'slave Contract' by bedspread: 6:32pm On Apr 08, 2016
Nigerians have always had this greedy attitude on themselves since 1960, October 1

4 Likes

Re: Kayode Ogundamisi Slams Mo Abudu For Asking Artists To Sign 'slave Contract' by LesbianBoy(m): 6:33pm On Apr 08, 2016
God punish him for blasting her
Re: Kayode Ogundamisi Slams Mo Abudu For Asking Artists To Sign 'slave Contract' by Nobody: 6:33pm On Apr 08, 2016
This is an act of injustice, because he/she used your forum to achieve fame gives you no right to hold the person hostage till eternity. We are living like second class citizens in our own country, worse still, our slave traders are citizens.

At the end... who she epp?

5 Likes

Re: Kayode Ogundamisi Slams Mo Abudu For Asking Artists To Sign 'slave Contract' by datola: 6:34pm On Apr 08, 2016
It's their choice!

1 Like

Re: Kayode Ogundamisi Slams Mo Abudu For Asking Artists To Sign 'slave Contract' by 4nobody4every1: 6:36pm On Apr 08, 2016
cool
Re: Kayode Ogundamisi Slams Mo Abudu For Asking Artists To Sign 'slave Contract' by softvio(m): 6:37pm On Apr 08, 2016
This is the only sensible thing K.O have ever said .
Re: Kayode Ogundamisi Slams Mo Abudu For Asking Artists To Sign 'slave Contract' by DICKtator: 6:38pm On Apr 08, 2016
You would be amazed at the thousand people that would still be willing to sign such.

Unfortunately, you can't blame the desperate ones due to how harsh the economy is and how desperate they would be for success.

When the game ,money and success come,their eyes would now open and would want more money or want out of the contract but it would be too late.

That is how that Tawio's music label dealt with that Benue music legend that is also known to stay in Festac,that married a woman her name sounds like ana.l

grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Kayode Ogundamisi Slams Mo Abudu For Asking Artists To Sign 'slave Contract' by Nobody: 6:40pm On Apr 08, 2016
hmmmm...

that is why it is a contract sha...for d artiste to sign or not to sign..

dreamcome2ru
I saw ur mention o..but I have been banned from that particular section..
will reply u by 9pm when d ban expires.

1 Like

Re: Kayode Ogundamisi Slams Mo Abudu For Asking Artists To Sign 'slave Contract' by 4C2215131: 6:41pm On Apr 08, 2016
Akshow:
She put gun for their head to sign the contract by force

That you're intelligent enough to know the implication doesn't mean the next man would.

Let's stop condoning what is wrong!

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kayode Ogundamisi Slams Mo Abudu For Asking Artists To Sign 'slave Contract' by randomspy(f): 6:42pm On Apr 08, 2016
smh thats how must new artist contracts looks nowadays
Re: Kayode Ogundamisi Slams Mo Abudu For Asking Artists To Sign 'slave Contract' by 4C2215131: 6:43pm On Apr 08, 2016
justified19:
hmmmm...

that is why it is a contract sha...for d artiste to sign or not to sign..

She is taking advantage of the unemployment situation in the country just like other firm do. It is akin to psychological blackmail.

6 Likes

Re: Kayode Ogundamisi Slams Mo Abudu For Asking Artists To Sign 'slave Contract' by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 6:44pm On Apr 08, 2016
Capitalist woman. Many uneducated or desperate artistes would put pen into paper and be used, just because of fame.

6 Likes

Re: Kayode Ogundamisi Slams Mo Abudu For Asking Artists To Sign 'slave Contract' by danbrowndmf(m): 6:44pm On Apr 08, 2016
Thunderfire her with ebony with that contract cc softvio
Re: Kayode Ogundamisi Slams Mo Abudu For Asking Artists To Sign 'slave Contract' by modath(f): 6:45pm On Apr 08, 2016
charix:
I'm lying if I say I understand or care to know what this news is about. I'm only making this comment to mark my presence.

On topic: this old woman should focus on that channel. I tried watching it out of boredom for two days straight and nearly pulled out my beards in frustration. The programs are dull and get repeated twice a day. The only selling point the channel has is 'the spot' while the former glory 'Moments with Mo' is only a shell of its former self.

It's your beard? grin, Me, na my eyebrows + Lashes ..... I tried to support "local" biz & Ebuka but I gave up, e pass me!!

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kayode Ogundamisi Slams Mo Abudu For Asking Artists To Sign 'slave Contract' by Houseofglam7(f): 6:47pm On Apr 08, 2016
Heard she was a slave rider..... Didn't believe it

1 Like

Re: Kayode Ogundamisi Slams Mo Abudu For Asking Artists To Sign 'slave Contract' by Nobody: 6:48pm On Apr 08, 2016
4C2215131:

She is taking advantage of the unemployment situation in the country just like other firm do. It is akin to psychological blackmail.
I totally understand...

even some intelligent artiste would sign d contract cos thay are desperate..

d same way other firms use our graduates as "street marketers"

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Adorable Photo Of Rapper Wale's Daughter Repping Nigeria / "Even If I Get Pregnant..." - Tiwa Savage Hints At Second Baby In 2018 / Dammy Krane Apologizes For Blasting Wizkid On Social Media

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.