Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,362 members, 7,819,308 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:07 PM

The Dramatic Moment Russian Fighter Jets 'buzzed' A US Navy Warship - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / The Dramatic Moment Russian Fighter Jets 'buzzed' A US Navy Warship (4668 Views)

26 Dead Nigerian Women Found In Spanish Warship.. / US Navy Seals, The Special Force Having The Most Brutal And Deadly Training. / Kerry: We Could Have Shot Down The Russian Jet That Buzzed A US Destroyer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Dramatic Moment Russian Fighter Jets 'buzzed' A US Navy Warship by NairaMinted: 6:09pm On Apr 16, 2016
ebamma:
Just watching this thread
like Russia watching Crimea,
To the average pro America zombie, all is fair and nice in Washington Dc., America can do no wrong, though, their Major Media organisations support their wars, with biased reporting, the are no propaganda tool of the government, but when Russian or Chinese Media do same, the are propaganda tools of the government

Oga, zombies abound o. Even here on Nairaland but nice guys like us are doing our best to assist with their pre-programmed minds. We can't but help and not give up on them even it seemingly looks like a lost cause.
Re: The Dramatic Moment Russian Fighter Jets 'buzzed' A US Navy Warship by ebamma(m): 6:12pm On Apr 16, 2016
NairaMinted:

Oga, zombies abound o. Even here on Nairaland but nice guys like us are doing our best to assist with their pre-programmed minds. We can't but help and not give up on them even it seemingly looks like a lost cause.
those guys are annoying, and almost all of them always sound the same, sometimes i always think the are bots.
Re: The Dramatic Moment Russian Fighter Jets 'buzzed' A US Navy Warship by NairaMinted: 6:17pm On Apr 16, 2016
ebamma:
those guys are annoying, and almost all of them always sound the same, sometimes i always think the are bots.

You can see the weak attempt digress by resorting to insults and disparaging remarks TOTALLY failing to answer a simple question a "tiny mind" that she she keeps coming back yet and yet again to engage. Comical really.

1 Like

Re: The Dramatic Moment Russian Fighter Jets 'buzzed' A US Navy Warship by Missy89(f): 6:17pm On Apr 16, 2016
NairaMinted:

Butt-hurt Missy, throwing an issy fit. I am laughing at your incoherence and the hole you dug yourself into - or you would rather have me express sadness? You just don't seem to be able to score a lucky break so that at least some bit of your propaganda will fly.

Again.....Why must I share the views of anyone from North Korea?What is the connection between North Korea and China? After all their "unifying factor Stalin is dead" according to you!

Why do you keep vacillating? Same manner that one moment, you are supporting Putin, tomorrow, you are not! Are you schizophrenic? Abi all those historical facts that you like to wax about have got you confused?

Whilst I await my answer, perhaps you care to agree with the views from the paper below: Pro-Western, non-communist, acceptable ...

I keep telling you your brain is tiny. Now this is amusing. You need to show me where i said Stalin was unifying Korea and China.

I can write on a daily mail website and claim to be from Newcastle even if i am in Abidjan. Again, which part of China is America trying to claim?

1 Like

Re: The Dramatic Moment Russian Fighter Jets 'buzzed' A US Navy Warship by NairaMinted: 6:24pm On Apr 16, 2016
Missy89:

I keep telling you your brain is tiny. Now this is amusing. You need to show me where i said Stalin was unifying Korea and China.

I can write on a daily mail website and claim to be from Newcastle even if i am in Abidjan. Again, which part of China is America trying to claim?

Oh my Missy! Liar liar pants on fire! Is it that time of the month? (Lemme copy your style.)

Amerika doesn't have any territorial dispute with China? Google is your friend my dear...Dwelling on that important interjection (which is a fact by the way) won't save you... "Tiny brain" has got you busy, scurrying for a point eh? Lol!

1 Like

Re: The Dramatic Moment Russian Fighter Jets 'buzzed' A US Navy Warship by Missy89(f): 6:26pm On Apr 16, 2016
NairaMinted:

[s]
Oh my Missy! Liar liar pants on fire! Is it that time of the month? (Lemme copy your style.)

Amerika doesn't have any territorial dispute with China? Google is your friend my dear...Dwelling on that important interjection (which is a fact by the way) won't save you... "Tiny brain" has got you busy, scurrying for a point eh? Lol!
[/s]

So what part of China is America laying claims to?

1 Like

Re: The Dramatic Moment Russian Fighter Jets 'buzzed' A US Navy Warship by NairaMinted: 6:28pm On Apr 16, 2016
Dailymail ain't good enough for ya I see.... What about The Telegraph? The Guardian?

Or perhaps let me allow you pick any that you fancy
Re: The Dramatic Moment Russian Fighter Jets 'buzzed' A US Navy Warship by Missy89(f): 6:30pm On Apr 16, 2016
NairaMinted:
Dailymail ain't good enough for ya I see.... What about The Telegraph? The Guardian?

