Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,155 members, 7,821,925 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:57 PM

Evidence Showing SS And SE Senators Killing Lagos Calabar Rail Project--vanguard - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Evidence Showing SS And SE Senators Killing Lagos Calabar Rail Project--vanguard (7999 Views)

"Only SE Senators And Reps Can Make Biafra Happen" Senator Tejuoso / Buhari Personally Negotiated Lagos-calabar Rail Project Funding – Osinbajo / The Removal Of The Lagos-Calabar Rail: Ben Murray-Bruce Reacts On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Evidence Showing SS And SE Senators Killing Lagos Calabar Rail Project--vanguard by Nobody: 12:11pm On Apr 13, 2016
Meanwhile, the Senate,yesterday,said that in spite of protest by the executive over alleged non-inclusion of the N60 billion Lagos-Calabar coastal rail project in the 2016 budget, it would not revisit the budget.

Instead, the Red Chamber asked President Muhammadu Buhari to prepare a detailed supplementary budget capturing the project and submit before it for consideration.

The Senate, which took the decision during its closed-door session, shortly after resumption of plenary, insisted that the President must sign the budget as passed, thus giving indication that the legislature might override the President if he vetoed the bill as passed by NASS.

The closed-door session where the resolution was taken, was clouded in heated arguments as some senators of the ruling All Progressives Congress, APC, insisted on capturing the Lagos-Calabar rail project in the budget, while those from the opposition Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, stood firm that the President must assent the budget and later submit the project in a supplementary budget.
Vanguard gathered that the Senate President, Bukola Saraki, who presided over the one-hour long session, upheld the latter due to overwhelming support for it.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/04/fg-defends-amaechi-says-project-captured-in-budget/

We all know that almost all the PDP Senators are from South South and South East. Atleast 70% of PDP senators are from South South and South east.

Start from paragraph 19 in the link

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Evidence Showing SS And SE Senators Killing Lagos Calabar Rail Project--vanguard by 2cato: 12:18pm On Apr 13, 2016
Pouring the apc failure on pdp senators

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Evidence Showing SS And SE Senators Killing Lagos Calabar Rail Project--vanguard by Nobody: 12:24pm On Apr 13, 2016
2cato:
Pouring the apc failure on pdp senators

All d PDP senators are just forming Solidarity with Saraki at d expense of thier people.
Pathetic.

With the supplementary, it means all the money they have diverted to their constituency project remains. With amendment the FG is asking for, it means removing what they added (Padded) and using the money for Calabar rail road. The funny thing is that most of the things added (padded) are for the North. Can you see how foolish and myopic our SS and SE senators are?

Our myopic SS and SE senators are busy shouting the calabar rail was not in the submitted budget. But their smart Northern senate colleague added Northern project which were not included in the submitted project. Can self destruction be more than this all in the name of shallow and bear parlour politics?

For those SS and SE peoples who does not understand the benefit of this rail project, let me explain it to them.

Today to travel from Calabar to lagos by bus cost atleast 7000 naira. with these rail it will cost about 3000 naira.
This will also reduce the number of people dying by road accident.
This will also reduce the traffic on our road.
This will also reduce exposure to high way arm robbers.

In summary, the truth is that all this budget controversy is because of only one reason, which is, Buhari have some level of Integrity that is not common among average Nigeria politician. Buhari integrity for sure is not 100%, but it is much higher than the integrity of an average Nigerian politician.

If Buhari was sharing Ghana must go,the Budget would have be considered perfect by NASS.

If we decide to go and study all the budget sent to NASS by the presidency since 1999, you will be shock that they have much more errors than this current budget. But yet most of them pass the house without major issues.

Some people accuse Buhari of not lobbying Senate and they try to compare Obama lobbying of US senate to Nigeria. In US, lobbying is all about supporting a senator's bill and federal intervention for thier constituency.

But in Nigeria lobbying means the following:
1. Share Ghana must go filled with Naira/dollar to NASS members
2. Stop Saraki glaring corruption trial
3. Look the other way when NASS members are involved in major corrupt practices.

Is that the kind of lobbying we want from our president?

52 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Evidence Showing SS And SE Senators Killing Lagos Calabar Rail Project--vanguard by idensko(m): 12:24pm On Apr 13, 2016
Una don start again.

Divide nd rule.

Can somebody just explain 2 m why d Executive did not go through d budget
B4 submitting it 2 d legislators?

All d padding and all diz embarrassment wount be happening.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Evidence Showing SS And SE Senators Killing Lagos Calabar Rail Project--vanguard by blazetitov: 12:32pm On Apr 13, 2016
Am not surprised. PDP is an evil party that never meant well for the ordinary masses. They will steal billions and share coins to their poor followers who come online to praise them.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Evidence Showing SS And SE Senators Killing Lagos Calabar Rail Project--vanguard by TippyTop(m): 12:34pm On Apr 13, 2016
Million months to appoint minister another millennia to get our budget right.

