Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,649 members, 7,861,997 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 05:17 AM

Blind Man Files For Divorce After 32yrs On Discovering His Wife Is Black - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Blind Man Files For Divorce After 32yrs On Discovering His Wife Is Black (1548 Views)

Couple Divorce After 10 Months Of Lavish Wedding With Money Spraying Machine / My Husband Wants Divorce After Taking My Late Husband’s Possessions – Wife / "My Husband Uses ‘Aboniki’ Balm As Lubricant" – Woman Files For Divorce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Blind Man Files For Divorce After 32yrs On Discovering His Wife Is Black by Nobody: 9:42am On Apr 09, 2016
For not revealing in the last 32-years of their marriage that she is an African American, a Texas based blind man has filed for a divorce with his wife at the Travis County Courthouse because she is black.
The 59-year old blind man John Paul Davis accused his wife, 56-year old Latoyah Johnson, of taking advantage of his handicap condition to “dishonestly and fraudulently make him believe that she was Caucasian”.

John claims that his wife knew that he would never have accepted to marry her if he “had known that she was black”, and consciously hid her origin from him for more than 30 years.

“This perfidious and treacherous woman abused my generosity and good nature for more than 30 years, by pretending to be someone else,” Mr Davis told reporters. “I only learned that she was black three weeks ago, when a friend told me. She let me believe during all these years that she was white, so she could profit from me. She’s a despicable fraud! She should be jailed for what she did!”
On her part, Ms Johnson says that she made no effort to hide her skin colour, and that she thought he had been aware of it during those years while also refuting her husband’s allegations of lying an abusing his confidence.

“I don’t think he ever actually asked me if I was black, but I was convinced that he knew,” she told the Texas Herald. “It’s not like I ever pretended to be white! And I’m the one who pays everything, who does his laundry and cooks for him… I don’t see how he can say that I took advantage of him. I’m the victim here… I’ve spent 32 years of my life, taking care of a racist jerk.”
The development has already generated a lot of reaction, both from the audience inside the courthouse and on the social media.

While some people simply noted that the couple visibly had some communication problems, others openly sided with Ms Johnson, calling her husband a “slowpoke”, a “racist pig”, and many other colourful names.

Unless the parties reach an improbable agreement, the controversial case will be taken to the court again on the 25th of April 25 2016.

Read more here: http://todaynewsreview..com.ng/2016/04/blind-man-files-for-divorce-after-32yrs.html
Re: Blind Man Files For Divorce After 32yrs On Discovering His Wife Is Black by domopps(m): 9:45am On Apr 09, 2016
Scam!

Cheeeers
Re: Blind Man Files For Divorce After 32yrs On Discovering His Wife Is Black by CaptainPlanet(m): 9:54am On Apr 09, 2016
undecided Pure racism....whats wrong with d black woman....cwszy man...when u were accessing her harddrive..u didn't know how black it felt...
Re: Blind Man Files For Divorce After 32yrs On Discovering His Wife Is Black by bukatyne(f): 10:00am On Apr 09, 2016
The husband is obviously handicapped physically & mentally.

2 Likes

Re: Blind Man Files For Divorce After 32yrs On Discovering His Wife Is Black by Dojupyo(f): 10:04am On Apr 09, 2016
Like the lady above me said... Lemme add this "He's just physically, emotionally, financially, mentally and Spiritually Handicapped...

He should be grateful that his wife stood by him all this while..
After thirty two years of marriage? Now this is while, its good to marry one who knows and love God.. For the sake of God, and His Love, the marriage would last..

He's indeed a " racist jerk" angry
Re: Blind Man Files For Divorce After 32yrs On Discovering His Wife Is Black by jashar(f): 10:19am On Apr 09, 2016
grin
the good thing about the issue is she can also sue him back. Abi na America dem dey?
Re: Blind Man Files For Divorce After 32yrs On Discovering His Wife Is Black by EfemenaXY: 7:13pm On Apr 09, 2016
So for 32 years, no one mentioned to this man that his wife is black? No comment from his family, friends, and /or people who share his racist views?

Hard to believe.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Help / Is It Right For Wife Or Girlfriend To Know Everything About Her Man?? / The Sayana Press Magic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.