Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,509 members, 7,826,928 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:13 PM

BREAKING: Tompolo Drags Federal Government To Court Over N45.9bn Fraud Charges - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING: Tompolo Drags Federal Government To Court Over N45.9bn Fraud Charges (923 Views)

Judge Withdraws From Fani-kayode’s N4.9bn Fraud Case / Tompolo Sues FG Over N45.9bn Fraud Charges / N45.9bn Fraud: EFCC To Try Tompolo Separately (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BREAKING: Tompolo Drags Federal Government To Court Over N45.9bn Fraud Charges by DONSMITH123(m): 3:11pm On Apr 11, 2016
Former creek warrior, Chief Government Ekpemupolo, better known as Tompolo has approached the Federal High Court in Lagos seeking an order restraining the Federal Government and its agencies from further proceeding with the N45.9bn fraud charges filed against him.
Tompolo, through his lawyer, Mr. Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa, is contending that sections 221 and 306 of the Administration of Criminal Justice Act, ACJA 2015, which prohibits him from seeking a stay of proceedings in his trial, are infringing on his constitutional rights to fair hearing.

The defendants in the suit are the Federal Government of Nigeria, the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, the Inspector-General of Police, IGP, the Chief of Army Staff, COAS, the Chief of Naval Staff, CNS and the Chief of Air Staff, CAS.

He is praying the court to nullify sections 221 and 306 of the ACJA and restrain the Federal Government, the EFCC and the IGP from deploying those sections of the law against him.

Adegboruwa argued that sections 221 and 306 are in conflict with Section 36 of the Constitution which guarantees the right to fair hearing of his client.

Cc: lalasticlala

http://dailypost.ng/2016/04/11/breaking-tompolo-drags-federal-government-to-court-over-n45-9bn-fraud-charges/

Re: BREAKING: Tompolo Drags Federal Government To Court Over N45.9bn Fraud Charges by experimentist: 3:15pm On Apr 11, 2016
Where is he? Who him send?
Re: BREAKING: Tompolo Drags Federal Government To Court Over N45.9bn Fraud Charges by OsusuMustFlow(f): 3:16pm On Apr 11, 2016
space booked.

Tompolo. lipsrsealed
Re: BREAKING: Tompolo Drags Federal Government To Court Over N45.9bn Fraud Charges by princetigris(m): 3:22pm On Apr 11, 2016
Mr High-thief Tomlopo... He who the gods wants to kill they first of all make MAD

Na everything dey increase these days
Dollar exchange rate (Increased)
Fuel pump price (Increase)
Electricity Tariff (Increased)
Air inside Peanuts (Increased)
Ashawo Price (Increased)
Akara Price (Increased)
Electronics price (Increased)
Even common Gold Circle condom (Increased)
National Budget (Increased)
Rate of Pregnancy (Increased)
Crime Rate (Increased)
And the list continues.....
Our only PRAYER is that Salary and Standard of living increases someday.
Re: BREAKING: Tompolo Drags Federal Government To Court Over N45.9bn Fraud Charges by OgbeifunErom: 3:27pm On Apr 11, 2016
Tompolo the Hero of Igbos is now running helter skelter with his tails between his legs

The fear of the GENERAL is the beginning of wisdom

Under the Ogogoro master, he acted with impunity, commanding more power than senior politicians. He is now relying on the same institution that he showed no respect for under the clueless ineffectual buffoon

May God Bless the greatest President Nigeria has ever had

The Hero of Modern Nigeria, Buhari is Nigeria's only hope

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Tompolo Drags Federal Government To Court Over N45.9bn Fraud Charges by Nobody: 3:32pm On Apr 11, 2016
I see corruption fighting back undecided
Re: BREAKING: Tompolo Drags Federal Government To Court Over N45.9bn Fraud Charges by IamPatriotic(m): 3:40pm On Apr 11, 2016
For to Tompolo to resort to court of law means that Nigeria under PMB is work in progress which sons of hate and disciples of corruption might not know, if it were to be in the past, almight Tompolo would have run to the creek to wreck havoc on oil installation and a cowardice Government running after him inducements in the name of amnesty.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Tompolo Drags Federal Government To Court Over N45.9bn Fraud Charges by Sunky200: 3:43pm On Apr 11, 2016
he dare not appear in court

