Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,825 members, 7,820,902 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:33 AM

AGATU: My Heart Bleeds On Killing Of The People - Mark At 68 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / AGATU: My Heart Bleeds On Killing Of The People - Mark At 68 (363 Views)

Babatunde Osotimehin Is Dead. Ex-Minister Of Health Dies At 68 / Femi Fani-kayode Slams Osinbajo Over Silence On Killing Of Christians.. / Buhari Meets With David Mark At The State House.pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

AGATU: My Heart Bleeds On Killing Of The People - Mark At 68 by Fmartin(m): 8:32am On Apr 09, 2016
Former Senate President David Mark, who turned 68 years yesterday, has pledged to continue to serve God and devote the rest of his life to the less privileged in the society.

He spoke at a thanksgiving service to mark the occasion.
But it was devoid of fanfare in solidarity with the people of his constituents –the Agatus- who were recently massacred by Fulani herdsmen.

Mark’s spokesman, Paul Mumeh, quoted the senator as saying: “My heart bleeds when I see my people massacred in Agatu. I am saddened that suddenly our people became refugees in their homes.

“I pray that peace returns as soon as possible so that the survivors and all the displaced people scattered in various internally displaced persons (IDPs) camps return to their homes.”
He urged the state and Federal Governments to “do everything possible to resettle the beleaguered Agatu people.”
He added: ”We must do all we can to live in peace in Nigeria. I earnestly crave for a crime-free society where all citizens are free to pursue their legitimate ambitions anywhere without molestation.”

Mark said it was only in a peaceful environment that meaningful development could be achieved.
He added that as a part of his dedication to God, he had forgiven all those who offended him in one way or the other.

http://thenationonlineng.net/agatu-killings-heart-bleeds-people-massacred-says-mark-68-2/
Re: AGATU: My Heart Bleeds On Killing Of The People - Mark At 68 by Ehiscotch(m): 9:29am On Apr 09, 2016
Thanks for being the worst thing (representative) to happen to the Idoma nation. But are you 68, really?
Only the few gullible ones in the Idoma land praise you.

(1) (Reply)

As President,which Young Nigeria Should Make My Cabinet, And Suggested Portfolio / Tribute For Slain Uniport Protesting Student (listen And Download) / When Is Fayose Following Pmb To Usa?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.