When illiterates rule the poor suffers: Karl Marx.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Evidence Showing SS And SE Senators Killing Lagos Calabar Rail Project--vanguard by Nobody: 12:40pm On Apr 13, 2016
tuale4u:

All d PDP senators are just forming Solidarity with Saraki at d expense of thier people.
Pathetic.

SMH

Same way that you people in SW formed solidarity with the North at the expense of the South. Would you people be overly concerned about this project had the rail been from Onitsha to Calabar? Nope...you are just concerned because it involves Lagos. Give me a break with your hypocrisy.

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Evidence Showing SS And SE Senators Killing Lagos Calabar Rail Project--vanguard by Nobody: 12:47pm On Apr 13, 2016
uduak2016:

Same way that you people in SW formed solidarity with the North at the expense of the South. Would you people be overly concerned about this project had the rail been from Onitsha to Calabar? Nope...you are just concerned because it involves Lagos. Give me a break with your hypocrisy.

i am not from South WEST. i am from South South. Obi Ezekwesili is from South East. Chris Nigige is from South East. Etc.

We are discussing project for our people, u are bringing in shallow politics.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Evidence Showing SS And SE Senators Killing Lagos Calabar Rail Project--vanguard by comos: 12:47pm On Apr 13, 2016
buhari should follow the appropriate channel.

He can add the rail line project and resend it to the senate for approval
Re: Evidence Showing SS And SE Senators Killing Lagos Calabar Rail Project--vanguard by Nobody: 12:53pm On Apr 13, 2016
tuale4u:

i am not from South WEST. i am from South South. Obi Ezekwesili is from South East. Chris Nigige is from South East. Etc.

We are discussing project for our people, u are bringing in shallow politics.

Keep lying....no SS or SE cares about this project not even Calabars except you SW people.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Evidence Showing SS And SE Senators Killing Lagos Calabar Rail Project--vanguard by dondo83(m): 1:01pm On Apr 13, 2016
uduak2016:

Keep lying....no SS or SE cares about this project not even Calabars except you SW people.

listen to yourself. ahhhh. im speechless can a human being reason like this?

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Evidence Showing SS And SE Senators Killing Lagos Calabar Rail Project--vanguard by Nobody: 1:17pm On Apr 13, 2016
dondo83:

some people have gone mad just because GEJ loss election.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Evidence Showing SS And SE Senators Killing Lagos Calabar Rail Project--vanguard by Nobody: 1:28pm On Apr 13, 2016
If it is N9bn to buy cooking stove now. They will quickly put it back.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Evidence Showing SS And SE Senators Killing Lagos Calabar Rail Project--vanguard by asorocker: 1:29pm On Apr 13, 2016
I thank God that the South East and Niger delta people are waking up from their slumber

4 Likes

Re: Evidence Showing SS And SE Senators Killing Lagos Calabar Rail Project--vanguard by Goke7: 1:39pm On Apr 13, 2016
I told a colleague at work who is from cross river state that 'una people de forbid railway line' the guy laughed and laughed.

From the look of things here, its all politics cos the only strength left for pdp is the ss and se of which they can't afford APC penetrating that area for now.

3 Likes

Re: Evidence Showing SS And SE Senators Killing Lagos Calabar Rail Project--vanguard by kenny987(f): 1:48pm On Apr 13, 2016
I don't see where the SS/SE senators have blocked this project. They have said the Executive should bring forward a supplementary bill. The Senate Chairman ruled in favour of this because it was a more popular stand. PDP alone cannot have a more popular stand with overwhelming support when they are in the minority so what is the op going on about?

8 Likes

Re: Evidence Showing SS And SE Senators Killing Lagos Calabar Rail Project--vanguard by iscbaba: 1:53pm On Apr 13, 2016
Thx to PDP for giving him support...I tink competition is good in politics not 1 party system......quote from... http://www.sisgenews.com/stay-with-your-job-pdp-rivers-enourrages-amachi-over-lagos-calabar-rail-project-controversy/
Re: Evidence Showing SS And SE Senators Killing Lagos Calabar Rail Project--vanguard by Goke7: 1:54pm On Apr 13, 2016
kenny987:
I don't see where the SS/SE senators have blocked this project. They have said the Executive should bring forward a supplementary bill. The Senate Chairman ruled in favour of this because it was a more popular stand. PDP alone cannot have a more popular stand with overwhelming support when they are in the minority so what is the op going on about?

A supplementary is not possible with the current deficit in the present budget, these fellows are simply looking for more money to steal, can't you see? the senate president panders towards the pdp, have you not noticed this all the while, they placed him there

7 Likes

Re: Evidence Showing SS And SE Senators Killing Lagos Calabar Rail Project--vanguard by Nobody: 1:58pm On Apr 13, 2016
kenny987:

With the supplementary, it means all the money they have diverted to their constituency project remains. With amendment the FG is asking for, it means removing what they added and putting Calabar rail road. The funny thing is that most of the things added are for the North. Can you see how foolish and myopic our senators are?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Evidence Showing SS And SE Senators Killing Lagos Calabar Rail Project--vanguard by ElCount: 2:11pm On Apr 13, 2016
kenny987:
baba I tire o! I think say na only me see that thing, how can PDP a minority in the senate all of a sudden develop overwhelming support, op no sabi lie at all. Besides how come its all about SS/SE when SW is also involved in the project?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Evidence Showing SS And SE Senators Killing Lagos Calabar Rail Project--vanguard by IamPatriotic(m): 2:17pm On Apr 13, 2016
ElCount:
baba I tire o! I think say na only me see that thing, how can PDP a minority in the senate all of a sudden develop overwhelming support, op no sabi lie at all. Besides how come its all about SS/SE when SW is also involved in the project?

it is the people in the SS and SE that need the project more because they need Lagos than Lagos needing Calabar or any other part of the country, Eko for, Lagos for action!