Or perhaps let me allow you pick any that you fancy

Stop running away from the question. What part of China is America laying claims to?

1 Like

Re: The Dramatic Moment Russian Fighter Jets 'buzzed' A US Navy Warship by NairaMinted: 6:44pm On Apr 16, 2016
Missy89:

Stop running away from the question. What part of China is America laying claims to?

Smh! So I claimed that the Amerika is laying claim to a territory? I actually said that? That's the only way you understand of a "territorial dispute"?

Hold that thought... I'll help you in a bit..

My question again - and I'll itemize it since it's proving quite difficult for you:

1. Why must I share what the dailies in North Korea are saying.... Can you at least answer this question?

2. Since the views of a communist paper don't seat well with you, and since that of DailyMail isn't either (go figure!) I have been kind enough to allow you choose one. Please choose

1 Like

Re: The Dramatic Moment Russian Fighter Jets 'buzzed' A US Navy Warship by Missy89(f): 6:55pm On Apr 16, 2016
NairaMinted:

Smh! So I claimed that the Amerika is laying claim to a territory? I actually said that? That's the only way you understand of a "territorial dispute"?

Hold that thought... I'll help you in a bit..

My question again - and I'll itemize it since it's proving quite difficult for you:

1. Why must I share what the dailies in North Korea are saying.... Can you at least answer this question?

2. Since the views of a communist paper don't seat well with you, and since that of DailyMail isn't either (go figure!) I have been kind enough to allow you choose one. Please choose

Dictionary : A territorial dispute is a disagreement over the possession/control of land between two or more territorial entities or over the possession or control of land, usually between a new state and the occupying power.

So what part of Chinese territory is america laying claims to?

Since simple English is difficult for you. My question was rhetorical so you dont need to share anything from north korea

You didn't share the views of dailymail, you foolishly shared the comments . One of them was from Anywhere, United states where is that located?

So tell me more about China grin

1 Like

Re: The Dramatic Moment Russian Fighter Jets 'buzzed' A US Navy Warship by NairaMinted: 7:22pm On Apr 16, 2016
Missy89:

Dictionary : A territorial dispute is a disagreement over the possession/control of land between two or more territorial entities or over the possession or control of land, usually between a new state and the occupying power.

So what part of Chinese territory is america laying claims to?

Since simple English is difficult for you. My question was rhetorical so you dont need to share anything from north korea

You didn't share the views of dailymail. you foolishly share the comments . One of them was from Anywhere, United states where is that located?

So tell me more about China grin

1. Aha! Knew you would finally come around! Now we are getting somewhere albeit ONLY after you backtracked and claimed rhetoric. So you were being rhetorical then & not implying that there is a shared view -or any relevance for that matter - between North Korea and China as far as the humiliating incident (second time by the way) in the Baltic sea is concerned. Phew! Good girl!

2. Second, at times I wonder if you actually exhibit signs of dimwitness (no insult, just couldn't find a better word) or that you are hoping that the person you are chatting with is dimwitted enough not to see through the game you are playing....I'm leaning towards the latter though...

So, because someone protected his/her privacy and refused to disclose his/her location, whatever he/she says doesn't count? Ok then, what about the other commenters that have got full identities? Oh! I forgot, these are comments - from readers that the papers are ironically addressing...Comments don't matter in the free world, people's opinions are irrelevant but only those of paid-for or invited editors or scholars right? So why then are the op-eds in papers such as the BostonGlobe, Washington Post & others that have increasingly exposed the mendacity and duplicity of Amerika not palatable to you? You see what I'm driving at, Missy89? Therefore my dear, PLEASE CHOOSE ANY western paper of your choice and let's see what the editors, writers abd readers have to say..... Isn't this mighty brave and benevolent of me? What more do you want?

3. Since the phrase "territorial dispute" doesn't seat well with you, what would you call the clashes (verbally and physically) beaten China and Amerika over the South China Sea? Have all these news media been using the wrong term? What would you rather have them use Madam English?

Again, all itemized for simplification. Answer all please... With a cherry on top

2 Likes

Re: The Dramatic Moment Russian Fighter Jets 'buzzed' A US Navy Warship by scully95: 7:35pm On Apr 16, 2016
NairaMinted:

The thing, my friend, with sanctions is their bite dissipates over time especially as the target country adapts to the situation and gradually decouples itself from the instruments that are used to wield sanctions. The window of opportunity to make the sanctions hurt is fast closing; several European leaders, scholars, economists, etc have called for the sanctions to be lifted as the Russian PM himself has predicted that they would; the farmers and businesses in Europe are hurting themselves from the naively imposed sanctions ( sanctions that were effected ONLY after an increasingly dubious MH17 incident occurred); Russia as the neo-cons had hoped hasn't lashed out in anger or frustration to sanctions and other provocations but has rather demonstrated it's sophistication and tact by playing the long game... and so on

Renew the yeye sanctions! Sanctions ko, Sanchez ni... They will be shouting sanctions, sanctions, sanctions upandan......As if sanctions is the beginning and the end of the world
You hit the nail on the head and where it hurts those trolls the most..

