Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,012 members, 7,817,983 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:37 AM

El-rufai’s Religious Bill In Kaduna ‘absolutely Wrong’ – Senator Shehu Sani - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / El-rufai’s Religious Bill In Kaduna ‘absolutely Wrong’ – Senator Shehu Sani (18420 Views)

"Buhari Must Investigate El-rufai Over Yar’adua’s Death" - Senator Shehu Sani / El-rufai’s Religious Policies Will Tear Nigeria Apart – Shi’ites / Many States Want To Replicate Religious Bill, They’ve Asked For Our Copy – El-ru (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

El-rufai’s Religious Bill In Kaduna ‘absolutely Wrong’ – Senator Shehu Sani by Ohammadike: 9:48pm On Apr 10, 2016
The Senator representing Kaduna Central, Shehu Sani, on Sunday criticised the religious bill by the Kaduna State government, saying it was “absolutely wrong.”
The bill, according to the state governor, Nasir El-Rufai, is to regulate public preaching in the state and to ensure violent religious sects are not allowed to thrive.
Mr. Sani, who has been at loggerheads with the governor over other programmes, however, said the government had no right to regulate or issue licenses to religious preachers in the state.
The lawmaker spoke shortly after receiving an award of excellence by the youth wing of Ansarul-Deen Society of Nigeria during their 40 years anniversary and fundraising programme.
He said it was painful for him to receive a merit award from the group when majority of Nigerians were suffering.
“It’s painful to receive this merit award when majority of Nigerians are still expecting good governance. Nigerians are facing lots of challenges and we the elected leaders cannot continue to give them excuses.
“They did not elect us to lament, they didn’t elect us to give them excuses. We were elected to give them good governance. I’m not the kind of person that will see black and say it’s white. Whether we are in same party or not I will not see wrong and say it’s right.
“I did that during the military era and I will continue to tell the truth even now. Nigerians spent hours under sun to vote for us and so we must not fail them. We must do what the people want and not what we want as leaders because they voted for us.
“This is why we say the proposed religious bill in Kaduna State is absolutely wrong and we will not accept anybody to licence any preacher because people have the right to practice their religion as enshrined in the constitution.
Foramfera
“Nobody can violate the constitution because freedom of religion is enshrined in the constitution. We are also calling on the state governor not to over tax the people because they have suffered a lot under the 16 years of PDP,” he said.
The Senator also urged Nigerians to pray for President Muhammadu Buhari’s administration to succeed, saying the president has succeeded in tackling the insurgents in North East.
“President Muhammadu Buhari is really working for Nigeria and for the masses of this country. Therefore, we must continue to pray for him to succeed,” he said.
Mr. Sani later announced the donation of N2 million for the completion for the Ansarul-Deen Youth Centre.
Other people who received the merit award for their contributions to humanity include former Director General Media and Publicity to former Kaduna State Governor, Ahmed Maiyaki; Kaduna NASFAT branch Chairman, Abdulwaheed Adepoju; and NASFAT Kaduna Branch Chief Missionary Officer, Marooph Raji.
NAFSAT like Ansarul-Deen is an Islamic organisation.
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/nwest/201577-el-rufais-religious-bill-kaduna-absolutely-wrong-senator.html?utm_source

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: El-rufai’s Religious Bill In Kaduna ‘absolutely Wrong’ – Senator Shehu Sani by tafabaloo(m): 9:56pm On Apr 10, 2016
Ok I hear
Re: El-rufai’s Religious Bill In Kaduna ‘absolutely Wrong’ – Senator Shehu Sani by odiereke(m): 7:47am On Apr 11, 2016
We are waiting
Re: El-rufai’s Religious Bill In Kaduna ‘absolutely Wrong’ – Senator Shehu Sani by Virginkpekus(f): 7:48am On Apr 11, 2016
Sai baba
Re: El-rufai’s Religious Bill In Kaduna ‘absolutely Wrong’ – Senator Shehu Sani by Dottore: 7:48am On Apr 11, 2016
So wrong indeed

2 Likes

Re: El-rufai’s Religious Bill In Kaduna ‘absolutely Wrong’ – Senator Shehu Sani by Decibel: 7:49am On Apr 11, 2016
“This is why we say the proposed religious bill in Kaduna State is absolutely wrong and we will not accept anybody to licence any preacher because people have the right to practice their religion as enshrined in the constitution- Shehu Sani .

