Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,740 members, 7,820,548 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:57 PM

Fuel Scarcity- We Are Close To The Solution-kachikwu - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel Scarcity- We Are Close To The Solution-kachikwu (20618 Views)

Blame PENGASSAN And Not Gov't For The Fuel Scarcity We Are Experiencing [Opinion / Ozubulu Church Killings: We Are Close To Arresting The Gunman - Obiano / Kachikwu Disagrees With Amaechi At FG Town Hall (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fuel Scarcity- We Are Close To The Solution-kachikwu by otokx(m): 11:20am On Apr 10, 2016
DPR needs to employ more inspectors, Mobil petrol station opposite UniPORT got product yesterday and sold for just 2 hours then stopped.

We Nigerians should stop being greedy and evil at the same time then turn around to blame Buhari and APC.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Scarcity- We Are Close To The Solution-kachikwu by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:22am On Apr 10, 2016
Achuwa1:
Why u lots spew jargons eludes me, and you will claim to be educated o. Where does crude oil for illegal 'local' refining come from? ohhhhh Vandalisation of crude oil pipelines i guess. BTW, Who is the Group Managing director of NNPC?

do u have ur money & can u finance it if i give u contact on how u could lift crude.my friend,u don't need to break pipeline to get crude but i will still advise the govt to issue licenses to ppl to lift crude for local refining.
stop saying things u don't know & yes they should legalize it then forget paying subsidy to the said cabal coz NNPC cannot meet our demands all,alone.

We can not legalize local Crude refining, due to the management of waste products. That is even more harmful than the lack of Petroleum Products.

What we need is for Ibe Kachikwu and the President to do a thorough review of the proposals for over 20 modular refineries.

These companies are ready to work. Review their proposals fast and license them. This will ease a lot of pressure on the NNPC and give this government time to set up refineries.

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity- We Are Close To The Solution-kachikwu by tabisegroup(m): 11:23am On Apr 10, 2016
u people are speaking grammar.. all i want is petrol! by all means !
Re: Fuel Scarcity- We Are Close To The Solution-kachikwu by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:26am On Apr 10, 2016
otokx:
DPR needs to employ more inspectors, Mobil petrol station opposite UniPORT got product yesterday and sold for just 2 hours then stopped.

We Nigerians should stop being greedy and evil at the same time then turn around to blame Buhari and APC.

We preach a lot on Austerity measures in this time but we are not taking the necessary steps.

We need more inspectors. Not just for filling stations but for monitoring the pipelines.

I think the Federal Government should reduce the fraction of salaries paid to the inspectors to give more room for more employment.

Monitoring is a key part of project success.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity- We Are Close To The Solution-kachikwu by kelvinovie(m): 11:41am On Apr 10, 2016
“We’ve thrown our creative options on the pipelines, by pointing a set of trial, by contracting contractors to get into the pipelines, and show us that they can deliver if we give them the contract.

“What that has done is that, for the first time in  eight  years, we’ve been able to capture back system 2B all the way to Ilorin. For the first time in over  six  years, we were able to pump crude from Escravos into Warri and we were able to pump oil from Brass into Port Harcourt. And we were able to pump from Warri right into Kaduna, with a few skirmishes here and there. This is the first time in over 10 years that we’ve been able to accomplish this. We accomplished this by not spending money, but owing obligations.
If it is how the GMD wants to treat his fellow countrymen, by enslaving them, the fuel crisis has just started.
Nnpc graduate staffs have been on casual list for five to seven years now and all hope on getting conversion to the status of permanent staff has been a mirage.
We the casual workers has been bemoaning of “zero” working condition. We are being paid peanuts as salaries, with no increment for the years spent, no medical and other benefits accrued to us.
We the support staffs of wrpc with every passing day decriy the management decision to make our certificates useless by not converting us to permanent staff to equal with our colleagues in chevron and other oil and gas companies.
All entreaties made by the support staffs to the management of wrpc, a subsidiary of nnpc to address the worrisome issues has been rebuffed by the management.
We have even pleaded to the management of the wrpc, to upgrade our take home, to justify our certificates and input as an alternative.
Re: Fuel Scarcity- We Are Close To The Solution-kachikwu by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:49am On Apr 10, 2016
kelvinovie:

If it is how the GMD wants to treat his fellow countrymen, by enslaving them, the fuel crisis has just started.
Nnpc graduate staffs have been on casual list for five to seven years now and all hope on getting conversion to the status of permanent staff has been a mirage.