1 Like

Re: The Dramatic Moment Russian Fighter Jets 'buzzed' A US Navy Warship by Appleyard(m): 9:41pm On Apr 16, 2016
Lucasbalo:
What popularity ?. Trump is going no where but his ego won't let him admit it. Missy89 said it all in her reply to you.
Aright... grin
Re: The Dramatic Moment Russian Fighter Jets 'buzzed' A US Navy Warship by Appleyard(m): 10:14pm On Apr 16, 2016
Missy89:

Trump is viewed unfavorably by 67 percent of Americans overall; 75 percent of women; 74 percent of young voters; 91 percent of African Americans; 81 percent of Latinos; 73 percent of college-educated whites; 66 percent of white women; and 72 percent of moderates ,59 percent of whites overall, and he is even viewed unfavorably by majorities of non-college whites (52 percent) and white men (51 percent).

He can only win in Planet Smecazuno grin
Wow! That's awesome my lady. grin But ask yourself; since when do opinion polls wins elections? They're just a fragment aggregrational representation of the unknown, and they are overwhelmingly subject to certain determinants. Wait until he finish clinching the R ticket, and when the real showdown begins, come back and relay this ya ''basket ball-like scores'' opinion polls standings. cheesy It's then you will know that opinion polls are just like football league tables that keep changing day in day out. cheesy The only thing they can do now is deny him the ticket, one way or the other. Otherwise, once that man get that permissive piece of paper, its then you will know why politics is a game of swings and tacts; Hillary would be toasted before the very eyes of the General public....cheesy

I just can't wait for that time to come! Opinion polls keh! grin

i laf in kumaisi.... grin

We shall see, my dear Lady. cheesy
Re: The Dramatic Moment Russian Fighter Jets 'buzzed' A US Navy Warship by Appleyard(m): 1:46am On Apr 17, 2016
Missy89:

You keep showing you have little understanding of the country you support everyday. You are in over your head

Contrary to your opinion, ''All personal activities'' are not been watched in Russia. That's an exaggeration of the highest order that even a lie dedector will get angry with. Russia is not a police state like Amerika where a man and a woman's bedroom civil war are watched and recorded by the NSA, with no privacy of their own.

Have you heard about SORM?

Read more about Russian surveillance here. http://www.worldpolicy.org/journal/fall2013/Russia-surveillance

Finally you said,

Opining that oppositions are not tolerated in Russia under Putin, is a script from western media narative

Do you know the only MP that voted against the Crimea annexation is now in exile just because he had a different opinion?
Don't go over your character, my dear. Contrary to your deposition, i know Russia like the back of my hand. I did alot of studies on the Baltics and Soviet history back in skool. So you and your Langley sons can't lecture me on Rus and the mentality of the people thereof. Russia is no saint nor the best place to be, but its neither worse that the US when it comes to human rights. Before now, i have said it on a similar thread that most of these highly develop nations are all guilty of spying. I told your son recently that the act of a government spying on it's own people, is a feature of totalitarianism, and SORM, like many others around the globe, (the west in particular) is just a fragment of that problem. Now from the theme of the article you posted above, it was clear that, although eavesdropping has always been around, which everybody knew, the propensity at which it has risen in sophistication while gaining legal sanctity, is mainly born out of the new waves of toppling authorities and destroying nations by your hegemonic masters, through what is now called ''color coded revolutions.'' Its only an uninformed and propagandized mind that still believe that the Arab Spring was a ''chanced occurrance.'' And as a result, this has given the perverted excuse to some of these governments to tighten and consolidate on existing practise (however mild,) and introduce new measures to secure their long term economic, political and security future. But notwithstanding, what is wrong, is always wrong, though it may be right in the eyes of a few.

Be that as it may, i think also that this too has also been often times over exaggerated. We know that in modern day surveillance ,the easiest way for someone to eavesdrop on your communications isn’t to intercept them in transit anymore; it’s to hack your computer. And by this, it can not be against ''all persons'' like our brother said. There are always the primary target.
And another thing people have failed to grasp is that, partial or exstensive control of the internet, does not change peoples opinion or views the way its been portrayed. That's why despite SORM and the rest, you still see protests here and there in Moscow and other places. . The Ukrainian SORM was in place, yet a color coded revolution successfully took place, landing the country into chaos.
Last March, there was protest in St. Petersburg following the provocative punishment of Dadin under Russia's controversial article 212.1.

It is always easy to over exaggerate.

