Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,604 members, 7,823,623 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:34 PM

Kanye West New King Of Pop - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Kanye West New King Of Pop (884 Views)

PHOTOS: Shocking Cover Of Kanye West New Album / Illuminati Again: See Kanye West’s New Album Title And Cover Insulting Jesus / D'banj Featured In 'Mercy' Kanye West's New Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kanye West New King Of Pop by dammizz(m): 1:00pm On Aug 01, 2009
KANYE WEST NEW KING OF POPKanye West thinks he can fill the void left by Michael Jackson and become the next 'King of Pop'.

Kanye West wants to become the next Michael Jackson.

The 'Love Lockdown' star believes he is capable of ascending to the musical throne the 'King of Pop' has left following his death in June.

Kanye told Scrape TV: "You know everyone loves and respects Michael but times change. It's so sad to see Michael gone but it makes a path for a new 'King of Pop' and I'm willing to take that on.

"There's nobody who can match me in sales and so it only makes sense for me to take over Michael's crown and become the new 'King'."

The hip-hop star also likened himself to another 'King' - Elvis Presley.

He said: "First there was Elvis, then there was Michael, now in the 21st century it is Kanye's time to rule.

"I have nothing but respect for Michael but someone needs to pick up where he left off and there's nobody better than me to do that. I am the new King of Pop."

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/article/kanye-west-new-king-of-pop_1111439

Kanye West is someone I respect so much and he truly deserves being King for much Success he'd achieved since he'd started music, but does he really deserve being the "King of Pop" after releasing just one Pop album (808's and Heartbreak)?
Re: Kanye West New King Of Pop by Nobody: 1:18pm On Aug 01, 2009
dammizz:

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/article/kanye-west-new-king-of-pop_1111439

Kanye West is someone I respect so much and he truly deserves being King for much Success he'd achieved since he'd started music, but does he really deserve being the "King of Pop" after releasing just one Pop album (808's and Heartbreak)?

Quote me anytime, that 808's album is a classical; a set of songs new generations are going to listen in 20 years time and say "wow, who did that".
However, alot of forces are against him due to his truthful yet arrogant stands.
Re: Kanye West New King Of Pop by shotster50(m): 10:32pm On Aug 01, 2009
Kanye just posted on his website that he never claimed that title. He is just a good target for shitty rumours.
Re: Kanye West New King Of Pop by mrmetoo1: 10:45pm On Aug 01, 2009
If he did say all that, then I would have said it was one of the dumbest thing he has ever said but he didn't

http://www.kanyeuniversecity.com/blog/?em3106=237710_-1__0_~0_-1_8_2009_0_0&em3298=&em3282=&em3281=&em3161=
Re: Kanye West New King Of Pop by chiogo(f): 11:44pm On Aug 01, 2009
He refuted the claims. Just an impostor tryna tarnish his image. LOL
Re: Kanye West New King Of Pop by bootycall(f): 2:11am On Aug 02, 2009
Good for him he did not say that,else grin
Re: Kanye West New King Of Pop by Nobody: 4:35am On Aug 03, 2009
Hey, look around who else can fill that void if not kanye? Talking about 808's, that was a "classic".
Re: Kanye West New King Of Pop by platinumnk(f): 4:57am On Aug 03, 2009
808's was the best album of 2008 hands down cool
Re: Kanye West New King Of Pop by dammizz(m): 4:08pm On Aug 03, 2009
Yummy! It was a great album and I liked it.
I wonder what the album would be like without the effect of Autotune. The dude sure knws how to use the auotune.
Kanye is a guy I like so very much but the absence of originality in the song disqualifies the him from being the King of Pop from my own point of view. I didnt mean to be harsh anywayz.
And for those of u who thought he couldnt say so, Kanye is so proud that he can say anything. He's got that special pride in him. I love his huge "Ego" sha
Re: Kanye West New King Of Pop by TOYOSI20(f): 5:33pm On Aug 03, 2009
kanye is KANYE, . . .hes cocky, different, and unique, he is great at what he does, and he has a huge fan base, . . . . . .

he is very original, i knew this when i first heard his song through the wire way back then, he is good for hip hop,. . . .
Re: Kanye West New King Of Pop by khanye(m): 5:46pm On Aug 03, 2009
TOYOSI20:

kanye is KANYE, . . .hes cocky, different, and unique, he is great at what he does, and he has a huge fan base, . . . . . .

he is very original, i knew this when i first heard his song through the wire way back then, he is good for hip hop,. . . .

Thank you cool
Re: Kanye West New King Of Pop by TOYOSI20(f): 6:08pm On Aug 03, 2009
khanye:

Thank you cool

U welcome darl, . . . wink cheesy
Re: Kanye West New King Of Pop by eldee(m): 9:48am On Aug 04, 2009
What's wrong with wanting to be the next King of Pop??
Is that what every artiste is aiming for??

Abeg . . . he's the biggest popstar of our time, I fully support him . . . even if he's not bold enough to admit it.
Re: Kanye West New King Of Pop by platinumnk(f): 5:37pm On Aug 04, 2009
King of pop, no way, thats disrepectful to MJ undecided
Re: Kanye West New King Of Pop by khanye(m): 5:44pm On Aug 04, 2009
platinumnk:

King of pop, no way, thats disrepectful to MJ undecided

What do you mean
Re: Kanye West New King Of Pop by FBS: 11:42am On Aug 05, 2009
There can be only one King. wink
Re: Kanye West New King Of Pop by shadyBaba: 3:03pm On Aug 05, 2009
KANYE IS THE "KING OF POP" wether he proclaims it or not. we have somany rap haevyweights so it's healthy for him to find space elsewhere. "how could u be so dr evil, u bringing out a side of him he doesn't know"[

(1) (Reply)

All 4 Grin / Ideas For A 30 Minutes Radio Show / Jazzy Jones - E Jo Funmi (official Single) Feat Wizkid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.