Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,447 members, 7,819,654 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:58 PM

My Wampserver Isnt Working. - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / My Wampserver Isnt Working. (1031 Views)

4 Reasons Why Your Blog Isnt Getting Traffic / Ur Website Isnt Approved By Google Ads & U Wanna Make Money ? Get In Here / Help My New Domain Isnt Working (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Wampserver Isnt Working. by Nobody: 10:10pm On Apr 13, 2016
Database Administrators in the house, please I need help on my non working WampServer.

Whenever I open my wampserver on my system and click on phpMyAdmin, I end up getting an open browser with "403 Forbidden,
Forbidden,
You don't have permission to access /phpmyadmin/ on this server".

I have uninstalled all suspected apps on my laptop, e.g modem apps, Skype, games, etc, and I have also browsed it online for a solution without getting a concrete answer.

I will appreciate if anyone here can help me with the solution that I seek for.

Thanks as I await worthy responses.
Re: My Wampserver Isnt Working. by ifex370(m): 11:07pm On Apr 13, 2016
I fixed this fish b4 Buh AF forgotten...

Pls help me with links to ccna slides via web-browsers
Re: My Wampserver Isnt Working. by Nobody: 11:19pm On Apr 13, 2016
ifex370:
I fixed this fish b4 Buh AF forgotten...

Pls help me with links to ccna slides via web-browsers
Re: My Wampserver Isnt Working. by romme2u: 4:39am On Apr 14, 2016
KINGinVALHALA3:
Database Administrators in the house, please I need help on my non working WampServer.

Whenever I open my wampserver on my system and click on phpMyAdmin, I end up getting an open browser with "403 Forbidden,
Forbidden,

I have uninstalled all suspected apps on my laptop, e.g modem apps, Skype, games, etc, and I have also browsed it online for a solution without getting a concrete answer.

so u are learning web development yet u spend so much time jabbing those wannabees throwing tantrums over romanceland, dating and whatever zones u call them.

u should know u have a terrific job ahead of u and start focusing if u want to be successful in this business. stop wasting ur time posting those trash dissing and shading those who don't have a plan for their lives and concentrate on ur programming journey.. i can assure u that in few years u will start reaping benefits till eternity.

Back to ur probs, that error is thrown by Apache not from the database probably becos u run wamp as a normal user not as admin. if u are running windows 7 whenever u want to run wamp server, right click on its icon and select run as admin.

OR if it still gives u problem, uninstall it and install it again. Normally wamp runs as a service on windows and autostart itself during windows startup unless u explicitly choose to start it manually during installation.

i don't know how to explain it further becos i am tired of typing but it is a privilege issue. if u don't know how to start and stop the server manually, then just uninstall it and do a clean install.
Re: My Wampserver Isnt Working. by Nobody: 7:31am On Apr 14, 2016
romme2u:

so u are learning web development yet u spend so much time jabbing those wannabees throwing tantrums over romanceland, dating and whatever zones u call them.

u should know u have a terrific job ahead of u and start focusing if u want to be successful in this business. stop wasting ur time posting those trash dissing and shading those who don't have a plan for their lives and concentrate on ur programming journey.. i can assure u that in few years u will start reaping benefits till eternity.

Back to ur probs, that error is thrown by Apache not from the database probably becos u run wamp as a normal user not as admin. if u are running windows 7 whenever u want to run wamp server, right click on its icon and select run as admin.

OR if it still gives u problem, uninstall it and install it again. Normally wamp runs as a service on windows and autostart itself during windows startup unless u explicitly choose to start it manually during installation.

i don't know how to explain it further becos i am tired of typing but it is a privilege issue. if u don't know how to start and stop the server manually, then just uninstall it and do a clean install.
I will leave the emboldened to answer itself.

I'm using window's 8 and I have tried running it as admin, but it still didn't work.

Yeah, my thought actually, maybe I should just uninstall and and re-install it again.

Thanks a lot.
Re: My Wampserver Isnt Working. by romme2u: 9:07am On Apr 14, 2016
KINGinVALHALA3:

I will leave the emboldened to answer itself.

I'm using window's 8 and I have tried running it as admin, but it still didn't work.