On the opposition, the anti crimean voter that went into exile, was it Putin that sent him away? The people that have been protesting here are there since last year to this year; how many of them have been chased by Putin into exile?

2 Likes

Re: The Dramatic Moment Russian Fighter Jets 'buzzed' A US Navy Warship by Missy89(f): 4:17am On Apr 17, 2016
Appleyard:
it was clear that, although eavesdropping has always been around, which everybody knew, the propensity at which it has risen in sophistication while gaining legal sanctity, is mainly born out of the new waves of toppling authorities and destroying nations by your hegemonic masters

Nobody cares about what you study in school. If you cant discuss issues properly without making obvious mistakes, you are only deceiving yourself

You claimed Russia is not spying on her citizens. Now you are saying Russia is spying because the west always try to topple governments.
SORM has been around since the mid 90s. who was trying to topple Yeltsin?

Finally you are now claiming SORM is ineffective (citing Ukraine even thou we are talking about Russia) Why are you running from pillar to post?

There are protests in America too, that doesn't mean surveillance in nonexistent

3 Likes

Re: The Dramatic Moment Russian Fighter Jets 'buzzed' A US Navy Warship by Appleyard(m): 6:47pm On Apr 17, 2016
Missy89:

Nobody cares about what you study in school. If you cant discuss issues properly without making obvious mistakes, you are only deceiving yourself

You claimed Russia is not spying on her citizens. Now you are saying Russia is spying because the west always try to topple governments.
SORM has been around since the mid 90s. who was trying to topple Yeltsin?

Finally you are now claiming SORM is ineffective (citing Ukraine even thou we are talking about Russia) Why are you running from pillar to post?

There are protests in America too, that doesn't mean surveillance in nonexistent?

Stop misrepresenting my intentions. I never enphantically denied that Russia like the rest don't partake in spying. Who doesn't know about the KGB? What i tried explaining and denouncing was the over exaggeration by our brother when he said ''all personal activities'' are controlled or supervised in Russia, and i gave my argument to that effect. So....

By the way; how are your preparations to vacate Fairfax going? You know Trump, the chosen one, is on the ascedency, and you know what lies ahead.. cheesy But being the good man i am, i can help you with a return ticket to Siberia, provided you would ride on John Kerry's Donald Cook twice unfortunate cruiser.. grin is that Okay with you, my lady? grin
Re: The Dramatic Moment Russian Fighter Jets 'buzzed' A US Navy Warship by Missy89(f): 8:39pm On Apr 17, 2016
Appleyard:
Stop misrepresenting my intentions. I never enphantically denied that Russia like the rest don't partake in spying. Who doesn't know about the KGB? What i tried explaining and denouncing was the over exaggeration by our brother when he said ''all personal activities'' are controlled or supervised in Russia, and i gave my argument to that effect. So....

By the way; how are your preparations to vacate Fairfax going? You know Trump, the chosen one, is on the ascedency, and you know what lies ahead.. cheesy But being the good man i am, i can help you with a return ticket to Siberia, provided you would ride on John Kerry's Donald Cook twice unfortunate cruiser.. grin is that Okay with you, my lady? grin

No surveillance is capable of controlling and supervising all "personal activities". Do you know the amount of man power that would be required to monitor every single citizen? You have to be a person of interest before you are monitored 247. So there is hardly any difference between the 2. The bottom line is both countries still save every metadata ( in case you become a POS)

This is what happens to you if you borrow a book in Russia

http://www.themoscowtimes.com/arts_n_ideas/news/article/investigators-searching-for-moscow-readers-who-borrowed-books-on-ukraine-famine/565746.html

How do you think the "investigators" got that information?

1 Like

Re: The Dramatic Moment Russian Fighter Jets 'buzzed' A US Navy Warship by Appleyard(m): 9:15pm On Apr 17, 2016
Missy89:

No surveillance is capable of controlling and supervising all "personal activities". Do you know the amount of man power that would be required to monitor every single citizen? You have to be a person of interest before you are monitored 24. So there is hardly any difference between the 2. The bottom line is both countries still save every metadata ( in case you become a POS)

This is what happens to you if you borrow a book in Russia

http://www.themoscowtimes.com/arts_n_ideas/news/article/investigators-searching-for-moscow-readers-who-borrowed-books-on-ukraine-famine/565746.html

How do you think the "investigators" got that information?

I quite agree with you, especially on your point of having to be of interest.. Thats right..

The link clearly support that fact.

1 Like

Re: The Dramatic Moment Russian Fighter Jets 'buzzed' A US Navy Warship by NairaMinted: 11:13pm On Apr 18, 2016
scully95:

You hit the nail on the head and where it hurts those trolls the most..

