Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,741 members, 7,851,554 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 10:35 PM

My Encounter With A Scammer Online - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Encounter With A Scammer Online (897 Views)

My Encounter With SARS Changed My Mentality - Fattkay / My Encounter With 'Dreaded' SARS Operatives In Lagos; Man Narrates His Ordeal / Father Raises Alarm After Sick Daughter Narrates Ritual Encounter With Herbalist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Encounter With A Scammer Online by shcash: 9:17pm On Apr 08, 2016
His name is - Karim Zakari (probably a fake name)

I often see junk mails in my email and don’t usually attend to them even if I read the contents, but I treated this one differently.
I decided to play along with this fraud star who called himself with a fake name “Karim Zakari” and claimed to be the Bill and Exchange (assistant) Manager' Bank of Africa Ouagadougou Burkina Faso. Here is how it started….

The first email he sent with this email id: cgbensenor@infovia.com.ar

As he expected, I replied him pretending to partake in the criminal act of his.
Few days after my reply he sent a very lengthy email asking for some details from me.

Then I replied him with fake details.

His next contact email was to alert me that; he changed his previous contact to a new one. {At this point you don’t need to be told that he is a fake! But I kept playing along with him….}

The next email of his was to request for more details as seen below; asking me to fill an official letter of claim form to fill and submit to the bank.

How can a bank send an official letter of claim in this format? This scammer must be a learner.

Now the scammer asked me to send “scan copy of my international passport or my identification card” immediately. Ok oooh, let me prepare a photo-shop copy for him and wait for the next trick!

The scammer is so despirate that with 24hours of my reply, he forwarded 10 questions for me to answer while pretending as if it was from the bank

Is it that cheap to interact with a bank in Bokina-Faso even with fake ID and the rest?
Bokina-Faso governments most see this scam tactis!
I forwarded back the email to him as if “I no no wetin I dey do!”, then he replied as below

Am just watching the fool to see his final tactics! I kept wondering how this will benefit him at the long run…

His next move was to send lenghty useless mail for "CHANGEING OF OWNERSHIP" which cost $1,860 Dollars.o now he wants me to transfer that amount to his account just like that! Ok, I asked him to send his account details (I will use the account info to track him down)

The idiot sent his account details as below;-

How can an official bank account number carry an individual’s name? Bank of Africa for that matter!
I have never seen a dumb scammer like this before.
I still want to gather more about this guy before I expose him to the authorities. I will ask him to send his Western Union Money Transfer details!

Boom! He sent it as well

His account details are:
BANK NAME: BANQUE COMMERCIALE DU BURKINA.
A/C NAME: M. SAWADOGO MAHAMADI.
CODE BANQUE: BF056.
CODE GUICHET: 02001.
NUMERO DE COMPTE: 34156041456.
CLE RIB: 96.
ADDRESS: PMB 1336 OUAGADOUGOU BURKINA FASO.
DOMICILIATION: B.C.B OUAGADOUGOU.
IBAN: BF 056 02001 34156041456 96.
CODE BIC: BNCFBFBFA.

His Western Union details are:
RECEIVER NAME: MARIAM ASSITA ZONGONA
QUESTION:OK
ANSWER :OK

So guys be smart! Be wise!
I hope this help a potential victim.....
Peace
Re: My Encounter With A Scammer Online by MARKone(m): 10:39pm On Apr 08, 2016
Well done OP. These guys just want to live off another man's sweat. Well anybody that falls for this is also culpable. People just need to be careful, and all these scammers should know that such ill gotten wealth, just like ritual money, doesn't last, easy come easy go.
Re: My Encounter With A Scammer Online by MARKone(m): 10:39pm On Apr 08, 2016
Well done OP. These guys just want to live of another man's sweat. Well anybody that falls for this is also culpable. People just need to be careful, and all these scammers should know that such ill gotten wealth, just like ritual money, doesn't last, easy come easy go.

(1) (Reply)

l / Nairabet Scam / 12-year-old Girl Live-streams Her Suicide After Alleging Sexual Abuse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.