Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,619 members, 7,816,548 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:59 PM

My Ecobank Experience, Pan African Service? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Ecobank Experience, Pan African Service? (879 Views)

Apply For Ecobank 2018 Fintech Challenge For African Start-ups / Ecobank Branch Is On Fire (Photos) / Ecobank May Shut Down 70 Branches Nationwide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Ecobank Experience, Pan African Service? by livenletlive: 11:01am On Apr 12, 2016
I don’t usually like going to banking halls for transactions, especially simple cash transactions. ATM and internet banking are perfect for me.
I got an inflow late Friday, 8th April, and rushed to the closest bank next morning, the 9th, to quickly transfer the funds as it was meant for urgent payments up north for produce business. The transaction was rejected, ‘transaction rejected, contact your bank’, and,’ issuer or switch inoperative’. I was at a loss of what to do. The security man at the bank suggested that I visit my bank,Ecobank, as other bank cards were transacting successfully. It meant Ecobank was probably ‘down’. I drove to the branch at Gbagada, after Charley Boy bus stop. True to the security man’s assertion, the bank was ‘down’. Transaction was rejected as ‘issuer or switch inoperative’, and ‘unable to complete’. I was confused, but the security guys assured me it was temporary downtime and suggested i call back. I left my phone number for them to alert me when the machine is up and working. They did at about 12 noon and I made it again to the nearest bank. The result was same, ‘transaction rejected, contact your bank’. I resolved to visit ECOBANK on Monday to withdraw cash as the card did not work. But this was the same card I used a week ago to withdraw 6k, so I was truly confused and embarrassed as I resulted to ’ trivial excuses’ to my family associate to wait for Monday.
I was compelled to visit ECOBANK, Gbagada branch, on 11th April 2016, because I was unable to use my ATM card the previous weekend. I got in at 8.30am and another experience started. A very jovial lady politely informed that ‘accounts could not be accessed’, but ‘kindly submit your withdrawal slip and wait for a moment as we are working to resolve the issue’. I submitted my slip like others and waited. One hour passed, nothing. Furious activity by the cash crew and customer service team yielded efforts as people started getting paid. Another hour passed and I could not understand any longer as all the people that came as my time got paid and left, yet, no one told me why my transaction was held back. I approached the lady teller that collected my slip and she told me to wait again as she passed it to customer service. I moved to the customer service guy to know the problem. He has passed the slip to the manager. I moved to the manager and enquired what the challenge was? She replied, ‘whatever the challenge is being resolved and you will be paid so take your sit and wait for your turn’. I tucked my tail between my legs and sat down, the head teacher has spoken and the pupil dare not disobey. I made another desperate attempt at the ATM, my bank’s ATM, still rejected.
One more hour drove by and I had done 3 hours without any explanation from anyone why I was being delayed for so long. The staff wore very grim faces and looked unapproachable. I summoned courage and went back to ‘manager’ again, a heavily pregnant lady who was clearly irritated at everybody sight. Her behavior suggested she was doing us a great favour by sitting there as she snapped at every customer enquiry. Pregnancy is a beautiful creation of God and should not be used to draw sentiments for incompetence. This lady should be on maternity leave, or be at the back office in head office, not facing customers, my honest thoughts. I could not enlighten her that she is supposed to be rendering service, not ordering clients to sit down. She should be observant and notice any customer waiting longer than the bank’s TAT approval and actually resolve the issue. But she is very pregnant and I guess, not at her best this moment. It was over three hours now and my friend was desperately waiting for the funds at the other end, so I made another desperate move to enquire my status and luckily for me, the good lady I had met earlier came by again, so I asked why I was not served for 3 hours. She was surprise that I was still in the banking hall and asked the ‘manager’ why I was kept there. Then the ‘manager’ feebly snapped to action and asked the lady teller to post my slip for payment. I left the bank after 11am and no one apologized for the delay or even told me why I was kept for over 3 hours for a transaction of less than 30 minutes. This bank is comfortably sliding into the position of former Union Bank of those days.
Could ECOBANK explain to me?
1 Why was my card and account disabled without notice?
2 Why are ECOBANk customer care numbers 07005000000 and 08003262265 disconnected? I frantically called the numbers for help over the weekend and while I was in the banking hall, to at least get an explanation on my account. It was useless as the numbers were not valid.
3 What happened to my account that I could not access it? I lost out on an urgent produce purchase which would have yielded extra income. I was not notified in anyway, I wouldn’t have allowed the funds into a trap as it was meant for urgent use.
4 My BVN is fine as I had used the card to withdraw 6k two weeks earlier, so what happened suddenly to my account?
5 These complain is to assist service so that other unprotected customers will not suffer my fate. As for me, my second sour experience and I know better with ECOBANK now.
Re: My Ecobank Experience, Pan African Service? by afolakemi: 1:59pm On Apr 12, 2016