We the casual workers has been bemoaning of “zero” working condition. We are being paid peanuts as salaries, with no increment for the years spent, no medical and other benefits accrued to us.

We the support staffs of wrpc with every passing day decriy the management decision to make our certificates useless by not converting us to permanent staff to equal with our colleagues in chevron and other oil and gas companies.

All entreaties made by the support staffs to the management of wrpc, a subsidiary of nnpc to address the worrisome issues has been rebuffed by the management.
We have even pleaded to the management of the wrpc, to upgrade our take home, to justify our certificates and input as an alternative.

I doubt Kachikwu can do anything about the plight of NNPC workers during this trying period. We do not have enough money to source for Petrol.

Even Companies like Shell are cutting their current number of staffs. A lot in the private sector of the Oil and Gas are losing their jobs.

I think after we sort the economic issues, we can address the plight of workers.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity- We Are Close To The Solution-kachikwu by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:00pm On Apr 10, 2016
“It’s not enough to bring in the cargoes which we are beginning to do, but if you bring the cargoes and they arrive in Lagos, if you have to send 3,000 trucks round the whole country, it will take an average of four to seven days to do that, and the very next day, you’re back to the same place.

So the sheer logistical nightmare is not what NNPC was set up to do. So, we need to be able to get those pipelines back, get the depots functioning, push a lot of the responsibility to the major oil companies who are basically leaving us to do all the work and picking up the profit at the end of the day.

“So, it’s been a very difficult work, very challenging. We’re getting to the solution, the first few cargoes are beginning to come in and I think, by the second week of April, we should be hopefully out of this queue situation. But that is not a long-term solution."... Ibe Kachikwu

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity- We Are Close To The Solution-kachikwu by amaechi1: 12:04pm On Apr 10, 2016
ajepako:
This is one technocrat that l believe is willing to work under this administration despite the mammoth challenges.

But it is apparent the 'cabalic' forces are beyond his power..

Kudos to Diezani despite her thievery to curtail them, offer them their ' sacrifices' and kept us off long queues..

You can curtail the cabal with money, not with words. Diezani was part of the cabal, hence he left N600 billion unpaid subsidy.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity- We Are Close To The Solution-kachikwu by GenOrumov: 12:06pm On Apr 10, 2016
Grundig:
Kachikwu iis th only minister in buhari's cabinet who appears to be working.
Well it appears so because almost everything in Nigeria revolves around crude oil/petrol. The nation is currently at a standstill (all capital projects are on hold therefore they have nothing to supervise at the moment). Until when the budget is signed and ready for implementation, then we'll start hearing about others.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity- We Are Close To The Solution-kachikwu by amaechi1: 12:09pm On Apr 10, 2016
wapu:

I feel sad about the situation we are facing right now.
But please take it easy on the name calling.

We don't refine oil. We import it.
Deziani was able to manage fuel supply because like you said oil price was $100 per barrel. That means they got a lot of money from exporting crude so they could import as much as they wanted.
Right now crude is $35. The money they make from export has decreased by 65% while the demand for imported refined PMS hasn't.
How do they get the money to import as much as before??
That's what Kachukwu is trying to explain.
And how he intends to manage the situation.

Thanks for taking some time to respond. Some of us does not read to learn and understand but look for fault. The man has done a tremendous job and people can see that pipeline is the way to go. We should not forget that truck owner might not be happy if the pipeline are fixed.
Re: Fuel Scarcity- We Are Close To The Solution-kachikwu by persius555(m): 12:41pm On Apr 10, 2016
Achuwa1:
Mr kachikwu,i don't have to blame on dis issue as minister for state for petroleum but pmb who is the minister of petroleum.
u have a family & i don't expect u to be doing pmb job as minister of petroleum while he is junketeering around the world with notn to show for it & probably he is collecting salary as a minister of petroleum.
my advise for u is simple if u want to live long on dis job & also alleviate the present petrol problem coz Nigerians can never be satisfied unless this problem of fuel scarcity is solved.
ALLOW GUYS TO GO BACK TO LOCAL REFINING FOR NOW TO ALLEVIATE THE PRESENT CHALLENGES WE ARE FACING... after u ppl must have built refineries then u ppl can scrap the local refining coz it will even create jobs for guys in niger delta.
Do an extensive research on the internet, there is nowhere in the world where crude oil is refined for domestic consumption as it is done in the niger delta creeks. A lot of the crude extracts derived from that process are heavily carbon laden, destructive to car combustion engine. Those guys dont have the proper technology to refine for any domestic market.
What they produce is only fit for engine boat, hybrid generators used in mining sites and heavy duty machinery.