Lol!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Dramatic Moment Russian Fighter Jets 'buzzed' A US Navy Warship by NairaMinted: 6:58pm On Apr 25, 2016
Like the Gulf of Tonkin incident, another encounter at sea has been twisted to fit an agenda of demonization and in pursuance of the propaganda of "Russian aggression" For the sake of the Baltic states, the Ukrainians and the Polish people I hope they snap outta their delusions before their misguided leaders lead them into the abyss.

Appleyard, Underground, Cyprus000, Zoharariel, Scully95, Fineguy11, Tkester2 , bonechamberlain, capip120, Barram I'm tagging you guys just in case i get blocked again. If I do get blocked, see you again at about 7pm Tuesday the 26th wink

http://johnhelmer.net/?p=15464
BOY ON BURNING DECK – WHAT THE USS DONALD COOK AND THE POLISH NAVY WERE DOING OFF KALININGRAD WHEN THEY WERE BUZZED BY THE RUSSIAN AIRFORCE
Re: The Dramatic Moment Russian Fighter Jets 'buzzed' A US Navy Warship by NairaMinted: 7:01pm On Apr 25, 2016
BOY ON BURNING DECK – WHAT THE USS DONALD COOK AND THE POLISH NAVY WERE DOING OFF KALININGRAD WHEN THEY WERE BUZZED BY THE RUSSIAN AIRFORCE

By John Helmer, Moscow
The confrontation last week between Russian aircraft and a US-Polish naval operation in the Baltic Sea, within shooting distance of Kaliningrad, was a long anticipated and professionally executed exercise by the military commanders of all three countries. “Unprofessional”, as Admiral Mark Ferguson commanding US Naval Forces in Europe called it, was the very least thing it was. But who provoked, who feinted, who attacked first, and who defended are questions the publicity that has followed is meant to obscure.

One outcome that was not anticipated by either the attackers or defenders has begun to materialize in Warsaw. There, the rhetoric of military buildup along Poland’s eastern frontier has run into the cold calculation that Poland’s survival chances aren’t likely to be much better than those of the USS Donald Cook, if there had been a real firefight, Turkish style.

The US destroyer Donald Cook is armed with the Aegis combat system, a combination of missiles intended to attack Russian nuclear, as well as non-nuclear missile batteries on land, sea, and in the air. The ship is normally docked at the NATO base at Rota, Spain. Between April 8 and 11, it was at the Polish port of Gdynia. The US Navy press reported the port call as part of the vessel’s “fourth forward-deployed patrol in support of ballistic missile defense of Europe…Such port visits serve to enhance U.S.-Polish relations as the two nations work together for a stable, secure and prosperous region.”

The Donald Cook departed from Gdynia on April 11 and sailed northeast to Klaipeda, Lithuania, where it made port on the morning of April 14. There isn’t a ferry between the two ports. Driving on land the long way around the Russian territory of Kaliningrad takes 8 hours. If there were a direct ferry, it would take no more than 6 hours. The US Navy destroyer took more than three days.

In the interval, steaming very slowly, the Donald Cook conducted exercises with SH-2G Super Seasprite helicopter units of the Polish Navy. At a distance of about 70 kilometres offshore from Kaliningrad and the Russian missile, naval and air base complex around Baltysk, the US-Polish operations were shadowed by units of the Russian Navy and Air Force. According to the US Navy version, in the mid-afternoon of April 11 the “Donald Cook was conducting deck landing drills with an Allied military helicopter when two Russian SU-24 jets made numerous, close-range and low altitude passes”.

After suspending the Polish helicopter landings for a time, the operation reportedly resumed. The next day, April 12, the US Navy says “a Russian KA-27 Helix helicopter conducted circles at low altitude around the ship, seven in total, at approximately 5 p.m. local. The helicopter passes were also deemed unsafe and unprofessional by the ship’s commanding officer. About 40 minutes following the interaction with the Russian helicopter, two Russian SU-24 jets made numerous close-range and low altitude passes, 11 in total. The Russian aircraft flew in a simulated attack profile and failed to respond to repeated safety advisories in both English and Russian.”

The last pass was videotaped on board, and the images published to the world by the Pentagon (lead image). By ignoring two days of more than 20 Russian aircraft sorties around the Donald Cook, it has been made to appear the two Su-24s were simulating a strafing attack. Subsequently, Secretary of State John Kerry announced: “It’s unprofessional and under the rules of engagement that could have been a shot down, so people need to understand that this is serious business and the United States is not going to be intimidated in high seas. We respect our freedom of navigation … and we are communicating to the Russians how dangerous this is.”

What actually had happened has been more precisely reported in the Polish press. There it has been revealed that the Russian aircraft were not armed with ordnance, but with electronic countermeasures pods designed for jamming hostile gunnery and missile targeting systems. If the commanders and their signals staff on board the Donald Cook were not themselves confused or jammed, they knew that the final two passes, after the nine earlier ones that afternoon, was anything but an attack simulation.

