Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,242 members, 7,818,826 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:06 AM

Ntel 4G LTE Data Plan Compared With Mtn 3G & U.S. T-mobile 4G LTE Price - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Ntel 4G LTE Data Plan Compared With Mtn 3G & U.S. T-mobile 4G LTE Price (3887 Views)

Ntel 4g Simcard- What Kind Of Modem Would It Work With? / First Public Speedtest From Ntel's 4G LTE Advanced Network! / Best Phones For The New Ntel 4G LTE. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ntel 4G LTE Data Plan Compared With Mtn 3G & U.S. T-mobile 4G LTE Price by TechRez(m): 9:46am On Apr 11, 2016
As NTEL begins commercial roll out of 4G LTE service in Nigeria, there is electricity in the air while users gear up to taste the true definition of Long Term Evolution internet access. The newly acquired and re-branded telecom giant is currently live in Lagos and Abuja. NTEL reportedely partnered with leading Nigeria’s smartphone giant Tecno and others to roll out the service at an event in Lagos.

In the early days of March, the company opened up its online SIM reservation portal for new users to have a unique 0804 range of mobile numbers. There have been no slowing down in the company’s effort to push 4G LTE to Nigerians who feel betrayed by the so-called existing telecom giants who have failed in providing basic 3G internet access to their users.

NTEL equally rolled out several incentives, including life time free calls and free unlimited three months 4G LTE internet access for early adopters. However, the momentum NTEL currently has looks like it’s slowing down temporally after it released its first batch of 4G internet data plan with unlimited offer and speed trotting which provoked a corresponding backlash from Nigerians who think the price is way over the top.

Judging by the theoretical facts of NTEL’s 4G LTE data plan, it is said to offer speed up to 230mbps, the fastest download speed I have seen is on MTN, 1.5mbps. Although on paper, the network provider claims to offer 7.2mbps which I have never seen. Therefore, it is safe to assume that we will get an average of 100mbs with NTEL which would be super-fantastic with its current price tag.

MTN Nigeria has a 7.5GB monthly data plan priced at N8,000. That’s the best offer you can get for heavy users, but extremely limited and frustrating all the same.

NTEL poses a threat to other network providers in Nigeria, the network provider has priced its data plan to be one of the cheapest in the world. For a paltry N9,000 you get Unlimited data with daily 3GB speed trotting (speed falls to 512bps)

If you compare 4G LTE data in the United States, network providers like AT&T and T-mobile which have huge coverage provide 4G LTE internet plan from $35-$120/month. Just like NTEL, most of the offer comes with unlimited data and speed trotting on heavy usage.

NTEL 4G Long Term Evolution, LTE network infrastructure will be an instant success. As a hardcore gamer greatly frustrated by network providers, the PlayStation network and Xbox Live will see a massive surge in user activity from Nigeria. Also, the news of Sony bringing its first party PlayStation games to Android and iOS would have no limitations for Nigerians. All of those games will have multi-player support which requires network access with no lag.

Outside gaming, the super-fast NTEL 4G LTE will really improve e-learning and drive companies to profit. It will also reduce the extortion from Pay TV’s. Online streaming services like iRokoTV and Netflix would also be the early beneficiary.

To this end, MTN has seen the handwriting on the wall, the company recently lost about 2.6 million internet subscribers, but they have acquired Visafone and attempt to use it to provide high-speed internet for Nigerians. A move that has led to several court cases from other network provider as NCC continues to delay bid for 4G LTE licences.

NTEL data price rage is a reflection of serious market research. The only set of people complaining about the price of NTEL 4G LTE can be traced to users who rendered GLO network totally useless from tweaking the BlackBerry internet plan to work on Android phones. At this time, GLO lacks the capacity to disable Mobile Hotspot, so users who tweak the BIS plan eventually get to use it on any device via Mobile Hotspot. GLO has more internet users than it can handle with its mediocre network infrastructure and that can explain why users in different parts of the country complain of poor internet speed.
http://www.techrez.com/ntel-4g-lte-data-plan-compared-u-s-t-mobile-4g-lte-price/

4 Likes

Re: Ntel 4G LTE Data Plan Compared With Mtn 3G & U.S. T-mobile 4G LTE Price by BossTechy(m): 9:51am On Apr 11, 2016
TechRez:

NTEL data price rage is a reflection of serious market research. The only set of people complaining about the price of NTEL 4G LTE can be traced to users who rendered GLO network totally useless from tweaking the BlackBerry internet plan to work on Android phones. At this time, GLO lacks the capacity to disable Mobile Hotspot, so users who tweak the BIS plan eventually get to use it on any device via Mobile Hotspot. GLO has more internet users than it can handle with its mediocre network infrastructure and that can explain why users in different parts of the country complain of poor internet speed.
http://www.techrez.com/ntel-4g-lte-data-plan-compared-u-s-t-mobile-4g-lte-price/
This writer is wicked!!!

6 Likes

Re: Ntel 4G LTE Data Plan Compared With Mtn 3G & U.S. T-mobile 4G LTE Price by McCarlito(m): 9:56am On Apr 11, 2016

1 Like

Re: Ntel 4G LTE Data Plan Compared With Mtn 3G & U.S. T-mobile 4G LTE Price by teekay213(m): 10:12am On Apr 11, 2016
9K for unlimited.I can't wait to have you in ibadan.
Re: Ntel 4G LTE Data Plan Compared With Mtn 3G & U.S. T-mobile 4G LTE Price by Davedoz(m): 10:18am On Apr 11, 2016
Okay.....
Re: Ntel 4G LTE Data Plan Compared With Mtn 3G & U.S. T-mobile 4G LTE Price by TundeSalamu(m): 10:29am On Apr 11, 2016
Ntel partnering with Tecno. That's new.
So does it mean Ntel only functions on a specific range of smartphone brands?
Re: Ntel 4G LTE Data Plan Compared With Mtn 3G & U.S. T-mobile 4G LTE Price by yomalex(m): 10:39am On Apr 11, 2016
Re: Ntel 4G LTE Data Plan Compared With Mtn 3G & U.S. T-mobile 4G LTE Price by TechRez(m): 10:46am On Apr 11, 2016
TundeSalamu:

Not at all, provided you have a 4G LTE smartphone, it should work like a charm.

1 Like

Re: Ntel 4G LTE Data Plan Compared With Mtn 3G & U.S. T-mobile 4G LTE Price by Chrisx1x(m): 10:47am On Apr 11, 2016
Eleyi gidi gan
Re: Ntel 4G LTE Data Plan Compared With Mtn 3G & U.S. T-mobile 4G LTE Price by bola4dprec(m): 11:18am On Apr 11, 2016
d whole parkage is for men boys keep off

1 Like

Re: Ntel 4G LTE Data Plan Compared With Mtn 3G & U.S. T-mobile 4G LTE Price by Nobody: 11:33am On Apr 11, 2016
I hear dudes shouting ''Am going in for this 9k Plan''.... Action speaks louder IMHO...

The plan is good, especially for Betting shops, Offices that make use of Internet all the time, and Individuals that can shell out 9k for it...
Re: Ntel 4G LTE Data Plan Compared With Mtn 3G & U.S. T-mobile 4G LTE Price by Nobody: 11:38am On Apr 11, 2016
Mtn, glo, Etisalat and airtel are still better than ntel at the moment. Ask me why? Because those ones exist, ntel is non existent na so so mouth dem get. Their website looks like a blog, so empty no single information. Their sim cards are not available and they are already giving price for plans. How u want take browse without sim?

8 Likes

Re: Ntel 4G LTE Data Plan Compared With Mtn 3G & U.S. T-mobile 4G LTE Price by abnsugbe: 11:54am On Apr 11, 2016
For me,truely,this guys are scammers..Before u kw it,the money they will assume to make in 1yr will be made in 6Months....Thats how mtn started.....Nigeria needs Revolution simple....
First the come up with Unlimited 9G...what is unlimited in the first place
This people are scammers who have studied Nigerians to kw that they love the word unlimited.

2 Likes

Re: Ntel 4G LTE Data Plan Compared With Mtn 3G & U.S. T-mobile 4G LTE Price by zenith4biz(m): 11:55am On Apr 11, 2016
God help me
God show me your mercy
God pick my call
All in Jesus name
Amen.

