Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,672 members, 7,955,463 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 06:38 AM

Abia Civil Servant Born In 1961 (Photos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abia Civil Servant Born In 1961 (Photos) (26736 Views)

Ikpeazu Blasts Abia Civil Servants Over Bloated Wage Bill / Saraki Reacts To The Arrest Of Kwara Civil Servant For Criticizing Him / Abia Civil Servant Ova Unpaid Salaries N Their Demand Will Kip Ur D**k Standing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abia Civil Servant Born In 1961 (Photos) by Ponponkon: 11:47am On Apr 10, 2016
Despite the fall of the monthly allocation of States, Abia State has remained resolute and committed to keep to it’s promises such as making the welfare of its workforce a paramount thing.It could be recalled that Abia State is the only State that handed over its N14.1billion bailout fund to the labour and trade union leaders to manage the disbursement of the fund to the various recipients hence the management of the State’s bailout fund is adjudged the best in the entire federation as stated by the NLC chairmen. 

Worthy of note is that Abia and Lagos States were the two States that paid salaries before Easter. Put differently, the State has remained very prudent in the management of its resources no matter how infinitesimal as the fall on the receivable from N 4.2 billion to N1.9 billion has made the actors to e very creative and innovative. It is however very disheartening that whereas the State wage bill stands at about N3 billion, the State received N1.9 billion. 
It therefore calls on the conscience of the people to appreciate the efforts of the government, the ingenuity and proactivity rather than allowing some miscreants to deceive them with fake, unfounded and malicious news about salaries. 

Be that as it may, the present administration in Abia State, having identified some grey areas as regards the payment of salaries swung into action. Some elements had infiltrated the payment processes in the past, there were ghost workers ravaging the system. That kept the State on the alert. 

The State came up with the idea of manual verification of its workforce thus saved about N300 million in that process. Also, with the automation process in the pension, over 30 retirees were found to be receiving salaries and pensions simultaneously. The government had to stop the payment of such persons until it makes up with what they had taken. Some of these belong to the group shouting they have not been paid this and that.

The issue of ghost workers predates the State’s creation as so it it just hydra-headed. But the government has not relented in its efforts to sanitize the process. Currently, some parastatals and agencies whose staff strength are being queried are under going re-verification process which will herald the advent d the biometric verifications. 

In a verification exercise conducted on Wednesday 6th,April 2016, many over-aged workers were spotted, many proxy representation and other irregularities were discovered. You can imagine the man on this picture claiming to have been born in 1961 while in real sense his grand children may be walking on the streets looking for jobs. 

While the government is working hard to see to the welfare of it’s citizens, it behoves on the citizens to have a change of attitude and stop sabotaging the efforts of the government. These actions therefore calls for the correction of institutional and structural defects without which the problems will continue without to defy known solutions.

http://abiaonline.gov.ng/?p=3277

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abia Civil Servant Born In 1961 (Photos) by Ponponkon: 11:52am On Apr 10, 2016
Mr lalasticlala u dey gbadu dis kind football age? Nobe papa buhari agemate we dey see so?
Re: Abia Civil Servant Born In 1961 (Photos) by Ponponkon: 12:02pm On Apr 10, 2016
More pics of the guyman me I dey feel his swag

Re: Abia Civil Servant Born In 1961 (Photos) by SamuelAnyawu(m): 12:07pm On Apr 10, 2016
Lol that man is far above 55yrs no doubt about that..

Nice One Ikpeazu sanitising the state civil service..

Vote Sam Anyawu aka Sam Daddy for Governor Imo state 2019...
Imo deserves better....

4 Likes

Re: Abia Civil Servant Born In 1961 (Photos) by Ponponkon: 12:09pm On Apr 10, 2016
Abians remain thankful to God for giving you a thorough bred scholar as governor, by the time Dr Ikpeazu's tenure end in 2023,the honest youth of Nigeria will beg him to lead them. Bro lalasticlala every leakage in Abia must be blocked.

2 Likes

Re: Abia Civil Servant Born In 1961 (Photos) by funkyibodude(m): 12:10pm On Apr 10, 2016
SamuelAnyawu:

Imo deserves better....
are you Sam daddy
Re: Abia Civil Servant Born In 1961 (Photos) by ElCule: 12:10pm On Apr 10, 2016
And if his Boss born in 1960 sends him, He will start lamenting how a boy of yestaday sending him anyhow simply because him get luck sey he go school. You go even hear the old man dey talk "i dey this office before your papa marry your mama" forgetting he was born in 1961.cheesy

21 Likes

Re: Abia Civil Servant Born In 1961 (Photos) by Ponponkon: 12:12pm On Apr 10, 2016
SamuelAnyawu:

Imo deserves better....

