Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,827 members, 7,862,723 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 02:07 AM

Smart Adeyemi Defects To APC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Smart Adeyemi Defects To APC (343 Views)

Rex Onyeabor, Jonathan's ‎Campaign Manager Defects To APC / Smart Adeyemi Displays His APC Membership Card (pictured). / Smart Adeyemi Defects To APC, Says Buhari Is Doing Well (2) (3) (4)

(1)

Smart Adeyemi Defects To APC by wengerjay(m): 5:48pm On Apr 08, 2016
The former Chairman of the Senate Committee on Federal Capital Territory(FCT), Senator Smart Adeyemi, has defected from the Peoples Democratic Party(PDP) to the governing All Progressives Congress( APC).
Adeyemi, who had been in PDP for 12 years, said he shifted base to APC because Kogi West Senatorial District was neglected by the successive PDP administrations in the state.
He said it was the decision of the people of Kogi West to leave PDP for APC.
He said since politics was essentially local, he has no choice than to bow to the pressure of his people to dump PDP.
He said his defection had nothing to do with survival politics.
He said while in the Senate, he was one of those who criticized the PDP administration, especially the rising cases of corruption.
Adeyemi, who made the announcement at a briefing at his residence in Maitama District in Abuja, said Nigeria’s future is brighter under President Muhammadu Buhari.
The session was attended by Sen. Olubunmi Adetunmbi, Sen. Abu Ibrahim( a staunch ally of Buhari), Chief J.B. Arojojoye, and many supporters from Kogi West.
He said: “After due consultations with both local and national leaders across my state and the nation, we have come to the realization that we have to take a major decision for the best interest of our people. Politics is essentially local.
“Therefore, in the light of the sincerity and commitment of President Muhammadu Buhari, his strength of character and support of eminent personalities such as Baba Olusegun Obasanjo, the leader of men, Asiwaju Ahmed Bola Tinubu and the support of the leadership of the ruling party towards the reconstruction of the socio-economic fabrics of our nation, we have decided to defect to the All Progressives Congress( APC) today, being the 8th of April, 2016 by the grace of Almighty God.
“We hereby urge all our supporters and patriotic Nigerians to support the effect of a new socio-economic order of this administration.”
He explained why he chose to abandon for PDP.
He said: “While thanking the PDP for the opportunity of granting me a ticket for my two terms in office, it is soul depressing that for the past 12 years of our support in ensuring victory of the PDP in both governorship and presidential elections, Kogi West has nothing to show towards improving the standard of living of our people by successive Kogi PDP governors.
“This neglect and poor performance of the PDP resulted in anti-party reactions culminating in the victory of the APC in Kogi governorship election last year.”
He said his defection to APC had nothing to do with politics of survivalhttp://thenationonlineng.net/smart-adeyemi-defects-apc/
Re: Smart Adeyemi Defects To APC by Mynd44: 5:50pm On Apr 08, 2016

(1)

Senate Asks Executive To Include Lagos-calabar Rail Project / Funny But True, See Where Nigeria Is Today / Saraki: I Was Framed Because I Spoke Against Muslim Ticket

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.