upon learning that the Federal Government Of Nigeria, EFCC, Inspector General of Police (IGP), Chief of Army Staff (COAS), Chief of Air Staff (CAS) & Chief of Naval Staff (CNS) are the defendants testify to the claim that tompolo accusations a mere joke

this also means that the era of feeling/being above the law is a thing of the past

tompolo is now listening to sane and ethical advice that will do him good
Re: BREAKING: Tompolo Drags Federal Government To Court Over N45.9bn Fraud Charges by omenka(m): 3:48pm On Apr 11, 2016
Thought this guy was a fearless god who at one time forbade the FG from commissioning a project (an Export Processing Zone) without recourse to his demands and the commissioning was instantly put on hold to give room for consultations with him. Today, I don't see any difference between him and a scared little cute mouse.

How things #Change.

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Tompolo Drags Federal Government To Court Over N45.9bn Fraud Charges by VivianUdeogu(f): 3:53pm On Apr 11, 2016
The noose is getting tighter. This guy has been evading arrest for the past seven weeks; hidding in the mosquito infested creeks of the Delta.

Tompolo, you better come out of your hidding and answer the case of the land sales scam leveld against by the EFCC. Buhari no dey look Uche face. I only pity my Igbo brothers that have been egging you on all this while
Re: BREAKING: Tompolo Drags Federal Government To Court Over N45.9bn Fraud Charges by DaBullIT(m): 3:57pm On Apr 11, 2016
the moment he shows up in court

DSS will handle him

i expect protests then
Re: BREAKING: Tompolo Drags Federal Government To Court Over N45.9bn Fraud Charges by VivianUdeogu(f): 3:59pm On Apr 11, 2016
omenka:
Thought this guy was a fearless god who at one time forbade the FG from commissioning a project (an Export Processing Zone) without recourse to his demands and the commissioning was instantly put on hold to give room for consultations with him. Today, I don't see any difference between him and a scared little cute mouse.

How things #Change.
Buhari has successfully cliped his wings and that of other militants. He is now a paper weight. My Igbo brothers are the only one egging him on, even his people in Delta state like Itse Sagay; Frank Kokori; and Festus Keyamo, who is the EFCC counsel in the case, have all told him to give himself up. It is only my Umunna brothers that are still supporting him

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Tompolo Drags Federal Government To Court Over N45.9bn Fraud Charges by Vision4God: 3:59pm On Apr 11, 2016
I hope nigeria will not b used as next super story movie by wale Adenuga
Re: BREAKING: Tompolo Drags Federal Government To Court Over N45.9bn Fraud Charges by stormm: 4:05pm On Apr 11, 2016
After reaffirming that he is Tompolo when I picked his call, he went straight to the point by informing me that he wishes to inform me that he and his ‘boys’ will kill me by beating me to death or shooting me anywhere they can find me. And that the hunt for me is on.

“His exact words in pidgin English was ‘we dey look for you. Anywhere we see you, whether for Lagos or Abuja or Warri, we go beat you die or we go shoot you.’

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/170324-ex-militant-leader-tompolo-wants-to-kill-me-keyamo-cries-out.html

Now the chicken dey hide for the creeks grin grin grin
Re: BREAKING: Tompolo Drags Federal Government To Court Over N45.9bn Fraud Charges by MzMercie: 4:17pm On Apr 11, 2016
lipsrsealed Fair hearing
Re: BREAKING: Tompolo Drags Federal Government To Court Over N45.9bn Fraud Charges by IVORY2009(m): 4:19pm On Apr 11, 2016
The distractions in this Buhari's govt is something else, Tompolo shocked shocked
Re: BREAKING: Tompolo Drags Federal Government To Court Over N45.9bn Fraud Charges by blazetitov: 4:20pm On Apr 11, 2016
Come out from your sinkhole now. Coward tompolo.

As for rogue lawyer Ebun, he is simply collecting his own share of the looted fund legally.
Re: BREAKING: Tompolo Drags Federal Government To Court Over N45.9bn Fraud Charges by JuliettaBitch(f): 4:31pm On Apr 11, 2016
Good one!

Buhari you never see anything

(1) (Reply)

PDP Congress:ladi Adebutu Leads Burglars To Invade Ogun PDP Secretariat / BREAKING: Olisa Metuh Slumps In Abuja, In Critical Condition. / Boy Bitten By A Dog Starts Barking After Two Weeks (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.