Lol your excellency birikwe o
Re: Abia Civil Servant Born In 1961 (Photos) by omenka(m): 12:14pm On Apr 10, 2016
Eyaa. Sometimes I don't really blame these guys.

Retirement in the Nigerian system is something every civil servant, especially the low ranking ones, dread. Whereas, in civilised societies, they anxiously look forward to it.

Make dem free the Paapa jor. If he says he's 55, so be it, abi na una born am?? grin

13 Likes

Re: Abia Civil Servant Born In 1961 (Photos) by omenka(m): 12:18pm On Apr 10, 2016
@ Ponponkon: the title of your thread doesn't particularly capture the story therein, hence the limited attention it's getting. You might want to review it.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abia Civil Servant Born In 1961 (Photos) by kenny987(f): 12:20pm On Apr 10, 2016
omenka:

Retirement in the Nigerian system is something every civil servant, especially the low ranking ones, dread. Whereas, in civilised societies, they anxiously look forward to it.

Make dem free the Paapa jor. If he says he's 55, so be it, abi na una born am?? grin

Abi na, na wetin him papa tell am...lol

Retirement from civil service especially in the states is something that needs deep and serious overhaul by all state governors down to d local councils. I read of a retiree from a northern state, can't remember which, that easy still earning about 700naira as pension after retirement in the early 90s.... Very bad!

1 Like

Re: Abia Civil Servant Born In 1961 (Photos) by Ponponkon: 12:25pm On Apr 10, 2016
omenka:
@ Ponponkon: the title of your thread doesn't particularly capture the story therein, hence the limited attention it's getting. You might want to review it.
Please suggest a better caption(title)
Re: Abia Civil Servant Born In 1961 (Photos) by omenka(m): 12:39pm On Apr 10, 2016
Ponponkon:
Please suggest a better caption(title)
Honestly, I racked my brain over and over again and came up empty. Perhaps Modath or MizMycoli could help.
Re: Abia Civil Servant Born In 1961 (Photos) by Ponponkon: 12:40pm On Apr 10, 2016
omenka:

The government since June 2015 has been calling on people like him to show up for verification,their files are stamped don't pay until they comply with the directives. Background check reveal some persons who are gainfully employed by the Federal government but their names reflect on Abia payrole,thus they are avoiding the verification like plague and waiting for Abia government to relapse so that the money will be paid to them. The state government will soon make the list of ghost wokers and other fruadsters public. The grace period for verification is almost getting to an end

1 Like

Re: Abia Civil Servant Born In 1961 (Photos) by Ponponkon: 12:42pm On Apr 10, 2016
cheesy
omenka:
Honestly, I racked my brain over and over again and came up empty. Perhaps Modath or MizMycoli could help.
grin lalasticlala come over,we need your help here. Ogbanyela anyi
Re: Abia Civil Servant Born In 1961 (Photos) by omenka(m): 1:02pm On Apr 10, 2016
Ponponkon:
The government since June 2015 has been calling on people like him to show up for verification,their files are stamped don't pay until they comply with the directives. Background check reveal some persons who are gainfully employed by the Federal government but their names reflect on Abia payrole,thus they are avoiding the verification like plague and waiting for Abia government to relapse so that the money will be paid to them. The state government will soon make the list of ghost wokers and other fruadsters public. The grace period for verification is almost getting to an end
Whatever it is, honestly, I tend to always see these men as victims rather than culprits. They built the foundation upon which the civil service rests today only to be treated like dogs on retirement.

What prevents us from paying these men 70k pensions when a governor could be earning over a billion per year as pension?

The structure of the Nigerian civil service as it stands today is like an inverted pyramid- it is an anomaly badly in need of reconstruction.

I feel terrible whenever I come across these men in banks.

That reminds me.

Sometime three years ago, I was driving out of the house and just along my street before hitting the main road, saw this grandpa trudging along. Pulled over and asked him where he was heading and it was just about half a mile from where I was heading, so I offered to drop him off before proceeding to my destination.

Started chatting and dude surprised me with his flawless english! cheesy. He appeared like a man who could hardly construct a correct sentence. Told me he was heading to a meeting of pensioners that they were constantly being short-changed by the banks and want to take a formal position, as a body, over the trend.

