Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,518 members, 7,958,572 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 05:33 PM

Bluehost Or Hostgator: Which Should I Go For? - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Bluehost Or Hostgator: Which Should I Go For? (9928 Views)

Bluehost Or Namecheap: Which One Should I Use To Host My Blogs / Use This Promo(coupon) Code On Hostgator And Enjoy 60% Discount ON NEW Hosting / *HOSTING/WEBHOSTING RENEWAL? We Pay for GODADDY, BLUEHOST, EHOST & HOSTGATOR etc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bluehost Or Hostgator: Which Should I Go For? by Samrano30: 10:24am On Apr 09, 2016
kaziblake:
And you want 9ja to grow
How does that affect growth...wakeup bae
Re: Bluehost Or Hostgator: Which Should I Go For? by kaziblake(f): 10:28am On Apr 09, 2016
Samrano30:
Go and sleep undecided
Re: Bluehost Or Hostgator: Which Should I Go For? by WebclickNG: 10:28am On Apr 09, 2016
I will suggest you go for namecheap.com The other two are one and the same
Re: Bluehost Or Hostgator: Which Should I Go For? by dotcomnamename: 10:36am On Apr 09, 2016
[size=20pt]Siteground is the best.[/size]
Re: Bluehost Or Hostgator: Which Should I Go For? by Bullet1234(m): 11:21am On Apr 09, 2016
petkoffdrake2:
I wish to b a blogger one day.... But no cash embarassed

I envy u bloggers
What's ur email address?
Re: Bluehost Or Hostgator: Which Should I Go For? by Topmaike007(m): 11:38am On Apr 09, 2016
Samrano30:
Mr wake up when you host on their platform is it not their country that they will spend the money on... Bro i rep my country.... Made in naija na baba
Re: Bluehost Or Hostgator: Which Should I Go For? by Samrano30: 11:41am On Apr 09, 2016
Topmaike007:
Mr wake up when you host on their platform is it not their country that they will spend the money on... Bro i rep my country.... Made in naija na baba
U guys dnt get something right...no time to argue
Re: Bluehost Or Hostgator: Which Should I Go For? by Samrano30: 11:42am On Apr 09, 2016
kaziblake:
Go and sleep undecided
LOL...be polite
Re: Bluehost Or Hostgator: Which Should I Go For? by Nobody: 11:49am On Apr 09, 2016
Create the blog first. Your host(blogger or WordPress) will help you decide.
Re: Bluehost Or Hostgator: Which Should I Go For? by petkoffdrake2(m): 12:07pm On Apr 09, 2016
Bullet1234:

What's ur email address?

Petkoffdrake@gmail.com
Re: Bluehost Or Hostgator: Which Should I Go For? by twosquare(m): 12:13pm On Apr 09, 2016
Samrano30:
Foreign always best bro...go for quality not quantity
Not always best....I've tried both and I'm going with local for a reason. I love the foreign in times past, but I discovered that most are overhyped...hosting via local stuff makes sense
Re: Bluehost Or Hostgator: Which Should I Go For? by Bullet1234(m): 12:14pm On Apr 09, 2016
petkoffdrake2:

Petkoffdrake@gmail.com
will send u an email now
Re: Bluehost Or Hostgator: Which Should I Go For? by Donkenzy47(m): 12:24pm On Apr 09, 2016
2sexycom:
My brother, just stick with BlueHost. Hostgator is a NIGHTMARE!. You could just wake up one day and all your works has been disappeared into the tin air.

Thanks for your reply, but please why do you say HostGator is a NIGHTMARE? Have you had any serious problem with them before?
Re: Bluehost Or Hostgator: Which Should I Go For? by petkoffdrake2(m): 12:26pm On Apr 09, 2016
Bullet1234:
will send u an email now

But what for? I no even own a laptop to blog with.... Talk more of modem. So I know nothing yet about blogging, I just wish I am a blogger... I love things about internet, i want to learn
Re: Bluehost Or Hostgator: Which Should I Go For? by Donkenzy47(m): 12:28pm On Apr 09, 2016
kingthreat:
My Whogohost.com gives me 99% server uptime. Foreign hosts are great sha just that with the recent price of Dollar, its OYO ooo. Cant afford to be paying close to 30k a year on hosting when I can also get it for 6k.