Source: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-36050689
The Polish state radio also reported the Ministry of Defence in Warsaw as claiming the joint US-Polish operation “will be practising take-offs and landings from the deck of the ship.” This, Polish defence reports say, was false. According to the Polish sources, the 20-year old helicopters have performed several thousand landings and takeoffs on Polish vessels at sea. The Polish state media have also reported that after the suspension of the April 11 operation, the buzzing the next day put a stop to the operation altogether. If true, the Su-24 “attack” achieved its purpose.

But what was the US and Polish purpose, and why were so many warnings issued by the Russian side, and ignored by the US and Polish commanders?

It was almost exactly two years ago that the USS Donald Cook was buzzed by a pair of Su-24s in the Black Sea. On that occasion the Russian aircraft made their passes at a slightly higher altitude. They too were equipped with electronic signal jammers. The operations were reported by the Russian side at the time as defensive of shore installations on Crimea and the mainland. In the Russian interpretation, each of the Donald Cook’s “forward deployed patrols” is an operation aimed at Russian naval and shore defences, and at Russia’s long-range nuclear missile deployments which are targeted at western Europe and the US. These include the mobile S-400s, nuclear armed, which have been reported to be moving in and out of Kaliningrad. As analysed here, “nothing an Aegis-armed missile battery does within range of Russia can be routine at any time.”

As a forward deployment of an anti-ballistic missile (ABM) system, the Donald Cook’s port-call in Poland, and its subsequent cruise across the Baltic to Lithuania, make, for the Russian side, a US violation of the Strategic Arms Reduction Treaty of 2010, amounting to an “extraordinary event” and cause for Russia’s withdrawal from the pact, according to Article XIV. For the treaty wording, click to open. For an early assessment by the US Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists of how the two sides regard the US Navy’s Aegis deployments in the Black and Baltic Seas, read this. For a summary of Russian military interpretations of the Aegis deployments, before the start of the US campaigns on the Ukraine and Syrian fronts, read this.

The first three of the Donald Cook’s “patrols” were in the Black Sea. Last week, the Donald Cook was making its first foray against Russian targets under the Baltic Sea and onshore.

CLICK TO ENLARGE
Source: http://www.osw.waw.pl/sites/default/files/prace_41_en_0.pdf
By the time the Donald Cook docked at Klaipeda, its captain, Commander Charles Hampton, had cleared with the Pentagon this statement: “The objection of the United States is not about fear but about safe and professional behaviour between international militaries in international airspace and international waters. The US Navy will continue to operate forward with allies and in doing so we will not cede space. As you have seen in the media, the flybys were very low, very fast – and were inconsistent with the normal operations of international militaries in international waters and in international airspace.”

The press did not ask Hampton to clarify what his vessel and the Polish units had been doing “operating forward”, and how their operation was “consistent with the normal operations of international militaries.”

The Polish state media and Polish political and military sources have answered some of these questions. In this report Polish Radio counted the number of Russian sorties flown over the Cook on April 11-12. The radio also reported that “because of the actions of the Russians” the Polish helicopter operation had been “cancelled”. In other Polish media, the Defence Ministry cover story for the operation was exposed. The four Polish Navy helicopters have so far practised a total of 3,600 landings and takeoffs on and from Polish Navy craft over the past decade.

Onboard US Navy photographs of the Polish Seasprite reveals it was operating a special piece of equipment. As the photographs below indicate, this is a device which can be dropped by the helicopter into the water and towed.

Seasprite helicopter of Polish Navy lands on deck of USS Cook on April 11; right, close-up of anti-submarine detection
device

Its technical name is a towed magnetic anomaly detector. Combined with onboard radars, sea buoys and other devices, this equipment is designed for tracking and attacking submarines. For more on the operations plans of the Polish aircraft, read this.
What this suggests is that the Polish operation was aimed at Russian submarines below the Baltic surface, while the Donald Cook was testing operations against the Russian shore systems which defend against the US Aegis missiles.

A bulletin from the British think-tank Chatham House in London confirms that the US-Polish operation appeared to the Russian side as an attack simulation against Kaliningrad — and for that reason triggered the Russian response. “The videos and statements released by the US Navy give only a partial picture. The close fly-bys seen on video do not seem consistent with the ‘simulated attack profile’ which the US described the Russian aircraft as flying – but it has to be remembered that much of the Russian bombers’ activities would have been observed while the Donald Cook was tracking them long before they came into visual range. Other crucial aspects of the incident which remain undisclosed include what was happening in the electronic environment; what indication the Russian aircraft’s emissions, or lack of them, may have given of their actual intent. In particular, a lack of information on what other activities were taking place in the area at the time makes it hard to judge the picture as seen from Moscow – whether some kind of US or NATO activity there, either on or below the surface of the Baltic, was seen as a particular challenge by Russia which required a strong warning signal to be sent. Some Russian statements have tied this act of dangerous non-verbal communication to the fact that the Donald Cook was conducting training with a Polish aircraft within reach of Russia’s Kaliningrad Region.”
unnamed Polish analysts have gone further, pointing out that if the joint drill was part of a plan of attack against Russian targets, then Poland itself, like Ukraine, has become a “front-line state”.

