Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,808 members, 7,817,346 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:41 AM

Orientate Yourself In The Word - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Orientate Yourself In The Word (293 Views)

The Word Of God Is Powerful! / The Word Of Faith Movement Is Satanic And Her Pastors Impostors The Word / What Confessing The Word Of God Will Do For You (3) - Genesis 2:19, Numbers 14:1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Orientate Yourself In The Word by yommyuk: 6:48am On Apr 10, 2016
The Bible provides an accurate account of the heavenly Father’s character, actions, and purposes. Together, the Old and New Testaments teach us that man’s problem is sin and that the only remedy is faith in the Son of God: Jesus Christ. Through the Bible, we learn what happens at the moment of our salvation—our sin’s penalty is reckoned as paid, its power over us is broken, and the Holy Spirit becomes our daily companion.

Through His Word, God has entrusted to us the knowledge of who He is, what He is doing, and how the future will unfold for mankind. The Scriptures were intended to lead us into a growing personal relationship with our heavenly Father and to empower us for fruitful service as Christ’s ambassadors (2 Cor. 5:20). In this position, we are called to follow Jesus’ example in glorifying God (Matt. 5:16)—our Saviour focused not on Himself but on the heavenly Father, whose plan is to reach the entire world with His saving grace.

The Father’s will includes different tasks for His children to accomplish, according to the way He’s planned for each one to function (Rom. 12:4-6). Meditating on scriptural principles and examples will help us discern what He has in mind for us. Just as Jesus’ work was to do His Father’s will, that is our calling as well.
What place does this Book of books—the Bible—have in determining the course of your life? Take time today and every day to listen to the Lord, to partake of His wisdom, and to determine what He is saying to you personally. In so doing, you will orient your mind to His priorities, will, and thinking.

John 14:26
But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you.

Proverbs 3:1-35
My son, do not forget my teaching, but let your heart keep my commandments, for length of days and years of life and peace they will add to you. Let not steadfast love and faithfulness forsake you; bind them around your neck; write them on the tablet of your heart. So you will find favour and good success in the sight of God and man. Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. ...

Psalm 91:1-6
He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will abide in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say to the LORD, “My refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.” For he will deliver you from the snare of the fowler and from the deadly pestilence. He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness is a shield and buckler. You will not fear the terror of the night, nor the arrow that flies by day, ...

Malachi 3:6
“For I the Lord do not change; therefore you, O children of Jacob, are not consumed

IT IS WELL. GOD BLESS wink

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Spiritual Digest For The Day 24th Of April 2016 / God Is A Miracle Worker Part 2 / Brethren, Do Not Lose Focus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.