But I have a friend who was hosting his blog on Whogohost, and after a year or so he abandoned the host and switched over to blogger. Although i dont know his reason for thhat anyway.
Re: Bluehost Or Hostgator: Which Should I Go For? by Donkenzy47(m): 12:34pm On Apr 09, 2016
webincomeplus:
No doubt, both are great companies. But bear in mind that most reviews you'll find online were written by shills who want to promote their own affiliate links.

I've been with Hostgator since 2013, and I've had no single issue with them. I have over 10 sites on my Baby plan, and their service and uptime have been outstanding. They keep backups for free and their support staff are responsive. And unlike Bluehost, they allow for monthly payment, which I've always opted for.

As for Bluehost, I've never used them, but I've read a lot of good reviews about them, mostly written by affiliate marketers.

One thing I know for sure about both companies is that they have a strict approval policy against Nigerians. So, signing up with them using a Nigerian ATM card can be a big issue because they'll request for stuffs like a photo of the ATM card and a scanned copy of your government-issued ID.

And just so you know, their services ain't cheap! Get ready to spend at least N22000 per annum.

Thanks, but concerning the verification stuff, what if i dont have any government issued id card? My National Id card isnt ready and there is no assurance it will be ready in the next 5years.
Re: Bluehost Or Hostgator: Which Should I Go For? by Donkenzy47(m): 12:37pm On Apr 09, 2016
jonnyboy4u:
Please forget foreign hosts. QServers.net will give you better value for your money.

@N2,000 for 1GB hosting.

Thanks, its quite cheap, but that is not what am considering but quality.
Re: Bluehost Or Hostgator: Which Should I Go For? by Donkenzy47(m): 12:41pm On Apr 09, 2016
Emmerlee:
I've been with bluehost since 2009 (vps hosting) but had to abandon them recently for godaddy due to several recent process hang and other uptime issues.

I also have about 6 websites hosted at whogohost and so far the performance has been above average for the past 2+ years. If I were you I'd stay away from bluehost for now unless you want to do shared hosting.

Thank you very much much, but from some informations i got online, godaddy has one of the worst hosting reviews online. they seem to only be good in domain name registrafion.
Re: Bluehost Or Hostgator: Which Should I Go For? by Donkenzy47(m): 12:44pm On Apr 09, 2016
BizBloke:
Hostgator (based on experience for about 7 years now). Just one or two downtimes ever.

Not used BlueHost so can't give you accurate info on that but reviews and top bloggers I follow say they're good.

I think you should get a notepad and pen and do an analysis of the pros and cons. Then, follow your heart.

Thank you very much, i really love that, Hostgator seems to be better but recently some customers complain of their support no being good.
Re: Bluehost Or Hostgator: Which Should I Go For? by Donkenzy47(m): 12:50pm On Apr 09, 2016
DExplorer1:
Bluehost plan is better for blogs. They're integrated to other ads platforms like Facebook, Google AdWords etc and on hosting your blog, you get free ads unit/credit to run free ads. Whether you're on blogger or WordPress (which is their major partner) you're in good hands.

Hostgator is for resellers and more commercial websites. Its plan is not that blog friendly.

Thanks, but can you shed more light on this being integrated with ads, buying hosting from tfrom them means am paying for everything and they shouldnt be advergising on my blog. or will they be paying for such ads? and i actuactually plan on installing wordpress on it and start a blog.
Re: Bluehost Or Hostgator: Which Should I Go For? by kingthreat(m): 12:52pm On Apr 09, 2016
Donkenzy47:

But I have a friend who was hosting his blog on Whogohost, and after a year or so he abandoned the host and switched over to blogger. Although i dont know his reason for thhat anyway.