Told me stories of what pride it used to be working in the civil service but that today, the whole system has been basterdised by our generation. Told me how they used to remit unspent monies back to the treasury and how transparent they were, but today, all that is no more. Then he asked me a question that got me thinking for the rest of that day. He says "if they had behaved then the way we are now, what would have been left for us to survive on"??

Talked about a few other stuffs and he introduced himself when he was getting off- very refined gentleman I must say. smiley

Bro, the system is really crooked and it would take a lot of will power to fix the rot. I'm not at all saying what the man did it right, I'm just saying were things being done the way they should, we would rarely have incidences like this- he would have been a satisfied and proud "retiree".

6 Likes

Re: Abia Civil Servant Born In 1961 (Photos) by henchamb(m): 1:03pm On Apr 10, 2016
Oga the salary your paymaster paid before Easter was for November 2015.
Re: Abia Civil Servant Born In 1961 (Photos) by SamuelAnyawu(m): 1:15pm On Apr 10, 2016
funkyibodude:
are you Sam daddy
Nope Bro
Re: Abia Civil Servant Born In 1961 (Photos) by SamuelAnyawu(m): 1:16pm On Apr 10, 2016
Ponponkon:

Lol your excellency birikwe o
Lol Nwannem I'm just one of his supporters.
Re: Abia Civil Servant Born In 1961 (Photos) by sczeska: 1:37pm On Apr 10, 2016
Ok
Re: Abia Civil Servant Born In 1961 (Photos) by Bjergtrolde: 1:37pm On Apr 10, 2016
Ponponkon:
Despite the fall of the monthly allocation of States, Abia State has remained resolute and committed to keep to it’s promises such as making the welfare of its workforce a paramount thing.It could be recalled that Abia State is the only State that handed over its N14.1billion bailout fund to the labour and trade union leaders to manage the disbursement of the fund to the various recipients hence the management of the State’s bailout fund is adjudged the best in the entire federation as stated by the NLC chairmen. 

Worthy of note is that Abia and Lagos States were the two States that paid salaries before Easter. Put differently, the State has remained very prudent in the management of its resources no matter how infinitesimal as the fall on the receivable from N 4.2 billion to N1.9 billion has made the actors to e very creative and innovative. It is however very disheartening that whereas the State wage bill stands at about N3 billion, the State received N1.9 billion. 
It therefore calls on the conscience of the people to appreciate the efforts of the government, the ingenuity and proactivity rather than allowing some miscreants to deceive them with fake, unfounded and malicious news about salaries. 

Be that as it may, the present administration in Abia State, having identified some grey areas as regards the payment of salaries swung into action. Some elements had infiltrated the payment processes in the past, there were ghost workers ravaging the system. That kept the State on the alert. 

The State came up with the idea of manual verification of its workforce thus saved about N300 million in that process. Also, with the automation process in the pension, over 30 retirees were found to be receiving salaries and pensions simultaneously. The government had to stop the payment of such persons until it makes up with what they had taken. Some of these belong to the group shouting they have not been paid this and that.

The issue of ghost workers predates the State’s creation as so it it just hydra-headed. But the government has not relented in its efforts to sanitize the process. Currently, some parastatals and agencies whose staff strength are being queried are under going re-verification process which will herald the advent d the biometric verifications. 

In a verification exercise conducted on Wednesday 6th,April 2016, many over-aged workers were spotted, many proxy representation and other irregularities were discovered. You can imagine the man on this picture claiming to have been born in 1961 while in real sense his grand children may be walking on the streets looking for jobs. 

While the government is working hard to see to the welfare of it’s citizens, it behoves on the citizens to have a change of attitude and stop sabotaging the efforts of the government. These actions therefore calls for the correction of institutional and structural defects without which the problems will continue without to defy known solutions.

http://abiaonline.gov.ng/?p=3277

Don't spoil his hustle. If he actually does the work, leave him alone. Its not like Nigeria treats its pensioners well
Re: Abia Civil Servant Born In 1961 (Photos) by agabaI23(m): 1:44pm On Apr 10, 2016
omenka:

Na so APC dey do?

