Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,112 members, 7,835,751 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:20 PM

Non-jewish Peoples/religions Knew Of The Flood - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Non-jewish Peoples/religions Knew Of The Flood (633 Views)

DISCUSSION: YHWH (jewish) And Enki (epic Of Gilgamesh) Who Is Older? / Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. / Bride-To-Be Swept Away By Flood In Anambra Catholic Church (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Non-jewish Peoples/religions Knew Of The Flood by Nobody: 4:55pm On Apr 11, 2016
The Flood is a common story in all religions. Almos all non-Hebrews/Jewish peoples knew of the Great Deluge. This actually proves that the Flood is a fact and cannot be denied no matter what scientists/atheists say.... I will take time to quote texts which support the basis for a historical flood though each texts tell a different story and has included myths and legends contrary to the historical event in the Bible....

THE FLOOD IN INDIAN TEXTS/SCRIPTURES

1. "In the morning, they brought to Manu, water for washing....... While washing himself, the fish Matsya came into his hands.

2. "It said to him 'Rear me, I will save you!' 'From what will you save me?' 'A flood will carry away all these creatures: from that, I will save you!'

'How am I to rear you?'

3. "The fish directed Manu how to care for him, for it said 'In such and such a year, that flood will come. You shall heed my advice by building a ship; and when the flood arises, you shall come into the ship and I will save you from it.'

4. Manu followed the fish's advice and during the flood, the fish pulled the ship to a northern mountain. It then said 'I saved you.' 'Fasten the ship to a tree; but do not let the water cut you off as you are on the mountain and as the water abates, you may gradually descend' - Satapatha Brahmana.
Re: Non-jewish Peoples/religions Knew Of The Flood by Nobody: 6:45pm On Apr 11, 2016
FLOOD LEGEND IN BABYLONIAN TABLETS

1. Gilgamesh said to Utnapishtim the Distant: "I seek you, yet your appearance is not strange. You are not distict, my mind was made up to fight you yet my weapon is useless against you. Tell me, how have you stood with gods and found life?"

2. Utnapishtim said to Gilgamesh: "I will reveal to you, Gilgamesh, a thing unknown, a secret of gods, I will tell you! Suruppak, a city you do know, located on the bank of the Euphrates. That city was very old and gods dwelled in it.

4. "The great gods were moved to cause the flood:

The valiant Enlil was their adviser
Ninurta their chamberlain
Ennugi was their drainage master.

5. "Ea, the prince was under oath with them so he repeated their saying to the reed house:
'O reed house, reed house! Wall, wall!
O man of Suruppak, son of Ubar-Tutu.
Demolish this house and build a boat!
Give up wealth and seek life!
Gather possessions and save life!
Make offsprings of all living things into
the boat
'

6. 'The boat which you build must have equal dimensions and its length must correspond its width.
Roof it over as the firmament (Apsu)'

7. I understood and said to my lord Ea: "My lord, this is what you command! I will obey and do it. - Epic Of Gilgamesh tablet XI
Re: Non-jewish Peoples/religions Knew Of The Flood by Nobody: 12:34pm On Apr 12, 2016
this just prove that the byebull is a big fat lie

first story says Manu,second says Gilgamesh

the flood in both stories did not cover the whole earth

but ur byebull say it covered the whole earth
Re: Non-jewish Peoples/religions Knew Of The Flood by Nobody: 2:27pm On Apr 12, 2016
Naijaboy007:
this just prove that the byebull is a big fat lie

first story says Manu,second says Gilgamesh

the flood in both stories did not cover the whole earth

but ur byebull say it covered the whole earth

I am wagging my head for the level of your folly...... Each culture beleves in a flood...... Besides, both imply a world wide flood in which their gods were said to destroy mankind........
Re: Non-jewish Peoples/religions Knew Of The Flood by Scholar8200(m): 4:56pm On Apr 12, 2016
This shows that:

There was actually a flood;

There was a time when the world was of one tongue!

Just as Genesis shows.
Re: Non-jewish Peoples/religions Knew Of The Flood by Nobody: 8:22pm On Apr 12, 2016
lordnicklaus:

I am wagging my head for the level of your folly...... Each culture beleves in a flood...... Besides, both imply a world wide flood in which their gods were said to destroy mankind........

the flood in the first story was caused by an Indian god

the second by Sumerian god

and u saying yahweh caused it which should i believe

Indian god, or Sumerian god or yahweh
Re: Non-jewish Peoples/religions Knew Of The Flood by Annunaki(m): 8:24pm On Apr 12, 2016
Actually science confirms the global flood story. The last global ice age ended 10,000 years ago resulting in the melt down of continent sized glaciers and global flooding.
Re: Non-jewish Peoples/religions Knew Of The Flood by Nobody: 8:28pm On Apr 12, 2016
Naijaboy007:

the flood in the first story was caused by an Indian god

the second by Sumerian god

and u saying yahweh caused it which should i believe

Indian god, or Sumerian god or yahweh

They are all the same story, only that people's views changed over time and myths and legends were incoporated into that of Babylon and India. While that of Genesis story is true......
Re: Non-jewish Peoples/religions Knew Of The Flood by Nobody: 8:56pm On Apr 12, 2016
lordnicklaus:

They are all the same story, only that people's views changed over time and myths and legends were incoporated into that of Babylon and India. While that of Genesis story is true......

ask an Indian or Sumerian and he/she will say his story is the true event and that urs is just a copied version
Re: Non-jewish Peoples/religions Knew Of The Flood by simplex2: 9:28pm On Apr 12, 2016
Noah's generation of less than a million people living in an area less than the size of Ghana was destined to be wiped out by a God and the God decided the best way to wipe them out was to flood the entire world even areas uninhabited.

What an omni-omni everything God!

1 Like

Re: Non-jewish Peoples/religions Knew Of The Flood by Nobody: 3:29pm On Apr 13, 2016
All these ancient cultures are descendants of Noahs. The story was passed down generations with narrators trying to make sense of it.

I think that the earth itself shows signs of a flood. Major lakes Luke the lake Victoria and Chad are just the remains of a much bigger water system that covered most of Africa around 5000 years ago. Most of Africa was a flood plain after the flood.

(1) (Reply)

I Have Nothing to do with the Panama Papers Report- Prophet Tbjoshua / Before I Can Take Any Religion Serious / Uka Loses Post As Moderator Of Presbyterian Church Of Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.