Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,945 members, 7,814,197 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:53 AM

Where Did We Go Wrong? Nigerian Youths Wake Up! - Prof Soyinka - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Where Did We Go Wrong? Nigerian Youths Wake Up! - Prof Soyinka (657 Views)

What I See Is Frightening, It’s Better We Let Biafrans Go Now – Prof. Soyinka / Emir Sanusi: The Problem Of Nigeria (Youths Wake Up!) / Youths Wake Up!!! See List Of African Leaders With Their Ages (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Did We Go Wrong? Nigerian Youths Wake Up! - Prof Soyinka by Elose11(m): 9:16am On Apr 11, 2016
"Awolowo was 37 years, Akintola 36, Ahmadu Bello 36, Balewa 34, Okotie-Eboh 27 and Enahoro 27 and they led the struggle for Nigeria Independence after the death of Macaulay. Only Zik was 42 at the time!

In 1966, the first military coup was led by K Nzeogwu who was 29 years and countered by M. Mohammed 28, T. Danjuma 28, I. Babangida 25, J. Garba 23, Sani Abacha 23, and M. Yar'adua 23, and brought into power Y. Gowon 32, Ojukwu 33, Obasanjo 29, and Buhari 24!

Most of the military governors who governed the states under the successive military regimes were under 30 years.

Also, the brief democratic dispensation which interjected the military interregnums also saw some Senators and members of the House of Representatives, in particular, populated by persons under 30!

Under 30's were also not in short supply with appointments - we have examples of MT Mbu who became Nigeria's Foreign Affairs Minister at 23 and Pat Utomi who became a Federal Adviser at 27 and so on and so forth!

NOW: Why is it that almost all this age bracket is today still sleeping in 3-seater chairs in their parents’ homes?

Why is it that this age bracket is today still collecting pocket money from their parents?

Why is it that this age bracket is today still writing JAMB?

Why is it that this age bracket today still 'sagg' their trousers?

Why is it that this age bracket is today still searching for jobs and not yet married?

Why is it that this age bracket is today no longer qualified to even be leaders of youth wings of political parties?

Why is it that this age bracket is today so docile?

Why is this age bracket today incapable of feeding itself?

Why is it that this age bracket is today barred from even aspiring to certain political offices?

Why is it that this age bracket is today incapacitated, unwilling, unable and incapable of asking questions?

GOD BLESS NIGERIA!"
Re: Where Did We Go Wrong? Nigerian Youths Wake Up! - Prof Soyinka by NaMe4: 9:25am On Apr 11, 2016
Sir, even the ones up to 40 support political parties blindly. Even when they barely eat 3 square balanced meals!

1 Like

Re: Where Did We Go Wrong? Nigerian Youths Wake Up! - Prof Soyinka by dabbyz(f): 9:31am On Apr 11, 2016
are you sure it's d proff that wrote this?
Re: Where Did We Go Wrong? Nigerian Youths Wake Up! - Prof Soyinka by junketer(m): 9:31am On Apr 11, 2016
Mr soyinka, we the wailers are awake but the zombies are still snooring.. your yoruuba youths have turn to zombies. Even ur late brother fela described them in one of his songs..... zombie no go go unless u tell am to go, zombie no go stop unless u tell am to stop, zombie no go think unless u tell am to think. Zombie way na one way.
Re: Where Did We Go Wrong? Nigerian Youths Wake Up! - Prof Soyinka by pillzthadrugz(m): 9:34am On Apr 11, 2016
THIS IS THE REALEST THING I HEARD SINCE 29TH OF MAY 2015. [b]THIS IS THE REALEST THING I HEARD SINCE 29TH OF MAY 2015. [/b]THIS IS THE REALEST THING I HEARD SINCE 29TH OF MAY 2015.
Re: Where Did We Go Wrong? Nigerian Youths Wake Up! - Prof Soyinka by seacoast(m): 9:35am On Apr 11, 2016
Go wrong ooo

(1) (Reply)

Eliminating Nigeria: Ipob, Boko Haram, Fulani And Biafra Charade / Saraki Replies Dele: I Did Not Make Deal With PDP / Saraki Is Pure Persecution ..tinubu And Co Should Be In Kuje Prison

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.