1 Like

Re: Evidence Showing SS And SE Senators Killing Lagos Calabar Rail Project--vanguard by ashjay001(m): 2:19pm On Apr 13, 2016
tuale4u:

With the supplementary, it means all the money they have diverted to their constituency project remains. With amendment the FG is asking for, it means removing what they added and putting Calabar rail road. The funny thing is that most of the things added are for the North. Can you see how foolish and myopic our senators are?

U know, I've had a migraine since this fracas came up, all because of our foolish and myopic house of assembly! They can't just leave politics aside to bring about progress?! And u see their acolytes standing firmly behind them, even after being denied progress. So disgraceful!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Evidence Showing SS And SE Senators Killing Lagos Calabar Rail Project--vanguard by 400billionman: 2:21pm On Apr 13, 2016
When did PDP senators outnumber APC senators?

4 Likes

Re: Evidence Showing SS And SE Senators Killing Lagos Calabar Rail Project--vanguard by Nobody: 2:25pm On Apr 13, 2016
400billionman:
When did PDP senators outnumber APC senators?

Most APC senators are from the North which the current padding favours.
The APC senators who are asking for the amendment are most likely (me thinking) from south west.
A northern APC senator has no reason to complain because his job as a senator is to represent his region.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Evidence Showing SS And SE Senators Killing Lagos Calabar Rail Project--vanguard by dridowu: 2:29pm On Apr 13, 2016
Buhari should please resend it cos at the long run it will benefit the common man not the foolish sinators

1 Like

Re: Evidence Showing SS And SE Senators Killing Lagos Calabar Rail Project--vanguard by otokx(m): 2:32pm On Apr 13, 2016
comos:
buhari should follow the appropriate channel.

He can add the rail line project and resend it to the senate for approval

The money for the project was diverted and looted by the NASS.

2 Likes

Re: Evidence Showing SS And SE Senators Killing Lagos Calabar Rail Project--vanguard by otokx(m): 2:34pm On Apr 13, 2016
tuale4u:

That is how most south south and south east politicians are, no concern for the masses welfare, just them and their families.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Evidence Showing SS And SE Senators Killing Lagos Calabar Rail Project--vanguard by sammyj: 2:53pm On Apr 13, 2016
I said it in my earlier comment that this SS Senators are selfish and worthless to their region. Imagine playing politics with something that would be of benefits to their region. Where is the self acclaimed common sense senator in all this mess!!! angry cheesy shocked shocked shocked cool

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Evidence Showing SS And SE Senators Killing Lagos Calabar Rail Project--vanguard by Nobody: 2:55pm On Apr 13, 2016
sammyj:
I said it in my earlier comment that this SS Senators are selfish and worthless to their region. Imagine playing politics with something that would be of benefits to their region. Where is the self acclaimed common sense senator in all this mess!!! angry cheesy shocked shocked shocked cool

sad

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Evidence Showing SS And SE Senators Killing Lagos Calabar Rail Project--vanguard by Emekamex(m): 2:58pm On Apr 13, 2016
@op I don't know why you are crying more than the bereaved. I didn't see you make all these noise when 2nd Niger Bridge was shelved by Fashola. I can remember most of y'all were defending him then.
So stop wailing as if you are a patriotic Nigerian, all I see in you is a clear hypocrite looking for a way to pile blames on the wrong people. If APC was truly CHANGING Nigeria, that project would have been included without any qualms as y'all are majority in the legislature.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Evidence Showing SS And SE Senators Killing Lagos Calabar Rail Project--vanguard by Pidggin(f): 3:00pm On Apr 13, 2016
This is what you get when you have a president that has no proper western education undecided

1 Like

Re: Evidence Showing SS And SE Senators Killing Lagos Calabar Rail Project--vanguard by Nobody: 3:08pm On Apr 13, 2016
dondo83:

Keep quiet whats the economical value of this rail line..... with this rail line Major sea port in SS and SE is dead....they will have every excuse to tell you to import and export from Lagos, we know ur antics..... Northerners sell their food to Lagos, what do Lagos want from SS and SE, nothing but crude oil, then sell the finished product from Lagos Dangote refinery back to SE and SS when those old FG refineries have packed up...Rubbish

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu's Alleged Hideout Revealed / Respond To US Corruption, Human Right Allegations - PDP Challenge Buhari And APC / SERAP Writes Buhari, Seeks Speedy Trial Of Corrupt Past Governors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.