Shehu Sani is an IPOD senator - Fulanimafia grin

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: El-rufai’s Religious Bill In Kaduna ‘absolutely Wrong’ – Senator Shehu Sani by Decibel: 7:49am On Apr 11, 2016
Elrufai and Extremism cheesy

60 Likes 4 Shares

Re: El-rufai’s Religious Bill In Kaduna ‘absolutely Wrong’ – Senator Shehu Sani by Chiefpriest1(m): 7:51am On Apr 11, 2016
About this bill, I think people should learn to separate politics from what is rational.

I consider myself a Christian, so I cannot support anything that would hurt those who believe in the gospel of christ.

I 've gone through the bill and apart from a little fine-tuning that it needs, I really don't think it's a bad one.

Some quick questions:

1. How many of you enjoy churches or mosques that are almost making you go insane in your area? Sometimes, it's just 5 members inside a cubicle making your life unbearable.

2. Is the bill only for christians?

3. How much do you like islamic preachers or pastors that preach hate.

4. Shouldn't religion be a private endeavour? Why should a muslim loudspeaker wake me up by 5am or a Christian vigil keep me awake all night.

5. Do you know how many Nigerians with dreams of a brighter future have been sent to their early graves as a result of hate sermons.

Ps: I have my reservations about the licensing thing because it can be abused, though it's not even the government that's doing the licensing.

I believe that there has to be a way of curbing the excesses of these zealots, but dont hate that bill because you hate el-rufai.

By the way, the senator is a political arch-enemy of el-rufai, so must know where he's coming from. Let's not always follow the crowd

79 Likes 10 Shares

Re: El-rufai’s Religious Bill In Kaduna ‘absolutely Wrong’ – Senator Shehu Sani by Monimatic(m): 7:51am On Apr 11, 2016
grin grin grin
God bless Senator Shehu Sanni
Zombies will still say he is an Ipob youth and a wailer
grin grin grin

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: El-rufai’s Religious Bill In Kaduna ‘absolutely Wrong’ – Senator Shehu Sani by darksuit(m): 7:51am On Apr 11, 2016
ePP Him
Re: El-rufai’s Religious Bill In Kaduna ‘absolutely Wrong’ – Senator Shehu Sani by chi4ik4(m): 7:51am On Apr 11, 2016
so APC still have sincere people like this?

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: El-rufai’s Religious Bill In Kaduna ‘absolutely Wrong’ – Senator Shehu Sani by shaddoww: 7:52am On Apr 11, 2016
How many governors do they now have in Kaduna state?

1 Like

Re: El-rufai’s Religious Bill In Kaduna ‘absolutely Wrong’ – Senator Shehu Sani by Originality007: 7:52am On Apr 11, 2016
angry
Re: El-rufai’s Religious Bill In Kaduna ‘absolutely Wrong’ – Senator Shehu Sani by sanusidabo: 7:53am On Apr 11, 2016
The so called senator want to deceive & making baseless comments instead of for him to shut his ugly mouth.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: El-rufai’s Religious Bill In Kaduna ‘absolutely Wrong’ – Senator Shehu Sani by igboboy3(m): 7:53am On Apr 11, 2016
El Rufai's bill may be wrong but I don't want to hear it from Shehu Sani.
He is always opposing El Rufai.

In 2019, Either El Rufai or Sani will make it back, but not both.

3 Likes

Re: El-rufai’s Religious Bill In Kaduna ‘absolutely Wrong’ – Senator Shehu Sani by revenge001: 7:53am On Apr 11, 2016
Decibel:

Shehu Sani is an IPOD senator - Fulanimafia grin

Gham

1 Like

Re: El-rufai’s Religious Bill In Kaduna ‘absolutely Wrong’ – Senator Shehu Sani by TippyTop(m): 7:53am On Apr 11, 2016
said the government had no right to regulate or issue licenses to religious preachers in the state.

The license would only be issued to those propagating the tenets of Islam.
Re: El-rufai’s Religious Bill In Kaduna ‘absolutely Wrong’ – Senator Shehu Sani by Dannieln1: 7:54am On Apr 11, 2016
Heard my younger sis singing "reggae/blues" what caught my attention was the line....

