Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,579 members, 7,823,517 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:12 AM

Questions Buhari Deserves To Answer Nigerians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Questions Buhari Deserves To Answer Nigerians (775 Views)

Benue Attack: Fayose Questions Buhari’s Silence On Herdsmen Killings / Even God Rested On The 7th Day, Pres. Buhari Deserves Some Rest - Femi Adeshina / Senator Ike Ekweremadu Questions Buhari Decision On Gambia War (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Questions Buhari Deserves To Answer Nigerians by Freegift75: 10:07pm On Apr 11, 2016
When you needed our votes before 2015 election, you toured all States preaching to us to believe you as the long-awaited Messiah to reverse the hardship in the land.

But today the situation is worsen.

1. Why is President Buhari silent on the fuel scarcity? Most especially as the self-nominated Petroleum Minister, his silence is a disappointment to Nigeria.

2. Why is President Buhari proposing foreign loan?
It is in insane nation that such thing happens. What about the recovered stolen fund? What is president Buhari reserving the fund for? Even why has he refused to announce how much recovered so far?

3. Why Prof Osinbajo has being gracing most occasions meant for president in Nigeria why the President feels more fulfilled in attending offshore invitations?

As a pro-change agent, I think Buhari owes Nigerians pathetic and consoling explanation. Because no doubt that the opposition is waxing stronger by Mr President's nonchalant attitude.

This is democracy - Nigerians
Re: Questions Buhari Deserves To Answer Nigerians by harjayi(m): 10:13pm On Apr 11, 2016
ask dem ooo
Re: Questions Buhari Deserves To Answer Nigerians by abduljabbar4(m): 10:15pm On Apr 11, 2016
Do we have an opposition party in Nigeria? Somebody help!
Re: Questions Buhari Deserves To Answer Nigerians by babyfaceafrica: 10:24pm On Apr 11, 2016
I don't need him to talk..who talk don help?...I need him to work!!!.....I pray he does do well...if you want a talking governor vote fayose or ffk in 2019
Re: Questions Buhari Deserves To Answer Nigerians by ifyan(m): 11:53pm On Apr 11, 2016
If you ask me na who l go ask.

We want CHANGE but now we are rejecting it.

Hmmm 3more years to go remember
Re: Questions Buhari Deserves To Answer Nigerians by Freegift75: 1:03am On Apr 12, 2016
ifyan:
3 yrs more than enough to re-write Nigeria's story. Keep your hope alive
Re: Questions Buhari Deserves To Answer Nigerians by Freegift75: 1:03am On Apr 12, 2016
ifyan:
3 yrs more than enough to re-write Nigeria's story. Keep your hope alive
Re: Questions Buhari Deserves To Answer Nigerians by ebiboy2(m): 3:48am On Apr 12, 2016
I laugh when i see some people keep wishing things can get better under Buhari.
It's like saying Igbos should vote for APC.
Re: Questions Buhari Deserves To Answer Nigerians by kenny987(f): 4:32am On Apr 12, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
I don't need him to talk..who talk don help?...I need him to work!!!.....I pray he does do well...if you want a talking governor vote fayose or ffk in 2019

It is important for a good leader to speak to and connect with his constituents. Keeping aloof and indifferent only creates a negative perception of dictatorial tendencies. Such leader can never make good impact because he's not in touch with the public. It succeds only in raising the hackles of the people who put him there in the first instance.

He must talk and must also act.
Re: Questions Buhari Deserves To Answer Nigerians by Nobody: 5:49am On Apr 12, 2016
It's the daily government propaganda show...with QT. smiley

Freegift75:
When you needed our votes before 2015 election, you toured all States preaching to us to believe you as the long-awaited Messiah to reverse the hardship in the land.

But today the situation is worsen.

1. Why is President Buhari silent on the fuel scarcity? Most especially as the self-nominated Petroleum Minister, his silence is a disappointment to Nigeria.

1.Well, his Minister of State has spoken extensively about why we have a fuel crisis

a) Nigeria needs 70million liters of fuel daily. Our refineries, when working well, can give us 17million. The rest has to be imported. And thanks to the fall in oil prices....we no longer have the cash to import.

b) Many oil marketers have not been paid....since the last administration. As a result...many of them owe money heavily, and it is just now that the govt is managing to pay them.

c) Of course....deregulation and removal of subsidy would end this problem. But the reason why Govt refuses to remove the subsidy...is because Nigerians do not want to pay fuel at the proper price...which is above N150.

D)If GEJ the miracle worker had built the three refineries promised in 2010....but never even built...perhaps we would have been in a better place now.

