Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,112 members, 7,821,820 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:25 PM

What Is The Opposite Of The Word "Opposite" - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Is The Opposite Of The Word "Opposite" (5107 Views)

All English Language Students And Masterminds. The Opposite Of Sorry Is Here! / Words That Sound Like Opposite But Are Actually Synonyms / 10 Common Sayings That Mean The Opposite Of What You Think (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Opposite Of The Word "Opposite" by philomental: 6:36pm On Apr 11, 2016
I was just thinking about this and couldn't get an answer so I decided to ask my people on NairaLand.

Thanks for all your contributions.
Re: What Is The Opposite Of The Word "Opposite" by chijioke17(m): 6:37pm On Apr 11, 2016
Its still opposite
Re: What Is The Opposite Of The Word "Opposite" by philomental: 6:38pm On Apr 11, 2016
chijioke17:
Its still opposite
Na lie.
Re: What Is The Opposite Of The Word "Opposite" by Nobody: 6:39pm On Apr 11, 2016
unopposite grin

5 Likes

Re: What Is The Opposite Of The Word "Opposite" by chijioke17(m): 6:41pm On Apr 11, 2016
philomental:
Na lie.
oya what is Ur own answer
Re: What Is The Opposite Of The Word "Opposite" by JhimmySpark(m): 6:44pm On Apr 11, 2016
EroticAngelina:
unopposite grin
.. Choi, ai go lyk copy u for any exam ooo.. U sabi book die.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Opposite Of The Word "Opposite" by Nobody: 6:46pm On Apr 11, 2016
Similar, alike, similitude they are quite many

9 Likes

Re: What Is The Opposite Of The Word "Opposite" by Ezedon(m): 6:47pm On Apr 11, 2016
Ask Buhari
but to me, the answer is SAME
but opposite of CHANGE is TRANSFORMATION

7 Likes

Re: What Is The Opposite Of The Word "Opposite" by mackhunter77: 6:50pm On Apr 11, 2016
it's "WORD" ....when teacher draw line for board, she go write WORD and then OPPOSITE.

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Is The Opposite Of The Word "Opposite" by seggzz(m): 6:51pm On Apr 11, 2016
philomental:
I was just thinking about this and couldn't get an answer so I decided to ask my people on NairaLand.

word>>>>opposite
opposite>>>>word.

oya take am with forty lashes of cane. So you wasted your mb to ask this stup!d question?

****just annoying****
Re: What Is The Opposite Of The Word "Opposite" by ExAngel007(f): 6:51pm On Apr 11, 2016
"Identical", "the same", "alike", "similar", "comparable".

17 Likes

Re: What Is The Opposite Of The Word "Opposite" by Yuneehk(f): 6:54pm On Apr 11, 2016
mackhunter77:
it's "WORD" ....when teacher draw line for board, she go write WORD and then OPPOSITE.
kikikiki... You're sure we didnt attend same primary school?

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Opposite Of The Word "Opposite" by obizzy(m): 6:54pm On Apr 11, 2016
ExAngel007:
u smart

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Opposite Of The Word "Opposite" by ExAngel007(f): 7:00pm On Apr 11, 2016
obizzy:
u smart
thanx
Re: What Is The Opposite Of The Word "Opposite" by obizzy(m): 7:07pm On Apr 11, 2016
ExAngel007:
thanx
you're welcome angel.
Re: What Is The Opposite Of The Word "Opposite" by Nobody: 7:11pm On Apr 11, 2016
JhimmySpark:
.. Choi, ai go lyk copy u for any exam ooo.. U sabi book die.

lol thank u grin no worry, I go open my book well well make u copy.
na A+ u go get sef.
Re: What Is The Opposite Of The Word "Opposite" by daewoorazer(m): 7:20pm On Apr 11, 2016
philomental:

'opposite' is a transitive and highly contextual word, hence, u cant find its opposite in isolation of d context. E.g
opposite in meaning : same in meaning

opposite of : same as
*peace*

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Opposite Of The Word "Opposite" by thesicilian: 7:23pm On Apr 11, 2016
ExAngel007:

1 Like

Re: What Is The Opposite Of The Word "Opposite" by lizzlix(m): 8:18pm On Apr 11, 2016
Adjacent

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Opposite Of The Word "Opposite" by DBlackCeazer(m): 8:27pm On Apr 11, 2016
Synonyms!
Re: What Is The Opposite Of The Word "Opposite" by 0955eb027(m): 8:43pm On Apr 11, 2016
In a right angled triangle, the opposite of Opposite is the hypotenuse. In my own world, the opposite of Opposite is OppositeOpposite.B-);-)

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Opposite Of The Word "Opposite" by naturalwaves: 9:49pm On Apr 11, 2016
philomental:

It depends on what type of opposite you are referring to. Is it "opposite" like the converse of something? Or physically "opposite" like the mosque is opposite the church? Which of the opposites are you referring to? That is what will determine the answer.
Re: What Is The Opposite Of The Word "Opposite" by Temitoppe(m): 10:03pm On Apr 11, 2016
opposite of opposite is word
Re: What Is The Opposite Of The Word "Opposite" by Oahray: 10:19pm On Apr 11, 2016
0955eb027:
In a right angled triangle, the opposite of Opposite is the hypotenus. In my own world, the opposite of Opposite is OppositeOpposite.B-);-)
hypotenuse isn't the opposite of opposite in a right-angled triangle or any triangle for that matter. Opposite is opposite the acute angle in being considered, that's why it's even called opposite.

@op, it depends on context. Opposite means different things depending on usage, and each meaning has its opposite.
Re: What Is The Opposite Of The Word "Opposite" by moredollar(m): 10:19pm On Apr 11, 2016
Opposite of "opposite" is synonym.....

1 Like

Re: What Is The Opposite Of The Word "Opposite" by Kingstone32(m): 11:15pm On Apr 11, 2016
It's a lie, it's a lie! You guys don't know anything! The opposite of OPPOSITE is WORDS! Na wetin my aunty tell me! Why are they saying "WORDS and OPPOSITE" grin
Re: What Is The Opposite Of The Word "Opposite" by dam4wummy(m): 11:16pm On Apr 11, 2016
mackhunter77:

loozzz
Re: What Is The Opposite Of The Word "Opposite" by stanvesco(m): 12:15am On Apr 12, 2016
philomental:

I tink its synonyms
Re: What Is The Opposite Of The Word "Opposite" by JETLEE007: 12:38am On Apr 12, 2016
ALTERNATE thats the antonyms

Opposite - Alternate
Alternate - Opposite
Re: What Is The Opposite Of The Word "Opposite" by Nobody: 12:50am On Apr 12, 2016
Opposite of d word opposite is direct
Re: What Is The Opposite Of The Word "Opposite" by glamz007(m): 12:58am On Apr 12, 2016
mackhunter77:
lmao... indeed!!
Re: What Is The Opposite Of The Word "Opposite" by rammer87: 1:02am On Apr 12, 2016
if you want to order for our product you can give us a call or visit pharmworldng blog.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Complete Project Topics And The Material For Student.we Have The Materials Ready / University Of Nigeria Teaching Hospital(unth) 2016/2017 Internship List Out / Mysterious Events No One Can Explain.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.