The closest in terms of industry/global standard are modular refineries.

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity- We Are Close To The Solution-kachikwu by deluxez12(m): 2:03pm On Apr 10, 2016
jojo1man:
there is fuel in Benin, but they are selling at 240 naira a litre.
Give us a dedicated number, twiter, FB, whatsapp and SMS were we can report any petrol station selling more than the approved prize and hoarding the product
and what will u do
Re: Fuel Scarcity- We Are Close To The Solution-kachikwu by poiZon: 2:35pm On Apr 10, 2016
Of course, the second problem was incessant pipeline disruptions. Literally, if you look at the
statistics of this year, as against last year, we’ve had almost two times the number of pipeline
disruptions than we’ve had over the last two, three years, in this year and that for us is very
disturbing. ibe kachikwu.
I just had to quote this from the entire writeup so those zombies will knw trully diezani, tompolo, gej worked real hard.
contracting militants to secure pipelines is better than allowing them take control of the pipelines n sabotage the lines anytime they r provoked causing the govtbillions of dollars to fix after billions of dollars might have been lost from the sabotage.
Re: Fuel Scarcity- We Are Close To The Solution-kachikwu by BOUNTYDOG(m): 2:41pm On Apr 10, 2016
shamecurls:
Please how can I become a Benin wizard as I want to be flying to abroad by myself and also want to have the powers of disappearing inside a bank vault.

Also, I want to be able to go invincible so I can go into any car lot and drive-out any car of my choice without the naked eye seeing me.

Please note that I don't want to use it for evil. Just wanna use it to become the richest Man in the world.

Your advice will be appreciated

I would ve helped if only your intentions were to use it to benefit urself and immediatel family and friends,not when you need it for selfish reasons of oppression when you become the richest.
Re: Fuel Scarcity- We Are Close To The Solution-kachikwu by judondasylva(m): 3:45pm On Apr 10, 2016
All Nigerians are Zombies, if not why would this man still be the President even as its clear that he is clueless, confused and incapable of ruling a country. why haven't people occupied Nigeria with all these hardship?
Re: Fuel Scarcity- We Are Close To The Solution-kachikwu by kgr8mike(m): 4:45pm On Apr 10, 2016
In the midst of this challenge somebody left to China.

Someone that should see to it that his people are alive left to China.
Re: Fuel Scarcity- We Are Close To The Solution-kachikwu by macherie1: 5:18pm On Apr 10, 2016
It's good that you have explained the situation instead of saying you are not a magician.
Re: Fuel Scarcity- We Are Close To The Solution-kachikwu by jpphilips(m): 8:47pm On Apr 10, 2016
TheGoodJoe:
“We have now thrown a couple of ideas on this. The first thing that I have tried to do is, for the first time in this country, is to be able to convince the upstream companies to provide some FX buffer over the next one year for those who are bringing in products."

jpphilips.

Did you see this? A bit close to what you proposed.

Kachikwu is a genius, he just figured out how to fund the marketers outside the CBN, I still think that one stone can kill two birds, perhaps he has the figure how much is involved and whether its gonna make any market difference for all Nigerians.
I wanted the upstream Forex to go to the black market Nigerians and the Marketers will benefit more than marking it out for the marketers only, on the flip side, it may be National priority of some sort, what do I know?

3 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity- We Are Close To The Solution-kachikwu by jpphilips(m): 8:56pm On Apr 10, 2016
Achuwa1:
Mr kachikwu,i don't have to blame on dis issue as minister for state for petroleum but pmb who is the minister of petroleum.
u have a family & i don't expect u to be doing pmb job as minister of petroleum while he is junketeering around the world with notn to show for it & probably he is collecting salary as a minister of petroleum.
my advise for u is simple if u want to live long on dis job & also alleviate the present petrol problem coz Nigerians can never be satisfied unless this problem of fuel scarcity is solved.
ALLOW GUYS TO GO BACK TO LOCAL REFINING FOR NOW TO ALLEVIATE THE PRESENT CHALLENGES WE ARE FACING... after u ppl must have built refineries then u ppl can scrap the local refining coz it will even create jobs for guys in niger delta.

