Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,692 members, 7,809,612 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:57 AM

Extramarital Affair - The Warning Signs Before Getting Stuck - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Extramarital Affair - The Warning Signs Before Getting Stuck (10445 Views)

Three (3) Financial Moves To Make Before Getting Married / Things To Know Before Getting Married! / Why Do Men Think Their Extramarital Affairs Are Ok? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Extramarital Affair - The Warning Signs Before Getting Stuck by Nobody: 11:49am On Aug 01, 2009
This is one unique article I've written on how a person can slip into an extramarital affair - sometimes without realising it. Let me start by saying a statement: unless you have little morals or conscience, I can safely bet that no one wants to be involved in an affair intentionally.

It always follows the same pattern, the same signs that you don't pay much attention to - the same signs to supposedly show you that you are on your way to be caught in a dangerous emotional rip. Even so, these signs are sometimes too easy to overlook and before you know it you are stuck;

And when you finally realise, getting out will not be an easy task as it involves breaking someone's heart - including yours. So how can you be made aware of the extramarital affair danger? Read on to see the warning signs.

Most affairs begin when a person starts having some kind of connection with someone else other than their spouse. This can start anywhere: in the office, the regular social group, basically anywhere a person can create a friendship with someone else - whether or not attraction exists at this stage. This is not yet dangerous in any way - conscience and logic are still in place.

When a friendship that has formed moves into a closer friendship that's when the first sign of emotional affair comes to surface. More stories will be shared and before you know it, intimate stories including problems with your spouse will also be included in your conversation topic with your so-called close friend.

Now before we go any further, realise that a close friend - no matter how close is not your spouse. I can bet again that this friend has not had a chance to show most of his/her bad habits and behaviour; and to be honest you know this person mostly based on his/her words rather than action.

"This is what I would do, ", "In my opinion a guy should, ", "I would personally disagree with your spouse, " etc.

Before you know it, you start comparing your spouse with your friend - and this is starting to get dangerous. You may already be emotionally involved with your friend to some degree - but of course you still have your conscience and extramarital affair may still be out of the picture.

Finally, things become very dangerous when deeper emotional sharing occurs. This leads to emotional affair - a feeling of closeness and understood. You start fantasizing about your friend - not necessarily in a sexual way, but rather idealising him/her in your head - 'what if I have a husband/wife like that, '.

At this stage your conscience is slowly being eaten away by your feeling of 'being loved once again' or 'finding a soul mate a little late'. This, together with the excitement rush will pull you down so quickly into the emotional extramarital affair rip.

Before long, given a good atmosphere somebody will cross the physical line with a kiss or even the hand holding. If the situation permits this may lead to a sexual act - and yes it is a hundred times worse than a one-night-stand as it involves deep emotional intimacy.

It is then too hard to stop,

Ok wake up! I've written the above to show you extramarital affairs does NOT just magically happen. It comes with patterns, signs those are easily overlooked to make you believe that it's part of your destiny. Being aware of those signs will certainly put more logic in your head, arming you with more weapon against the affair.

Remember though, no matter how much you are armed everyone is vulnerable of falling into this emotional rut. Do not overestimate yourself as even you - yes YOU - are just as vulnerable to this as anyone else. Do not think that 'it will never happen between us' as you don't know what your emotions are capable of.

Pay attention, and be aware of boundaries.

5 Likes

Re: Extramarital Affair - The Warning Signs Before Getting Stuck by jamace(m): 7:48am On Aug 03, 2009
True talk. Thanks.
Re: Extramarital Affair - The Warning Signs Before Getting Stuck by samparian(m): 8:30am On Aug 03, 2009
Right on the money
Re: Extramarital Affair - The Warning Signs Before Getting Stuck by anthonyevans: 3:19pm On Jun 15, 2013
[b][/b][color=#000099][/color]
jamace: True talk. Thanks.
that is right
Re: Extramarital Affair - The Warning Signs Before Getting Stuck by Miraclebaby1109: 7:44pm On Jun 15, 2013
This is undiluted truth, Thanks for the eye opening...Thumbs up
Re: Extramarital Affair - The Warning Signs Before Getting Stuck by vicoson(m): 4:38pm On Jun 16, 2013
so true. But this has come a little too late. thanks anyway.

(1) (Reply)

Can I Make Entry In Any Welfare Office In Nigeria? / Does Your Husband Complain About Your Cooking? Share Your Experience. / Opinion Poll: Cooking In A Host's House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.