Polish political analyst Stanislas Balcerac has commented skeptically: “Let’s see how much these are worth in practice, our alliances [with the US and with Germany]. And let’s not be afraid to take care of our rights and for adequate compensation. The Polish Navy is practising for a US attack on Kaliningrad by guarding the destroyers like the Donald Cook from Russian submarine interception, so “we have been caught provoking the Russians right at our very border. And since we have officially taken part in the surprise NATO military manoeuvre at armed-to-the-teeth Kaliningrad, and that has visibly upset the Russians, we should demand from our American allies compensation for the status of a front-line state, just like Egypt and Israel, which collect $ 3 billion in aid every year.”

According to Balcerac, the April 11-12 events surrounding the Donald Cook at sea last week have sharpened the policy conflicts between factions in the Polish government, presidency and General Staff. Some favour more reticence with Moscow, less reliance on security promises from the US and NATO. Others favour more confrontation with the Russians in order to attract greater US and NATO funding for the Polish budget.

Foreign Minister Witold Was....... (above), one of the Polish confrontationists, claimed the deployment of NATO forces in the region should not be considered as a provocation against Moscow, but rather “a decisive military measure aimed at deterring potential aggressors. Showing weakness is often seen as an incentive for aggression.”

At the time of the incidents at sea, the Polish Defence Minister Antoni Mac..... (below, left) was at NATO headquarters in Brussels meeting with the NATO Secretary-General, Jens Stoltenberg (right), and US General Philip Breedlove, commander of NATO forces in Europe.

According to the Warsaw communique, Mac.... “thanked General Breedlove during talks for taking the Polish point of view into account when planning the deployment of armed forces on the eastern flank, indicating at the same time, that without the presence of international NATO troops, defense would not be effective. General Breedlove expressed his appreciation for Poland’s involvement in work on the development of a plan to strengthen the eastern flank.”

The minister and the ministry have remained silent on the Donald Cook operation. So the ministry spokesman in Warsaw was asked three questions:

There has been no reply from Warsaw.

1 Like

Re: The Dramatic Moment Russian Fighter Jets 'buzzed' A US Navy Warship by Missy89(f): 9:03pm On Apr 25, 2016
Ah yes.

Let us believe the account of a known traitor and KGB agent code name Socrates who pass US secrets to the Soviets

John Helmer, an Australian who blogs prolifically at Dances With Bears. Helmer worked for several governments, including the Carter administration, but is best known for his writings on Russia, where he has lived for years. He is reliably pro-Putin — this may have something to do with the fact that KGB officers have named him as one of their agents going back to the 1980’s — and has been involved in smears against other Americans who are public critics of Putin.
Re: The Dramatic Moment Russian Fighter Jets 'buzzed' A US Navy Warship by scully95: 9:13pm On Apr 25, 2016
NairaMinted:

The US Navy destroyer took more than three days.

Lol.. These guys are actually living in the past. They have turned to the world's laughing stock... They were actually looking for a simulated enemy.. YEs, here comes a real one finally....lol CNN, all the controlled media in the Baltic, NATO.. Get ready to report this one live.. Here comes the Enemy.. Russia with Buzzzzzzzzz..

Laughing stock of the century
Re: The Dramatic Moment Russian Fighter Jets 'buzzed' A US Navy Warship by bonechamberlain(m): 9:15pm On Apr 25, 2016
NairaMinted:

]
There has been no reply from Warsaw.
. Poland are only deceiving themselves, if they think u.s or NATO would do anything rash to Russia on their behalf. useless propaganda west angry
Re: The Dramatic Moment Russian Fighter Jets 'buzzed' A US Navy Warship by fineguy11(m): 9:54pm On Apr 25, 2016
NairaMinted:
Like the Gulf of Tonkin incident, another encounter at sea has been twisted to fit an agenda of demonization and in pursuance of the propaganda of "Russian aggression" For the sake of the Baltic states, the Ukrainians and the Polish people I hope they snap outta their delusions before their misguided leaders lead them into the abyss.

