Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,955 members, 7,810,646 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:41 PM

Rapist Escapes From Ogun Police Station (photo) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Rapist Escapes From Ogun Police Station (photo) (20259 Views)

Man Fleeing From Ogun SARS Dies Of Internal Bleeding After A Fall (Graphic Pics) / Fulani Herdsmen Strike In Ogun, Police Arrest Three With Arms / Pastor's Son Who Beheaded Girl For Rituals Escapes From Remand Home. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rapist Escapes From Ogun Police Station (photo) by dre11(m): 8:56pm On Apr 08, 2016
Afeez Hanafi

A suspected rapist, identified only as Tomiwa, aka Tommy , has escaped from the custody of the Sango-Ota Police Division, Ogun State.

The whereabouts of the suspected rapist, who was said to have escaped from the police custody on March 12, was still unknown as of Thursday, April 7.

Tomiwa and his gang members were reportedly notorious for rape and stealing in the Igbala Community of Sango-Ota.

PUNCH Metro learnt that Tomiwa, who had been on the run after he and his members gang-raped a girl in the area, was brought to the station by some youths on March 12.
He was said to have escaped from the police station on the same day while he was being taken to a cell.

Our correspondent, however, gathered that Tomiwa’s accomplices – Dekunle Lawal, Wale Alore, Sunday Salako, Peters Apata, Oyetunde Tolulope and one Ojere – were with the police, while one Rafiu and Umoru were at large.

A resident of the community, who did not want his name in print for fear of being hunted, said some policemen at the divison had frustrated efforts to rid the area of miscreants by releasing suspects whenever they were arrested.

He said, “The gang usually ambushed residents going to work at 5am, snatched their bags and raped them. A lot of girls have moved out of this community. We have arrested the suspects more than seven times and took them to the station, but the officers would collect money and release them.

“They are so confident that whenever we threaten them with police, they will say they will come back if they are arrested. They have been threatening our lives. Three weeks ago, they waylaid another 18-year-old girl while returning from work in the evening and raped her. We took Dekunle (Lawal), Tomiwa and Owolabi to the station two weeks ago as regards the incident. Tomiwa fled the station, while the two others were later released.”

It was learnt that the Area Commander of the Sango Area Command ordered that the miscreants be rearrested after the community petitioned the state Commissioner of Police, Abdulmajid Ali.

The petition, signed by a community elder, Pastor Ajayi Ibikunle, read in part, “They (suspects) always challenge ladies residing in the community and visitors coming into and going out of the community without any cause, be it early in the morning when people are going to work or at night when people are coming back from work.

“They snatch bags, rob people of their valuables and at the same time they rape ladies. These young men have gangs around the Alishiba, School 3 and Joju areas. They smoke and sell hemps.”

A victim, Joy, said she was returning home from a factory, where she worked when the gang attacked her. She said they collected her phone and salary before three of them took turns to rape her.

She said a policewoman assigned to investigate the case at the division demanded N20,000, adding that she let go of the case when she was insulted by the officer.

She said, “The IPO was one Martinda, and she told me to report back whenever I saw those guys. Around 1pm one day, I rushed back to the station and informed her, but she told us to raise N20,000 for their arrest.

“We later met with some other policemen there and they collected N2,000 after much pleading. We left the station around 3pm, but by the time we got to where I saw them, they had fled. I had forgone the matter until yesterday (Wednesday) when some of the men that raped me were arrested.”

A youth leader in the community, who spoke on condition of anonymity, urged the police to ensure that the suspects were prosecuted and the fleeing members arrested.

He said, “I want the police to charge them to court and ensure that they are duly prosecuted. They have been influencing younger ones negatively.”

The Ogun State Police Command Public Relations Officer, DSP Muyiwa Adejobi, said the suspects would be transferred to the Special Anti-Robbery Squad of the command for further investigation and assured the residents that the community would be “sanitised.”

He said, “The suspects were arrested for different offences, including rape, stealing and breach of the peace. But no suspect escaped from the station. The residents should rest assured that the community and others would be sanitised from hoodlums terrorising the areas. The suspects will be charged to court after investigation.”

http://www.punchng.com/suspected-rapist-escapes-from-ogun-police-station/

Pics: Sango-Ota division and Joy who is their latest victim

Re: Rapist Escapes From Ogun Police Station (photo) by marshalcarter: 9:00pm On Apr 08, 2016
undecided
Re: Rapist Escapes From Ogun Police Station (photo) by Slickest(m): 9:10pm On Apr 08, 2016
Nawa 4 naija police ooo.....

Criminals in uniforms

4 d niggaz dat get joy in raping innocent girls, well ena go born pikin, nd life will rape dem too...

5 Likes

Re: Rapist Escapes From Ogun Police Station (photo) by pet4ril(f): 9:18pm On Apr 08, 2016
All these yeye fowl police miscreant sef angry angry

1 Like

Re: Rapist Escapes From Ogun Police Station (photo) by ijustdey: 9:22pm On Apr 08, 2016
She said a policewoman assigned to investigate the case at the division demanded N20,000, adding that she let go of the case when she was insulted by the officer.

Police always demanding money to make any arrest

and someone will echo that police is your friend...

