Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,928 members, 7,828,214 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:32 AM

Secret US Document Reveals Governor Ayo Fayose's Sins - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Secret US Document Reveals Governor Ayo Fayose's Sins (794 Views)

Wizkid's Son, Zion Ayo-Balogun, Welcomes Him As He Arrives UK Airport (Photos) / Nationwide Protest: Nigerians Open 2face Idibia's Stinking 'book Of Sins' / Secret US Document Reveals Governor Ayo Fayose's Sins (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Secret US Document Reveals Governor Ayo Fayose's Sins by youngsahito(m): 10:45pm On Apr 09, 2016
– Governor Ayodele Fayose of Ekiti state was barred from getting a visa to enter America
– The existing visas of his wife and sons were also recommended to be cancelled
– The measures were taken shortly after the governor was accused of corruption, political violence and abuse of authority
According to the classified document obtained by Sahara Reporters, Ayodele Fayose, the governor of Ekiti state, as well as his family was banned from entering the United States of America in 2009.

The document showed that the US Embassy denied Ayodele Fayose entrance into the country following his impeachment in 2006. The visa of his wife Feyisetan Helen Olayemi Fayose valid until February 2010 was recommended to be cancelled.

Among other members of the governor’s family subjected to the 2009 visa ban were his three sons, Oluwajomiloju John Fayose (born on February 18, 1992), Ayorogbayimika Mine Fayose (born August 1, 1995) and Chukwuemeka Boluwatife Fayose (born November 5, 1997).
All of them had their valid visas with the expiration date of July 27, 2010, annuled. An interagency committee at the US Mission in Nigeria reportedly requested President Barack Obama to invoke Presidential Proclamation 7750 (PP7750) to declare Mr Fayose ineligible for a visa.
Besides, the document specified that Mr Fayose had stolen up to $81 million from the coffers of Ekiti state during his tenure as governor. He was accused of political violence, corrupt elections, fraud, bribery, assasination and more. Currently, it is still unclear whether the visa ban remains in force.

Responding to Sahara Reporters message to comment on the report Mr Fayose wrote: “My family was in the US last summer. I have only been to the US only twice in my life. During my trial by EFCC between 2007 and 2014, in 2009 the court [asked] that my passport be deposited with the court. I approached the American Embassy for renewal [and they] said I can come back after the trial. I have since won my case at the Ado Ekiti Federal High Court in 2014, which discharged and acquitted me. I have not approached the US Embassy since then.”
More details at Sahara Reporters.

https://www.naij.com/793916-fayose-barred-entering-america-corruption-political-assasinations.html?source=category_latest_page

Re: Secret US Document Reveals Governor Ayo Fayose's Sins by temblor(m): 11:16pm On Apr 09, 2016
Idiat tongue
Re: Secret US Document Reveals Governor Ayo Fayose's Sins by Escodeb(m): 12:04am On Apr 10, 2016
Well
Re: Secret US Document Reveals Governor Ayo Fayose's Sins by cutestcee: 12:14am On Apr 10, 2016
APC trying so hard to find dirt on this man! undecided
Keep digging, u might just end up finding gold grin
Re: Secret US Document Reveals Governor Ayo Fayose's Sins by Escodeb(m): 12:33am On Apr 10, 2016
cutestcee:
APC trying so hard to find dirt on this man! undecided
Keep digging, u might just end up finding gold grin
lol

1 Like

Re: Secret US Document Reveals Governor Ayo Fayose's Sins by alexlee50: 10:00am On Apr 10, 2016
Rubbish, what is the big deal about going to the u.s?

(1) (Reply)

Married Jhene Aiko Steps Out With Rumoured 'lover' At An Event / [PHOTOS] 10 Nigerian Celebrities Who Rocked Matching Outfits With Their Kids / MUD Cosmetics Boss, Onyinye Carter Cradles Her Baby In Beautiful New Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.