1 Like

Re: Abia Civil Servant Born In 1961 (Photos) by Nobody: 1:49pm On Apr 10, 2016
80% of civil servants on abia. Do nothing dan gist in d ministries

1 Like

Re: Abia Civil Servant Born In 1961 (Photos) by funkyibodude(m): 1:51pm On Apr 10, 2016
SamuelAnyawu:

Nope Bro
ok
Re: Abia Civil Servant Born In 1961 (Photos) by olajigaolamide: 2:10pm On Apr 10, 2016
Every institution within Nigeria is corrupt
Re: Abia Civil Servant Born In 1961 (Photos) by Reference(m): 2:19pm On Apr 10, 2016
Somewhere, some how fraud got mixed up in our genetic make up.
Re: Abia Civil Servant Born In 1961 (Photos) by MrKong: 2:23pm On Apr 10, 2016
Ponponkon:
More pics of the guyman me I dey feel his swag
Oga Abeg where those people doing the documentation wahala dey now?...last I heard was ministry of health
Re: Abia Civil Servant Born In 1961 (Photos) by Bosc(m): 2:34pm On Apr 10, 2016
This is age falsification.
Re: Abia Civil Servant Born In 1961 (Photos) by IntroVAT: 2:36pm On Apr 10, 2016
grin
Re: Abia Civil Servant Born In 1961 (Photos) by pulsa(m): 2:46pm On Apr 10, 2016
omenka:

na so una ike to dey hype obodo oyibo like say na heaven.
the west is fucking broke at the moment and they have to borrow money to even pay their pensioners.

the situation looks so dire for them that they might have to default on present debt self, Cherish and be thankful for what we have and pray for more

the west is in decline, Asia is rising and Africa is gradually beginning to wake up, Tanzania and Nigeria just voted for reputed presidents with integrity, joining the ranks of Namibia, Botswana, Ghana, e.t.c in accountable governance.

Peace out.
Re: Abia Civil Servant Born In 1961 (Photos) by eagleeye2: 3:03pm On Apr 10, 2016
Ponponkon:
Worthy of note is that Abia and Lagos States were the two States that paid salaries before Easter.
Please, my brother edit the quoted part. Some Civil servants are yet to receive their January salaries and most ministeries just paid their February salaries on Friday.
Governor Ikpeazu is better than his predecessor, T.A. Orji, no doubts. But there is still much to be done. Instead of bringing propaganda online, you guys should rather tell him the truth. Sycophancy is the major reason most of our leaders don't perform as expected.
Re: Abia Civil Servant Born In 1961 (Photos) by Elhabeeb1(m): 3:11pm On Apr 10, 2016
omenka:
Whatever it is, honestly, I tend to always see these men as victims rather than culprits. They built the foundation upon which the civil service rests today only to be treated like dogs on retirement.

What prevents us from paying these men 70k pensions when a governor could be earning over a billion per year as pension?

The structure of the Nigerian civil service as it stands today is like an inverted pyramid- it is an anomaly badly in need of reconstruction.

I feel terrible whenever I come across these men in banks.

That reminds me.

Sometime three years ago, I was driving out of the house and just along my street before hitting the main road, saw this grandpa trudging along. Pulled over and asked him where he was heading and it was just about half a mile from where I was heading, so I offered to drop him off before proceeding to my destination.

Started chatting and dude surprised me with his flawless english! cheesy. He appeared like a man who could hardly construct a correct sentence. Told me he was heading to a meeting of pensioners that they were constantly being short-changed by the banks and want to take a formal position, as a body, over the trend.

Told me stories of what pride it used to be working in the civil service but that today, the whole system has been basterdised by our generation. Told me how they used to remit unspent monies back to the treasury and how transparent they were, but today, all that is no more. Then he asked me a question that got me thinking for the rest of that day. He says "if they had behaved then the way we are now, what would have been left for us to survive on"??

Talked about a few other stuffs and he introduced himself when he was getting off- very refined gentleman I must say. smiley

Bro, the system is really crooked and it would take a lot of will power to fix the rot. I'm not at all saying what the man did it right, I'm just saying were things being done the way they should, we would rarely have incidences like this- he would have been a satisfied and proud "retiree".
I think it's high time for these old men to stop saying our generation spoil this or that, the people who mess up this country are in their 50's, 60's and 70's alot of them are still in government. We are just stating life but they always refer to us as those that mess the civil service up! I don tire.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

No Need Yet To Celebrate Hiv/aids-free Nigeria Says Buhari / INEC To LP/Obi: Stop blaming Us For Your Failure In Court / Opposition Intensifies Against Buhari Within APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.