8 Likes

Re: Rapist Escapes From Ogun Police Station (photo) by Fmartin(m): 9:49pm On Apr 08, 2016
Rapping , kidnapping

hmmm......
Re: Rapist Escapes From Ogun Police Station (photo) by Lekan111(m): 11:25pm On Apr 08, 2016
You must pay Nigeria police for Arrest
investigation
statement
i think their salary should be reviewed for them to be our friend
Re: Rapist Escapes From Ogun Police Station (photo) by Nobody: 6:08am On Apr 09, 2016
OGUN and RAPE are like state and capital

1 Like

Re: Rapist Escapes From Ogun Police Station (photo) by Integrityfarms(m): 12:42pm On Apr 09, 2016
Prison Break!
Re: Rapist Escapes From Ogun Police Station (photo) by Ayoswit(f): 12:42pm On Apr 09, 2016
M
Re: Rapist Escapes From Ogun Police Station (photo) by odinese(m): 12:43pm On Apr 09, 2016
[size=16pt]always In the yor*ba communities that strange things Happen....

I tuale for them! [/size]

3 Likes

Re: Rapist Escapes From Ogun Police Station (photo) by IYANGBALI: 12:43pm On Apr 09, 2016
Ogun state babes are in twuobu be dat
Re: Rapist Escapes From Ogun Police Station (photo) by Ayoswit(f): 12:43pm On Apr 09, 2016
K
Re: Rapist Escapes From Ogun Police Station (photo) by kennyman2000(m): 12:44pm On Apr 09, 2016
Hmmmm.. Giant of Afica.
Re: Rapist Escapes From Ogun Police Station (photo) by Nobody: 12:45pm On Apr 09, 2016
h
Re: Rapist Escapes From Ogun Police Station (photo) by danasjoe1: 12:45pm On Apr 09, 2016
Eleyin gidi gan!!!!!!!I must get iron panties for my sisters,I can't afford to take chances..
Re: Rapist Escapes From Ogun Police Station (photo) by saintkel(m): 12:45pm On Apr 09, 2016
pet4ril:
All these yeye fowl police miscreant sef angry angry
Y not join d Nigerian police now u dey here d make noise
Re: Rapist Escapes From Ogun Police Station (photo) by Nobody: 12:45pm On Apr 09, 2016
This guy Don run go find more people to rape o.

smh

9ja police needs help. n

Recover snatched car dem no o fit. OK dem Don see motor, come and identify, dem de fear. OK , person still de una custody, dem no fit still secure dia police cell

in fact I tire

Re: Rapist Escapes From Ogun Police Station (photo) by danasjoe1: 12:47pm On Apr 09, 2016
Eleyin gidi gan!!!!!!!I must get iron panties for my sisters,I can't afford to take chances...
Re: Rapist Escapes From Ogun Police Station (photo) by steppin: 12:47pm On Apr 09, 2016
Backdoor things. They've released him and said he escaped.
Re: Rapist Escapes From Ogun Police Station (photo) by Nobody: 12:50pm On Apr 09, 2016
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Rapist Escapes From Ogun Police Station (photo) by hollandis(f): 12:50pm On Apr 09, 2016
In other countries,the face of the rspists are shown in the media ,in Nigeria, it is the other way round
Re: Rapist Escapes From Ogun Police Station (photo) by Godsate: 12:51pm On Apr 09, 2016
RadicallyBlunt:
I be confirm rapist too. Police no fit catch me grin

Are you trying to promote them ?

If what you are syaing is true, may God Judge you today.
Re: Rapist Escapes From Ogun Police Station (photo) by 9jatatafo(m): 12:51pm On Apr 09, 2016
Clispy notes must have changed hand. Season of change
Re: Rapist Escapes From Ogun Police Station (photo) by Emmahunk(m): 12:56pm On Apr 09, 2016
Slickest:
Nawa 4 naija police ooo.....

Criminals in uniforms

4 d niggaz dat get joy in raping innocent girls, well ena go born pikin, nd life will rape dem too...

I refuse to say Amen to that prayer. Let the heaven and the earth punish without mercy the offenders and NOT YET TO BE BORN INNOCENT CHILDREN.
Re: Rapist Escapes From Ogun Police Station (photo) by eleko1: 12:59pm On Apr 09, 2016
Police Magic.D more u Look,the less u see
Re: Rapist Escapes From Ogun Police Station (photo) by Nobody: 1:00pm On Apr 09, 2016
dem no escape...na police release dem.. undecided
Re: Rapist Escapes From Ogun Police Station (photo) by itunity007(m): 1:05pm On Apr 09, 2016
all d police in sango otta are very useless
Re: Rapist Escapes From Ogun Police Station (photo) by DaBullIT(m): 1:09pm On Apr 09, 2016
Really ?? Cos i just read about a 54 year old and 40 year old Igbo ingesting 50M worth of cocaine

and here on NL , i read about how Igbo boys killed a pastor for preaching to them to stop being gang members

My only disappointment to your comment is Police do not have a picture of that Tommy, i would have volunteered to circulate it myself

every bad egg must be destroyed
odinese:
[size=16pt]always In the yor*ba communities that strange things Happen....

I tuale for them! [/size]

2 Likes

Re: Rapist Escapes From Ogun Police Station (photo) by ceejay80s(m): 1:14pm On Apr 09, 2016
After una go say jungle justice no good, if to say the dem know dem for just burn dem instead of handing dem to the police
Re: Rapist Escapes From Ogun Police Station (photo) by pet4ril(f): 1:21pm On Apr 09, 2016
saintkel:
Y not join d Nigerian police now u dey here d make noise
join to do what in that contaminated field?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Policeman Breaks Driver’s Hand For Resisting Extortion At Wuse Market, Abuja / Police In Oyo Arrest Bank Worker & Four Others Over Alleged Plans To Rob A Bank / Ugandan Woman Feeds Step-Daughter Food Mixed With Her Menstrual Blood, Arrested

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.