Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,135 members, 7,863,947 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 09:27 AM

Can The President Unilaterally Borrow Money Without The Approval Of NASS. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can The President Unilaterally Borrow Money Without The Approval Of NASS. (547 Views)

Nigerians React Over Approval Of $1 Billion For Anti-Terrorism War / Reno Omokri Blasts President Buhari Over Approval Of Kano-Daura Railway / Saraki, Dogara, Bello, Tambuwal At Wedding Reception Of Son Of Clark Of NASS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can The President Unilaterally Borrow Money Without The Approval Of NASS. by Nobody: 10:41am On Apr 12, 2016
Greetings Nairalanders,
First and foremost, I'm neither PDP nor APC. We all know our president has jetted out to China, part of which is to go borrow money($2b).

Pls is the president not subjected to the approval from NASS before borrowing the money?

How wide has the president consult before going ahead to borrow? Is this money an interest free loan?
In my opinion, I think there are wealthy Nigerians that can borrow this country money without interest even up to five years, then we pay gradually. Is it bad to borrow from them? Or is it unconstitutional.

Pardon my ignorance I just want to know.
Thanks
Re: Can The President Unilaterally Borrow Money Without The Approval Of NASS. by omowolewa: 11:13am On Apr 12, 2016
Yes, he can't.
Re: Can The President Unilaterally Borrow Money Without The Approval Of NASS. by Pidggin(f): 11:18am On Apr 12, 2016
Rightfully, the answer is NO, but Buhari does not understand this.
Re: Can The President Unilaterally Borrow Money Without The Approval Of NASS. by Nobody: 11:19am On Apr 12, 2016
Yes he can if he is still a Dictator undecided undecided undecided
Re: Can The President Unilaterally Borrow Money Without The Approval Of NASS. by enlightenedmind: 12:52pm On Apr 12, 2016
No he actually can't but unfortunately nobody trusts NASS so we r fine with it. Intact I prefer he excludes all of dem from money matters as they r greedy.
Re: Can The President Unilaterally Borrow Money Without The Approval Of NASS. by YouthsPC0: 1:49pm On Apr 12, 2016
I think it was captured in the medium term expenditure framework MTEF approved by NASS

(1) (Reply)

Us Releases Gory Report On Nigeria / What You Must Know About Buhari And China Deal! / Radio Nigeria Abuja Co-thrift Still In The News

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.