Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,356 members, 7,819,278 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:41 PM

Lagos - Calabar Rail Line, Not Really Niger Delta And South East Priority - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos - Calabar Rail Line, Not Really Niger Delta And South East Priority (742 Views)

Calabar Rail Removed Because Amaechi Did Not Assist Saraki In CCT Trial-vanguard / The Removal Of The Lagos-Calabar Rail: Ben Murray-Bruce Reacts On Twitter / Where Were Niger-Delta Senators & Reps When Lagos Calabar Rail Was Removed? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos - Calabar Rail Line, Not Really Niger Delta And South East Priority by akinbros: 10:48am On Apr 11, 2016
To remove sentiments here, even though I'm from the south west.

Niger Delta And South East prefer the development of deep seaport in that region. Because the building of the rail line will make the region to be reliable on Lagos for imports and exports.

They have argued from the onset that the North and south west have through partisanship not given it as a priority to build a deep seaport in that region.

I sense that once that rail line is completed; the FG will never concede to build any seaport for that region in argument that it will then be a misplaced priority by citing that goods can move from Lagos sea port to their region and the other regions in Nigeria will veto against it with their majority.

Fort the interest of peace and continued cohabitation from our Niger Delta And South East brothers and sisters, let some major economic self reliant project be built in that region.

I have a lot of friends from there and i travel alot for business. And from what i see; Nigeria can not depend on Lagos and Abuja alone if we want the happiness of Nigerians. Lets diversify developmental project.

I support this country to be one, and making any region being dependent on another will make them cry marginalization.

Build the seaport for that region and make the cabotage law flexible so goods can also be transported through inland water-ways.

These country should not be less than N0. 10 in this world if we love each other as we love ourselves. I know Lagos (south west) wont want to be dependent on any region so Niger Delta And South East should not made to be dependent on them. I am sure if we were to run a regional government the Niger Delta And South East first priority would be to build a deep sea port. Why not let them have it and make them feel a sense of belonging to one, loving and prosperous Nigeria.

Buhari should instead initiate a deep sea port for Niger Delta And South East region with the N60b in question. Amechi should look inward if he wants to win the hearts of Niger Delta And South East.

My Piece.
Re: Lagos - Calabar Rail Line, Not Really Niger Delta And South East Priority by Nobody: 10:50am On Apr 11, 2016
I am from South South/ Niger delta. The rail is important to us just the same way the deep sea is important.

However, we currently have medium depth sea port in Warri and PortHarcourt. Most shipping company don't agree to come to warri and Portharcourt because of high insecurity in Niger delta. This is because the Insurance fee to come to Niger Delta is very high, and some insurance companies don't insure it at all.

We need to solve security problem, kidnapping, vandalism, bunkering etc to attract investment to our region.

Almost all oil companies have left warri due to Insecurity.
Most oil companies in PortHarcourt have moved their cooperate head quarter to Lagos due to kidnapping.

Niger Delta is losing a lot of cooperate tax to lagos for this reasons.

Our people need to be educated that we punish ourselves more when we vandalise, kidnap and spill oil in our communities.

A major Gas plant was to be build in Warri by GEJ, but the struggle between Tompolo (Ijaw) and Ayiri (Itsekiri) prevented the project from taking place till today.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos - Calabar Rail Line, Not Really Niger Delta And South East Priority by Goke7: 10:52am On Apr 11, 2016
ok, shebi they have even removed the rail project sef, end of discussion and so let the wailing end.
Re: Lagos - Calabar Rail Line, Not Really Niger Delta And South East Priority by Agrico1: 10:55am On Apr 11, 2016
One step at a time........awon wailers oshi.
Re: Lagos - Calabar Rail Line, Not Really Niger Delta And South East Priority by LoveMachine(m): 11:16am On Apr 11, 2016
tuale4u:
I am from South South/ Niger delta. The rail is important to us just the same way the deep sea is important.

However, we currently have medium depth sea port in Warri and PortHarcourt. Most shipping company don't agree to come to warri and Portharcourt because of high insecurity in Niger delta. This is because the Insurance fee to come to Niger Delta is very high, and some insurance companies don't insure it at all.

We need to solve security problem, kidnapping, vandalism, bunkering etc to attract investment to our region.

Almost all oil companies have left warri due to Insecurity.
Most oil companies in PortHarcourt have moved their cooperate head quarter to Lagos due to kidnapping.

Niger Delta is losing a lot of cooperate tax to lagos for this reasons.

Our people need to be educated that we punish ourselves more when we vandalise, kidnap and spill oil in our communities.

A major Gas plant was to be build in Warri by GEJ, but the struggle between Tompolo (Ijaw) and Ayiri (Itsekiri) prevented the project from taking place till today.

Well said

(1) (Reply)

Ogun Suffers As Amosun Betrays It For Presidential Favours / Great Achievements Of Yar’adua President Buhari May Never Achieve / You’re Wealthy, Your Family Lives Large – UK Mail Online Mocks #hitlerbuhari’s

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.