Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,408 members, 7,819,453 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:33 PM

Should You Build A Mansion In The Village? - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Should You Build A Mansion In The Village? (472 Views)

Would You Build A House With 40m Or Invest It In Bonds? / Igbemo-ekiti Plantain And Banana Village Investment / Your Empty Land Can Become A Money Making Machine If You Build A ............. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Should You Build A Mansion In The Village? by okoyechinenye(f): 11:44pm On Apr 12, 2016
Author and personal finance coach, Usiere Uko writes on the advantages and disadvantages of building a mansion in one’s village.

I was in my village recently, and as it is my custom, I take a stroll around as I walk back down memory lane – reliving good memories, meeting old faces and observing new developments. One of mum’s pet questions was when I plan to build a house in the village. I have seen cases of people with quit notices from their landlord giving them sleepless nights while they own a house in the village or a building under construction. I know some who died in the city as tenants, never living in the dream home they sunk their life savings into in the village.

Owning a home of your own is a deeply emotional issue, and having one where you come from more so, as it is akin to having your roots in the ground. In many cultures, you cannot claim you are from a village until you can point to your house if you are an adult male or your father’s house if you are a child. There is nothing wrong with having a house in your village, if you can afford one – afford being in the context of your financial goals. Many have taken it to a whole new level, putting up a monstrous building or a mansion which sticks out as a landmark, indicating the arrival status of the owner, which may not be the case if you see where he lives in the city.

Many people believe their first building must be in their village. Why build and help develop another person’s city? That is a valid point. If you look at it from another angle, if you spend almost 40 years or more in a place and only retire back home for another 20 years or so, which place is really your home? Why pay rent for almost 40 years when you could have used that money to own a home and put in other investments.

Continue Reading via http://www.martnewsreports.com/2016/04/12/should-you-build-a-mansion-in-the-village/
Re: Should You Build A Mansion In The Village? by Flexherbal(m): 1:46am On Apr 13, 2016
Y ess .If it is a family house.

(1) (Reply)

Starting A National Daily Newspaper / Many Ways To Reduce Charges In Your Bank / Investment Tips

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.