Yeah, my thought actually, maybe I should just uninstall and and re-install it again.

Thanks a lot.

win 7 is more developer friendly than win 8. i heard a lot of guys had that problem with win8 initially but if fresh install won't work which i doubt, u can consider downgrading to win 7. personally i hate win 8 with passion, it just freaks me out.

Download a fresh wamp online for win8, that should solve ur problems
Re: My Wampserver Isnt Working. by DualCore1: 10:48am On Apr 14, 2016
Try this:
Enter command prompt (CMD) as an administrator. Do that by typing "CMD", right-click on the application and run as administrator.

At the command prompt, issue the following command (and hit enter):

net stop W3SVC

Then restart all WAMP services and check if apache has started successfully.

1 Like

Re: My Wampserver Isnt Working. by spikesC(m): 10:45pm On Apr 16, 2016
romme2u:

win 7 is more developer friendly than win 8. i heard a lot of guys had that problem with win8 initially but if fresh install won't work which i doubt, u can consider downgrading to win 7. personally i hate win 8 with passion, it just freaks me out.

I've been developing with windows 8 for a very long time now and I haven't had any problem that is not fixable. All OS has compatibility problems from time to time.

KINGinVALHALA3:
Forbidden,

If you're still having this problem, download a fresh and latest version of wamp from their website.
Download and install all vcredist versions they ask you to (2010 - 2015 x86 and x64 for each)
Install wampserver as administrator (i.e right click on installation program and chose Run as Administrator)

This fixes most of wamps problems you'll ever encounter
Re: My Wampserver Isnt Working. by romme2u: 11:31pm On Apr 16, 2016
spikesC:

I've been developing with windows 8 for a very long time now and I haven't had any problem that is not fixable. All OS has compatibility problems from time to time.

If you're still having this problem, download a fresh and latest version of wamp from their website.
Download and install all vcredist versions they ask you to (2010 - 2015 x86 and x64 for each)
Install wampserver as administrator (i.e right click on installation program and chose Run as Administrator)

This fixes most of wamps problems you'll ever encounter

hi boss it has been long i sight u for here, its like u went on break.

thanks for the insight

what u said is absolute truth, all os have their good and terrible part. win 8 has a terrible UX and third party software issues but it is not a problem to professionals (we know how to wiggle our way through even if it requires cmd) though it may be an uphill task for beginners as they may have a hard time getting use to the new style
Re: My Wampserver Isnt Working. by fun1: 12:46pm On Apr 17, 2016
which browser are u using? Guess its chrome
Re: My Wampserver Isnt Working. by spikesC(m): 9:34pm On Apr 17, 2016
romme2u:

hi boss it has been long i sight u for here, its like u went on break.

thanks for the insight

what u said is absolute truth, all os have their good and terrible part. win 8 has a terrible UX and third party software issues but it is not a problem to professionals (we know how to wiggle our way through even if it requires cmd) though it may be an uphill task for beginners as they may have a hard time getting use to the new style

Yeah, Nairaland kind of went stale for me and I've been very busy.

Quite true, but then it's Microsoft. We expect the worst from them wink
Re: My Wampserver Isnt Working. by Nmeri17: 4:31am On Apr 20, 2016
spikesC:
Bobo chk your mail abeg
Re: My Wampserver Isnt Working. by Nmeri17: 4:52am On Apr 20, 2016
spikesC:

I didn't see anything o! undecided undecided
Sorry bro, I just resent. The mail stubbornly came back and said he wasn't going again so I beat him to pulp and sent him back angry Hope you've seen him now?
Re: My Wampserver Isnt Working. by Nobody: 12:30am On Apr 29, 2016
romme2u:
Hi bro!
Sorry for replying late. My moniker was in jail ever since. just got released.
Re: My Wampserver Isnt Working. by haryomikun(m): 1:51am On Apr 29, 2016
romme2u:

what tha'!! Windows 8 is the best ever Windows experience I have experienced grin E fresh die

http://www.TheMcHub.com

(1) (Reply)

How To Create First-test.html And Open It On With A Browser / Best Places To Learn SEO Online Free And Become SEO Lord... / Anybody Interested In Commenting Tribe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.