2 Likes

Re: Ntel 4G LTE Data Plan Compared With Mtn 3G & U.S. T-mobile 4G LTE Price by Nobody: 12:31pm On Apr 11, 2016
TechRez:

Judging by the theoretical facts of NTEL’s 4G LTE data plan, it is said to offer speed up to 230mbps, the fastest download speed I have seen is on MTN, 1.5mbps. Although on paper, the network provider claims to offer 7.2mbps which I have never seen. Therefore, it is safe to assume that we will get an average of 100mbs with NTEL which would be super-fantastic with its current price tag.

Nice write up but I will focus on this small part.

First of all, I am not comparing Mtn h+ with ntel's LTE, but bros there's no need backlashing Mtn. 1.5mps? Are u kidding me? I easily clock 15mbps on my Mtn on a daily basis and the picture below is a proof. At off-peak times I still get 4mbps as the slowest speed.

Secondly, I don't know why people believe ntel will give u a download speed of 230mbps Lol. You will not get half that speed. What am I even saying, U WILL NOT GET A QUATER OF THAT SPEED. The best ntel can do is give us a speed of around 20-35mbps at launch and by the time they expand to other parts of the country expect the speed to average between 10-15mbps. This is wireless we are talking about and it can never be as stable and reliable as wired connection.

The country with the fastest LTE is SingTel in Singapore with 40mbps. Even the USA have an average LTE speed of 10mbps. Yes 10mbps, those crazy speeds u see online are done with fixed wired internet or fibre. So don't get ur hopes up thinking ntel will give u 230mps, if they give 30mbps then them don try.

1 Like

Re: Ntel 4G LTE Data Plan Compared With Mtn 3G & U.S. T-mobile 4G LTE Price by Nobody: 12:44pm On Apr 11, 2016
TundeSalamu:

Not all 4Glte phones will work on their network. Only those that support 1800 or 900 lte bands will work. Also, to take advantage of its LTE-advanced, your device needs to be LTE-advanced capable, plus it needs to support both the above stated frequencies/bands.

Google the LTE frequencies/bands of your device

Culled!!

1 Like

Re: Ntel 4G LTE Data Plan Compared With Mtn 3G & U.S. T-mobile 4G LTE Price by guente02(m): 1:37pm On Apr 11, 2016
TechRez:

Not at all, provided you have a 4G FDD LTE smartphone, it should work like a charm.
Re: Ntel 4G LTE Data Plan Compared With Mtn 3G & U.S. T-mobile 4G LTE Price by TechRez(m): 1:48pm On Apr 11, 2016
[quote author=guente02 post=44605213][/quote]
Thanks
Re: Ntel 4G LTE Data Plan Compared With Mtn 3G & U.S. T-mobile 4G LTE Price by MaryWest(f): 2:43pm On Apr 11, 2016
I had read somewhere that the 4g only works on select Tecno and Samsung devices.

can anyone please confirm how true this is?
Re: Ntel 4G LTE Data Plan Compared With Mtn 3G & U.S. T-mobile 4G LTE Price by TundeSalamu(m): 3:05pm On Apr 11, 2016
ollah1:

Not all 4Glte phones will work on their network. Only those that support 1800 or 900 lte bands will work. Also, to take advantage of its LTE-advanced, your device needs to be LTE-advanced capable, plus it needs to support both the above stated frequencies/bands.

Google the LTE frequencies/bands of your device

Culled!!

Thanks for the info.
I asked because I see a lot of Tecno device mentioned up there.

A kind of strategic move though.
Re: Ntel 4G LTE Data Plan Compared With Mtn 3G & U.S. T-mobile 4G LTE Price by Nobody: 3:07pm On Apr 11, 2016
TundeSalamu:

Thanks for the info.
I asked because I see a lot of Tecno device mentioned up there.

A kind of strategic move though.

Na today that one dey happen. Everything for the phone section has been taken over by their E marketers

1 Like

Re: Ntel 4G LTE Data Plan Compared With Mtn 3G & U.S. T-mobile 4G LTE Price by rman: 3:50pm On Apr 11, 2016
The writer cannot just hide his bias for MTN .

The 2 million subscribers lost was due to sim reg and not Ntel. Also, you are comparing 3G speed with LTE speed... Lte should be faster.

Lastly, the people conplaining about gsm operators want free browsing. Very few people will port to ntel for 9k monthly unlimited data.