"oya come follow and pay your dues

Government of suya sellers and distributors
Re: El-rufai’s Religious Bill In Kaduna ‘absolutely Wrong’ – Senator Shehu Sani by not4sure(m): 7:55am On Apr 11, 2016
Since Inauguration the two guys have not been best of friend. if El Rufai says A Sani will say B. But if you look at the danger the religious preaching has been caused in the North. It is high time to find solution to it. Even British that brought Christianity have regulation for preaching in their country

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: El-rufai’s Religious Bill In Kaduna ‘absolutely Wrong’ – Senator Shehu Sani by maputohq: 7:55am On Apr 11, 2016
it's actually cool. we hate noise.

1 Like

Re: El-rufai’s Religious Bill In Kaduna ‘absolutely Wrong’ – Senator Shehu Sani by ifeelgood: 7:56am On Apr 11, 2016
Absolutely absolutely.
Re: El-rufai’s Religious Bill In Kaduna ‘absolutely Wrong’ – Senator Shehu Sani by Segadem(m): 7:56am On Apr 11, 2016
Hmnm
Re: El-rufai’s Religious Bill In Kaduna ‘absolutely Wrong’ – Senator Shehu Sani by BoreholeEngr: 7:57am On Apr 11, 2016
El'rufai is a fanatic, bigot and one of the creators/sponsors of boko-haram, he is not worth to be called a leader

4 Likes

Re: El-rufai’s Religious Bill In Kaduna ‘absolutely Wrong’ – Senator Shehu Sani by GreyLaw(m): 7:57am On Apr 11, 2016
igboboy3:
El Rufai's bill may be wrong but I don't want to hear it from Shehu Sani.
He is always opposing El Rufai.

In 2019, Either El Rufai or Sani will make it back, but not both.
Does it matter who you hear the truth from?

10 Likes

Re: El-rufai’s Religious Bill In Kaduna ‘absolutely Wrong’ – Senator Shehu Sani by kaziblake(f): 7:57am On Apr 11, 2016
Best solution sue El-rufai and kaduna government.
Re: El-rufai’s Religious Bill In Kaduna ‘absolutely Wrong’ – Senator Shehu Sani by Chuksemi(m): 8:00am On Apr 11, 2016
k
Re: El-rufai’s Religious Bill In Kaduna ‘absolutely Wrong’ – Senator Shehu Sani by sanusidabo: 8:04am On Apr 11, 2016
A senator that can't damage done to Nigerians due to the unregulation by the dangerous Boko Haram and Ishia
Re: El-rufai’s Religious Bill In Kaduna ‘absolutely Wrong’ – Senator Shehu Sani by Charles4075(m): 8:04am On Apr 11, 2016
Abeg, make person hear word
Re: El-rufai’s Religious Bill In Kaduna ‘absolutely Wrong’ – Senator Shehu Sani by Chanchit: 8:07am On Apr 11, 2016
El Rufai must have been cloning people that would vote for him come 2019.
Re: El-rufai’s Religious Bill In Kaduna ‘absolutely Wrong’ – Senator Shehu Sani by easyfem(m): 8:09am On Apr 11, 2016
U are wrong on diz sir , I'm a christian and I like diz idea

1 Like

Re: El-rufai’s Religious Bill In Kaduna ‘absolutely Wrong’ – Senator Shehu Sani by chimaobinelson(m): 8:11am On Apr 11, 2016
i tink people shud b able to foresight when making rules ,laws that shud exist even when they history,
somtimes as human,the tin we r trying so much to avert by making a decision end up waylaying us with a tantamounting heinous effect.
Does el rufai not know dat wen dis bill is made law,dea may be a time wen a religious bigot may be in power,n thus centimentally be licensing 1 religious group than the oda, dis will be a good reason for som religious extremists and jihadist weda in christianity or islam to wage violenc in "fightin for dea god" knowin fully well dat Kaduna had sufferd bloody religious riots in past...i rest my case

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Idoma Group Lambasts Northern Governors For Defending Fulani Herdsmen / Fani-Kayode Celebrates His Son, Aragorn's 1st Birthday / Rochas Okorocha Prays For Couple Who Visited Him (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.