You are dumb beyond fix

3 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity- We Are Close To The Solution-kachikwu by Image123(m): 11:39pm On Apr 10, 2016
Achuwa1:

You obviously decided to close your eyes to the free role that Kachikwu has been given to handle the sector/ministry. He is both NNPC GMD and minister for state for petroleum, answering directly to PMB and Nigerians. He is not there to do charity work, neither was he begged to do the job he's doing.
Re: Fuel Scarcity- We Are Close To The Solution-kachikwu by Image123(m): 11:42pm On Apr 10, 2016
Grundig:
Kachikwu iis th only minister in buhari's cabinet who appears to be working.

This is a completely new terrain for him and he is tackling it quite well. . . .although he is being handicapped by his boss, the petroleum minister.

What work is he doing that others are not doing? Budget(serious money) has not been approved for any other ministry so you cannot expect much work from them apart from genral day to day ministry obligations and planning. Kachikwu by the way is directly in his field having worked with ExxonMobil as one of their main bosses in West Africa, it is not a completely new terrain for him. If he feels he is been handicapped, he can resign. Just keep quiet and allow them do their jobs.
Re: Fuel Scarcity- We Are Close To The Solution-kachikwu by Image123(m): 11:46pm On Apr 10, 2016
TPAND:
Curbing corruption without control mechanisms is like chasing a white goose around a circle. It's not only by putting DSS and EFCC to go after looters, it's by putting the necessary checks in place to ensure people do the right thing

Over the past few weeks, most filling stations have tempered with their dispensing pumps and they give feul at a ratio of 3:1. You need to see the price at which fuel is sold in other states of the federation. It is heartbreaking.

Kaichukwu is confused, Deziani did a better job. He is in a way towing Deziani's approach to fuel supply.

Diezani had no queues for a major part because she was paying crazy money in trillions of naira. She did not do a better job. As soon as money stopped flowing in 2015, with little money for subsidy budgetted, she ran into one of the worst fuel crises ever in this country, where banks and media houses were closing by 1pm, and networks were sending sorry text messages to customers.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity- We Are Close To The Solution-kachikwu by Image123(m): 11:48pm On Apr 10, 2016
tit:
the useless man is still talking?
fuel scarcity that was 99% solved by Diezani when oil was high price of over 100 dollar
is what this fool and his equally useless oga - buhari cannot sove now oil is 35 dollar.

Duh, Diezani had no queues for a major part because she was paying crazy money in trillions of naira. She did not do a better job. As soon as money stopped flowing in 2015, with little money for subsidy budgetted, she ran into one of the worst fuel crises ever in this country, where banks and media houses were closing by 1pm, and networks were sending sorry text messages to customers.

cc: ajepako

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity- We Are Close To The Solution-kachikwu by jpphilips(m): 2:19pm On Apr 12, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

We can not legalize local Crude refining, due to the management of waste products. That is even more harmful than the lack of Petroleum Products.

What we need is for Ibe Kachikwu and the President to do a thorough review of the proposals for over 20 modular refineries.

These companies are ready to work. Review their proposals fast and license them. This will ease a lot of pressure on the NNPC and give this government time to set up refineries.

You musn't respond every imbec!le on the prowl, most of these Nairalanders have not made it past SS2, by their comments you will know them.

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity- We Are Close To The Solution-kachikwu by jpphilips(m): 2:47pm On Apr 12, 2016
Image123:

Diezani had no queues for a major part because she was paying crazy money in trillions of naira. She did not do a better job. As soon as money stopped flowing in 2015, with little money for subsidy budgetted, she ran into one of the worst fuel crises ever in this country, where banks and media houses were closing by 1pm, and networks were sending sorry text messages to customers.

The Secondary school drop out "TPAND" think that throwing money at problems bring solutions, the same Diezani left a backlog of over 600b for kachikwu to clear despite enjoying huge revenues.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Obi Of Onitsha Condemns Anambra Election Boycott, Insists Election Must Hold / PMB To Commission 1MW Solar Power Plant At FUNAI, Ebonyi State. Pictures. / VP Shettima And Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Show Dancing Skills In Vienna (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.