The number of LTE enabled devices is still very low as they are all high end devices
Re: Ntel 4G LTE Data Plan Compared With Mtn 3G & U.S. T-mobile 4G LTE Price by Undisputed88(m): 5:50pm On Apr 11, 2016
TechRez:
As NTEL begins commercial roll out of 4G LTE service in Nigeria, there is electricity in the air while users gear up to taste the true definition of Long Term Evolution internet access. The newly acquired and re-branded telecom giant is currently live in Lagos and Abuja. NTEL reportedely partnered with leading Nigeria’s smartphone giant Tecno and others to roll out the service at an event in Lagos.

In the early days of March, the company opened up its online SIM reservation portal for new users to have a unique 0804 range of mobile numbers. There have been no slowing down in the company’s effort to push 4G LTE to Nigerians who feel betrayed by the so-called existing telecom giants who have failed in providing basic 3G internet access to their users.

NTEL equally rolled out several incentives, including life time free calls and free unlimited three months 4G LTE internet access for early adopters. However, the momentum NTEL currently has looks like it’s slowing down temporally after it released its first batch of 4G internet data plan with unlimited offer and speed trotting which provoked a corresponding backlash from Nigerians who think the price is way over the top.

MTN Nigeria has a 7.5GB monthly data plan priced at N8,000. That’s the best offer you can get for heavy users, but extremely limited and frustrating all the same.

NTEL poses a threat to other network providers in Nigeria, the network provider has priced its data plan to be one of the cheapest in the world. For a paltry N9,000 you get Unlimited data with daily 3GB speed trotting (speed falls to 512bps)

If you compare 4G LTE data in the United States, network providers like AT&T and T-mobile which have huge coverage provide 4G LTE internet plan from $35-$120/month. Just like NTEL, most of the offer comes with unlimited data and speed trotting on heavy usage.

NTEL 4G Long Term Evolution, LTE network infrastructure will be an instant success. As a hardcore gamer greatly frustrated by network providers, the PlayStation network and Xbox Live will see a massive surge in user activity from Nigeria. Also, the news of Sony bringing its first party PlayStation games to Android and iOS would have no limitations for Nigerians. All of those games will have multi-player support which requires network access with no lag.

Outside gaming, the super-fast NTEL 4G LTE will really improve e-learning and drive companies to profit. It will also reduce the extortion from Pay TV’s. Online streaming services like iRokoTV and Netflix would also be the early beneficiary.

To this end, MTN has seen the handwriting on the wall, the company recently lost about 2.6 million internet subscribers, but they have acquired Visafone and attempt to use it to provide high-speed internet for Nigerians. A move that has led to several court cases from other network provider as NCC continues to delay bid for 4G LTE licences.

Checkout this free browsing tweaks below
http://adielem.com/2016/04/07/latest-browsing-tweaks/
Re: Ntel 4G LTE Data Plan Compared With Mtn 3G & U.S. T-mobile 4G LTE Price by DJEhimond(m): 6:17pm On Apr 11, 2016
This NTEL of a network reminds me of how APC sweet-mouthed Nigerians last year. .. at the end, they wee ble.ep up noni. My Lumia no kuku get 4G. MTN all da way!
Re: Ntel 4G LTE Data Plan Compared With Mtn 3G & U.S. T-mobile 4G LTE Price by chumakk: 7:06pm On Apr 11, 2016
I can't reserve my line because of slow site and you guys are here selling fast network
Re: Ntel 4G LTE Data Plan Compared With Mtn 3G & U.S. T-mobile 4G LTE Price by Juanapeters21: 10:42pm On Apr 11, 2016
Let's observe first ooo
Re: Ntel 4G LTE Data Plan Compared With Mtn 3G & U.S. T-mobile 4G LTE Price by samintegrity(m): 11:06pm On Apr 11, 2016
Re: Ntel 4G LTE Data Plan Compared With Mtn 3G & U.S. T-mobile 4G LTE Price by aweso: 12:24am On Sep 07, 2016
Ntel 4G LTE Network

(1) (Reply)

Cost Of Infinix Hot 5 Screen / Xiaomi Redmi 9 Vs Umidigi A9 Pro / Six Things To Expect From Google’s N13,000 Smartphone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.