Appleyard, Underground, Cyprus000, Zoharariel, Scully95, Fineguy11, Tkester2 , bonechamberlain, capip120, Barram I'm tagging you guys just in case i get blocked again. If I do get blocked, see you again at about 7pm Tuesday the 26th wink

when the music starts,,no amount of US CARRIERS,or NATO soldiers@russian western frontiers will save the 3baltic states plus ukraine and poland from being f.ucked by conventional weapons of the russian armed forces...WHEN THE USA FORMS AN ALLIANCE WITH OVER 20 MILITARIES AGAINST ONE NATION,this shows you how,PARANOID and weak the militaries of the west is ...if only russia had a military budget of 600 billion dollars for just 3 years...,the whole europe would be PUTIN"S FOOTSTOOL!!THE WHOLE POLAND WOULD BE PUTIN"S PERSONAL APPLE FARM!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Dramatic Moment Russian Fighter Jets 'buzzed' A US Navy Warship by scully95: 12:17am On Apr 26, 2016
Missy89:

You keep showing you have little understanding of the country you support everyday. You are in over your head

Contrary to your opinion, ''All personal activities'' are not been watched in Russia. That's an exaggeration of the highest order that even a lie dedector will get angry with. Russia is not a police state like Amerika where a man and a woman's bedroom civil war are watched and recorded by the NSA, with no privacy of their own.

Read more about Russian surveillance here. http://www.worldpolicy.org/journal/fall2013/Russia-surveillance

Finally you said,

Opining that oppositions are not tolerated in Russia under Putin, is a script from western media narative

Do you know the only MP that voted against the Crimea annexation is now in exile just because he had a different opinion?

You see, i don't need to say much but I can't just read this junk from you and not reply.

MP that voted against Crimean Refferandum (Not annexation here first of all) is now in Exile ?
Where is he ?
Who is chassing him?
What is he hiding in his wardroab and why run ?
Why all the 5th column not running or going on exile Afterall they run the western bank style and are serving the interest of the west

So when you copy and paste your foolish propaganda, you should try to add brain here and stop sharing rubbish again from the west. 90% of anything you share from the west is pure propaganda.. Even each letter used is propanganda. OK.

I will share a video of Putin lashing one those 5th collumn here.
They were just having a normal conversation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zl90fme0XEc

Why is this guy he blasted no on exile ?

Ode.

The last time Kadyrov shared a video on his Instagram of a pure puppet that is running a tiny party in Russia the last time, Can you imagine how the Instagram quickly blocked that video and youtube even brought it down.
Do you know the controvsery that video generated ?

[img]https://static.life.ru/posts/2016/01/181863/gr/north/401f439bd1d8f2b1b4f92e3e913e4042__1920x.jpg[/img]
This is Kasyanov, a former Communist party apparatchik and a Yeltsin appointed Prime Minister in 2000-2004, earned a nickname “Misha 2 percent” because this was the bribe he demanded from every business transition in the country.

“Kasyanov was dismissed, along with the entire cabinet, by President Vladimir Putin on 24th February 2004 after more than three years in office.”

These are the devils dininng with the devil itself, they will end up dieing with the devil just like Nemtov. Nemtov was a pure or rather pamanenet U.S puppet and his time was during Yetsin. Those days have gone.

Now see the Kasyanov in the photo above.
Kdayrov, trying to trap the liberals in their own webs, he has posted on his Instagram account a video taken by a hidden camera of Kasyanov, an apparatchik from so called “PARNAS” party, in Strasbourg meeting with the official representatives from NATO countries to receive money to conduct anti-government operations in Russia.

Now what is that ?
Re: The Dramatic Moment Russian Fighter Jets 'buzzed' A US Navy Warship by jnhmaxxwell: 12:47am On Apr 26, 2016
Missy89:

Finally you said,

You see, i don't need to say much but I can't just read this junk from you and not reply.

MP that voted against Crimean Referendum (Not annexation here first of all) is now in Exile ?
Where is he ?
Who is chasing him?
What is he hiding in his wardrobe and why run ?
Why all the 5th column not running or going on exile After-all they run the western bank style and are serving the interest of the west. So when you copy and paste propaganda, you should try to stop sharing misinformation again from the west. 90% of anything you share from the west is pure propaganda.

I will share a video of Putin lashing of one those 5th column here.
They were just having a normal conversation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zl90fme0XEc

Why is this guy he blasted no on exile ? Now let me share a typical example of an opposition story in Russia recently.

To trap the liberals in their own webs, Kadyrov posted on his Instagram account a video taken by a hidden camera of Kasyanov, an apparatchik from so called “PARNAS” party, in Strasbourg meeting with the official representatives from NATO countries to receive money to conduct anti-government operations in Russia.

Second photo bellow shows Kasyanov with the NATO members here. Is this your definition of opposition because this what it means in Russia and the fact that you have such, that does not mean a Russia will kill Kasyanov. What they always do, is just ban the party. Simple as abc.

Now that is asymmetric measure Russia has taken against all the Non governmental associations sponsoring a colour revolution and others in the country. A Russia will not kill you. A party sponsoring by NATO on a secretive visit to Strasbourg.

So you need to get to the bottom of it before posting anything here.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why America Is The Greatest Country On Earth. / The Only Eye That Saw The Nuclear Blast Of Hiroshima / US ELECTION: Joe Biden Is Next US President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 132
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.