2. Why is President Buhari proposing foreign loan?
It is in insane nation that such thing happens. What about the recovered stolen fund? What is president Buhari reserving the fund for? Even why has he refused to announce how much recovered so far?

a) Well...not all the money has been recovered. Most of it is abroad...plus....investigations are ongoing to establish which is govt's own, and which isn't. (After all...government workers and public officials can make lots of cash legitimately)

b) Nigeria needs oil prcies to be at $123 per barrel to balance the books. Right now it is $40 per barrel. Loans are inevitable.

c) GEJ too had to take loans...eg : this one

d) Which boils down to this point....when you are resource dependent...the sources of funds for the treasury are at best tenuous...due to dropping and rising prices.Sure...GEJ should have saved...but in the long run....we would just have delayed the inevitable.

3. Why Prof Osinbajo has being gracing most occasions meant for president in Nigeria why the President feels more fulfilled in attending offshore invitations?

a) Perhaps it is a testament to Buhari's powers of delegation...which is what a good leader does by the way.

b)As a VP...Osibanjo has a chance of being president someday (And no-I am not thinking what you may think I am thinking). What better way to prep him for the job.

c)There is no rule that a President has to be at each and every event! Besides...we did not elect them to be delivering speeches at this or that opening of the XYZ....

As a pro-change agent, I think Buhari owes Nigerians pathetic and consoling explanation. Because no doubt that the opposition is waxing stronger by Mr President's nonchalant attitude.

This is democracy - Nigerians

Explanations have been given. Nigerians want quick solutions.

I think the problem is.....no one in government explains the problems faced clearly, and how to solve them clearly.

1 Like

Re: Questions Buhari Deserves To Answer Nigerians by babyfaceafrica: 6:44am On Apr 12, 2016
kenny987:

It is important for a good leader to speak to and connect with his constituents. Keeping aloof and indifferent only creates a negative perception of dictatorial tendencies. Such leader can never make good impact because he's not in touch with the public. It succeds only in raising the hackles of the people who put him there in the first instance.

He must talk and must also act.
he is taciturn ,and. That's his personality. And he won't change,where the prob lies is his media team are not doing enough...so if. You expect him to talk more is like expecting manna to fall from heaven,he is just too introverted that's all,someone like ogbonaya onu also had the same traits,they don't believe in talk.....its amaechi,fayose,ffk,bruce andco that can sway people With oratory skills.......all in all..I just want this fuel and light crises to improve!!
Re: Questions Buhari Deserves To Answer Nigerians by Freegift75: 7:41am On Apr 12, 2016
Quakertellicus1:
It's the daily government propaganda show...with QT. smiley

1.Well, his Minister of State has spoken extensively about why we have a fuel crisis

a) Nigeria needs 70million liters of fuel daily. Our refineries, when working well, can give us 17million. The rest has to be imported. And thanks to the fall in oil prices....we no longer have the cash to import.

b) Many oil marketers have not been paid....since the last administration. As a result...many of them owe money heavily, and it is just now that the govt is managing to pay them.

c) Of course....deregulation and removal of subsidy would end this problem. But the reason why Govt refuses to remove the subsidy...is because Nigerians do not want to pay fuel at the proper price...which is above N150.

D)If GEJ the miracle worker had built the three refineries promised in 2010....but never even built...perhaps we would have been in a better place now.

a) Well...not all the money has been recovered. Most of it is abroad...plus....investigations are ongoing to establish which is govt's own, and which isn't. (After all...government workers and public officials can make lots of cash legitimately)

b) Nigeria needs oil prcies to be at $123 per barrel to balance the books. Right now it is $40 per barrel. Loans are inevitable.

c) GEJ too had to take loans...eg : this one

d) Which boils down to this point....when you are resource dependent...the sources of funds for the treasury are at best tenuous...due to dropping and rising prices.Sure...GEJ should have saved...but in the long run....we would just have delayed the inevitable.

a) Perhaps it is a testament to Buhari's powers of delegation...which is what a good leader does by the way.

b)As a VP...Osibanjo has a chance of being president someday (And no-I am not thinking what you may think I am thinking). What better way to prep him for the job.

c)There is no rule that a President has to be at each and every event! Besides...we did not elect them to be delivering speeches at this or that opening of the XYZ....

Explanations have been given. Nigerians want quick solutions.

I think the problem is.....no one in government explains the problems faced clearly, and how to solve them clearly.

God bless you for me. You made my day. Nigerians need more clarity on some issue in order to stop wailing on this from.

Pls educate them more.

Are you one of PMB's media spoke person
Re: Questions Buhari Deserves To Answer Nigerians by Nobody: 7:42am On Apr 12, 2016
Freegift75:

God bless you for me. You made my day. Nigerians need more clarity on some issue in order to stop wailing on this from.

Pls educate them more.

Are you one of PMB's media spoke person

No. Just your generic citizen.

(1) (Reply)

I Must Go And Meet God Babangida Speaks Out On His Illness / News! News!! News!!! Outcome Of The Meeting Held Between Ssaeac /nuee And Bpe / Checkout What Late Rasheed Yekini's Mother Do For A Living.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.