I had some problems with whogohost this year on 2 different sites. God thing is that they resolved it happily. i cant say they are better than foreign hosts but for a Nigeian host, they are trying
Re: Bluehost Or Hostgator: Which Should I Go For? by 2sexycom(m): 12:56pm On Apr 09, 2016
Donkenzy47:

Thanks for your reply, but please why do you say HostGator is a NIGHTMARE? Have you had any serious problem with them before?
since that company was acquired some years ago, it's image has been reduced to a shadow of its old self.
Re: Bluehost Or Hostgator: Which Should I Go For? by BizBloke(m): 2:09pm On Apr 09, 2016
Donkenzy47:

Thank you very much, i really love that, Hostgator seems to be better but recently some customers complain of their support no being good.

You're welcome.

I've never had any problem with her support though; as I type, she still powers my blog and my sites. Use chat to connect with them or just go to your portal and open a ticket.

Success!
Re: Bluehost Or Hostgator: Which Should I Go For? by Topmaike007(m): 2:16pm On Apr 09, 2016
Samrano30:
U guys dnt get something right...no time to argue
OK what do you Mean
Re: Bluehost Or Hostgator: Which Should I Go For? by Samrano30: 2:22pm On Apr 09, 2016
Topmaike007:
OK what do you Mean
Bro i told u already, no time to argue.
Re: Bluehost Or Hostgator: Which Should I Go For? by webincomeplus(m): 5:01pm On Apr 09, 2016
Donkenzy47:

Thanks, but concerning the verification stuff, what if i dont have any government issued id card? My National Id card isnt ready and there is no assurance it will be ready in the next 5years.
Unfortunately, if you don't have an ID, you'll get stuck. So, your best bet is to go with a host that has a more straightforward sign up process. I would recommend e-host. Use the discount link (my affiliate link) on howtocreateablog.org.
Re: Bluehost Or Hostgator: Which Should I Go For? by Emmerlee(m): 7:34pm On Apr 09, 2016
Donkenzy47:

Thank you very much much, but from some informations i got online, godaddy has one of the worst hosting reviews online. they seem to only be good in domain name registrafion.

Hey man, well for me time shall tell.. I decided to move my sites to Godaddy hosting because of the reviews I got from other big users including my company's developer. I think online reviews can sometimes be deceptive as affiliates try to hype their offers berate others to make money.

Only time shall tell whether or not I made the right choice - though it's been great so far in the last couple of weeks. Breaking free from bluehost's frequent downtimes was a huge relief for me.
Re: Bluehost Or Hostgator: Which Should I Go For? by DExplorer1: 8:05pm On Apr 09, 2016
Donkenzy47:

Thanks, but can you shed more light on this being integrated with ads, buying hosting from tfrom them means am paying for everything and they shouldnt be advergising on my blog. or will they be paying for such ads? and i actuactually plan on installing wordpress on it and start a blog.

There's really no ads placed on your blog. Your hosting package with bluehost comes with about $50 for ads on social platforms.
Re: Bluehost Or Hostgator: Which Should I Go For? by Sharmeenator(m): 8:21pm On Apr 09, 2016
And you think your hosting service is better than blue host or hosgator? Where is your data center and how big is it? Who is hosting you cos I know u don't have the facilities to host yourself?
MrAlozie:

Hello Donkenzy47,

If you'd be interested in a more solid uptime at an extremely cheap price then take a look at what we've in stock for you.

Now N2,500 per year Only!!! Get 5GB Large Disk Space, 50GB Bandwidth, Unlimited Email Accounts, Unlimited Databases, Unlimited Sub-domains, Unlimited FTP Accounts and More Unlimited Features with Free DDoS Protection, Free Unlimited SSL Certificates, Free Website Migration Assistance, Attracta SEO Tools, Softaculous, Cloudflare CDN, 100% Uptime, 24/7 Customer Support, 30 day Money Back Guarantee. Get all & even more for Only N2,500 per year!

We guarantee a rock solid 100% Uptime!

KINDLY CHECK MY SIGNATURE BELOW FOR OUR WEBSITE

Re: Bluehost Or Hostgator: Which Should I Go For? by odunlat: 4:59pm On Nov 02, 2017
foro your own good, use Whogohost. I have beeen using them for a while now http:///2go3Z8x

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Withdraw Payoneer And Paypal Funds Into Nigerian Local Bank Account / 8 Reasons Why Blogging Is The Best Online Business / I Want To Start An Olx Like Websitee Please Suggest Good Naija Host

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.