livenletlive:
I don’t usually like going to banking halls for transactions, especially simple cash transactions. ATM and internet banking are perfect for me.
I got an inflow late Friday, 8th April, and rushed to the closest bank next morning, the 9th, to quickly transfer the funds as it was meant for urgent payments up north for produce business. The transaction was rejected, ‘transaction rejected, contact your bank’, and,’ issuer or switch inoperative’. I was at a loss of what to do. The security man at the bank suggested that I visit my bank,Ecobank, as other bank cards were transacting successfully. It meant Ecobank was probably ‘down’. I drove to the branch at Gbagada, after Charley Boy bus stop. True to the security man’s assertion, the bank was ‘down’. Transaction was rejected as ‘issuer or switch inoperative’, and ‘unable to complete’. I was confused, but the security guys assured me it was temporary downtime and suggested i call back. I left my phone number for them to alert me when the machine is up and working. They did at about 12 noon and I made it again to the nearest bank. The result was same, ‘transaction rejected, contact your bank’. I resolved to visit ECOBANK on Monday to withdraw cash as the card did not work. But this was the same card I used a week ago to withdraw 6k, so I was truly confused and embarrassed as I resulted to ’ trivial excuses’ to my family associate to wait for Monday.
I was compelled to visit ECOBANK, Gbagada branch, on 11th April 2016, because I was unable to use my ATM card the previous weekend. I got in at 8.30am and another experience started. A very jovial lady politely informed that ‘accounts could not be accessed’, but ‘kindly submit your withdrawal slip and wait for a moment as we are working to resolve the issue’. I submitted my slip like others and waited. One hour passed, nothing. Furious activity by the cash crew and customer service team yielded efforts as people started getting paid. Another hour passed and I could not understand any longer as all the people that came as my time got paid and left, yet, no one told me why my transaction was held back. I approached the lady teller that collected my slip and she told me to wait again as she passed it to customer service. I moved to the customer service guy to know the problem. He has passed the slip to the manager. I moved to the manager and enquired what the challenge was? She replied, ‘whatever the challenge is being resolved and you will be paid so take your sit and wait for your turn’. I tucked my tail between my legs and sat down, the head teacher has spoken and the pupil dare not disobey. I made another desperate attempt at the ATM, my bank’s ATM, still rejected.
One more hour drove by and I had done 3 hours without any explanation from anyone why I was being delayed for so long. The staff wore very grim faces and looked unapproachable. I summoned courage and went back to ‘manager’ again, a heavily pregnant lady who was clearly irritated at everybody sight. Her behavior suggested she was doing us a great favour by sitting there as she snapped at every customer enquiry. Pregnancy is a beautiful creation of God and should not be used to draw sentiments for incompetence. This lady should be on maternity leave, or be at the back office in head office, not facing customers, my honest thoughts. I could not enlighten her that she is supposed to be rendering service, not ordering clients to sit down. She should be observant and notice any customer waiting longer than the bank’s TAT approval and actually resolve the issue. But she is very pregnant and I guess, not at her best this moment. It was over three hours now and my friend was desperately waiting for the funds at the other end, so I made another desperate move to enquire my status and luckily for me, the good lady I had met earlier came by again, so I asked why I was not served for 3 hours. She was surprise that I was still in the banking hall and asked the ‘manager’ why I was kept there. Then the ‘manager’ feebly snapped to action and asked the lady teller to post my slip for payment. I left the bank after 11am and no one apologized for the delay or even told me why I was kept for over 3 hours for a transaction of less than 30 minutes. This bank is comfortably sliding into the position of former Union Bank of those days.
Could ECOBANK explain to me?
1 Why was my card and account disabled without notice?
2 Why are ECOBANk customer care numbers 07005000000 and 08003262265 disconnected? I frantically called the numbers for help over the weekend and while I was in the banking hall, to at least get an explanation on my account. It was useless as the numbers were not valid.
3 What happened to my account that I could not access it? I lost out on an urgent produce purchase which would have yielded extra income. I was not notified in anyway, I wouldn’t have allowed the funds into a trap as it was meant for urgent use.
4 My BVN is fine as I had used the card to withdraw 6k two weeks earlier, so what happened suddenly to my account?
5 These complain is to assist service so that other unprotected customers will not suffer my fate. As for me, my second sour experience and I know better with ECOBANK now.

I’m shocked at your experience! You deserve answers. I still called their Contact Center over the weekend and their agent attended to me. Make an official report to them via email (ENGContactCentre@ecobank.com)
Re: My Ecobank Experience, Pan African Service? by kunleawosika: 3:58pm On Apr 12, 2016
Aaawwwwww, please call Ecobank ombudsman 01-2260450 and channel your complaint, they will treat issues like yours speedily.

(1) (Reply)

How Your Mind Power Can Lead You To Financial Success / BREAKING: Naira Crashes To N285/$1 At Interbank Market / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.