Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,333 members, 7,819,142 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:51 AM

What Is The Way Forward For A Sickler With Good Grades Tryin 2 Get A Job - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What Is The Way Forward For A Sickler With Good Grades Tryin 2 Get A Job (632 Views)

ZAMFARA STATE NPOWER First Batch Shortlisted.lets Come Tugeda Find A Way Forward / Npower Teach Assessment For Letter M And N Let's Discuss The Way Forward Here / Why Do 2.2 Graduates Smartly Omit Their Grades On Their Cvs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Way Forward For A Sickler With Good Grades Tryin 2 Get A Job by dammynova: 4:49pm On Apr 11, 2016
How do a sickler with 2'1 get a job after series of rejection at series of final stage of interview and different interview stage where some interviewer even change the interview to health discussion.
Should he come out straight during the interview and tell the interviewer that his genotype is SS or not disclose and let faith take control like he has always done
Re: What Is The Way Forward For A Sickler With Good Grades Tryin 2 Get A Job by emperorchedda(m): 7:37pm On Apr 11, 2016
It's a case of employers being unfair to the job seekers. In a saner clime you can sue the firm if they rejected you due to your genotype especially when it wasn't included in their job requirement
Re: What Is The Way Forward For A Sickler With Good Grades Tryin 2 Get A Job by kehnton(m): 7:50pm On Apr 11, 2016
dammynova:
How do a sickler with 2'1 get a job after series of rejection at series of final stage of interview and different interview stage where some interviewer even change the interview to health discussion.
Should he come out straight during the interview and tell the interviewer that his genotype is SS or not disclose and let faith take control like he has always done

My advice is to stop "thinking" that you're a sickler. If you stop thinking it, you will stop saying it during interviews.

If you could get your degree without any hassle but having 2.1 which many none SS don't have, then know that you have something special.
If you think being an SS is an hindrance, just stop "thinking" you're a SS for a start.

I promise you, you will get your desired job and you wouldn't even have any health challenges while on the job.
Go get your job.

Shalom!

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Way Forward For A Sickler With Good Grades Tryin 2 Get A Job by chijen(f): 2:38am On Apr 12, 2016
Well, congratulations for graduating with a good Degree. It's not easy in the corporate world but u must have a positive attitude /mindset. I have worked with different organization though on contract basis since after nysc in 2007. You just have to be determined and honest. If u don't have the clinical look of a ss patient and u were not given a form to disclose Ur health status then u don't need to disclose it unnecessarily. The last place I worked was as an online customer care representative and I was confirmed but I had to resign after having a baby. Took a career break cause of motherhood and I'm seriously job hunting again. Also, doing my masters and want to get a skill too cs u need to have one. Finally, trust in the Lord for divine favour cos he makes all things beautiful in his time.
Re: What Is The Way Forward For A Sickler With Good Grades Tryin 2 Get A Job by Nobody: 5:35am On Apr 12, 2016
Do u really look sick physically
Re: What Is The Way Forward For A Sickler With Good Grades Tryin 2 Get A Job by mbatuku1: 8:50am On Apr 12, 2016
You don't need to bring up your health issues before job interviewers. You are not in a hospital.

(1) (Reply)

Vacancy For Sales Officer / Urgent Vacancy For A Male Blogger. N15,000 Monthly Salary. (Job Taken) / Experience Graphic Designer Needed For Immediate Employment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.